What's new

With eye on Beijing, US signals ‘full embrace’ of Delhi

As i said before we are a reaction based political system.We wouldn't even be thinking of all this alliance thing,if the PLA didn't start massive infrastructure upgrade in tibet,place tactical ballistic missiles and IRBMs there and pour in troops,conduct regular sneaky incursions.Now any bilateral realtionship given our history especially will be affected by this.So yeah PLA's posture will dictate our response.
As for military relationship i believe we will stay with both russia and usa.
With russia the JV and tech transfer deals that us won't do[it doens't with anyone for that matter]
For usa off the shelf necessary high tech equipment.

If USA isn't even willing to take a bullet for Japan over Senkaku Islands and isn't even willing to take a bullet for Philippines over Scarborough Shoal, are they going to take a bullet for India?? Imagine if India is as stupid as Japan and the Philippines and took America's boasting about containing China seriously, then find themselves left all alone when PLA makes a move and America quietly abandones them.

India's aren't that stupid. USA can never be a true military ally. It can only be an arms supplier. Worse, it's arms come with political strings and compete directly with Russia and European arms.

If USA isn't even willing to take a bullet for Japan over Senkaku Islands and isn't even willing to take a bullet for Philippines over Scarborough Shoal, are they going to take a bullet for India?? Imagine if India is as stupid as Japan and the Philippines and took America's boasting about containing China seriously, then find themselves left all alone when PLA makes a move and America quietly abandones them.

India's aren't that stupid. USA can never be a true military ally. It can only be an arms supplier. Worse, it's arms come with political strings and compete directly with Russia and European arms.

well India will use USA to become stronger itself. We never depend on anyone to fight our war. But yes its benefit to us to get the best techs and you can already see most of Indian top systems are Superior to Chinese ones be it ACC (50 Year experience), Subs (Aklula class), Frigates, Destroyers, Missiles (like Brahmos), Fighter Planes (MKI, Mig 29 and next PAKFA), Apache, C-130J etc etc

So we do not mind at all if the US provides us with the best of techs. As for China we will pursue our agenda with China with a policy dictated only by our own priorities and interests. US or no other country can force India.

We don't build aircraft carriers for anybody so don't need apply trust for that. Same as the F22. Should be happy to get the Javelin even though India wanted tot. And why do you even want to do nuclear test when you would be condemned for it? Are you giving us a reason to explain why we didn't do what you asked for?

I am just simply explaining the trust factor India have with Russia, which would be hard to replace for the next 20-25 years. We hear US officials saying they are ready for next level of engagement and ToT in anything. But lastly they refused it even in Javelin.
US have to remove the trust deficit it had created with respect to India.

US is on a full contain china policy in Asia. India, Japan, Philippines are just being used. This is good news for the PLA, as more funds will be poured into the military. And by the members of the politburo standing committee, you can see hardliners have gained more power over liberals. Seems the CPC wants hardliners in charge which is why they chose the individuals they did into the politburo standing committee. You can bet the PLA will be using the US Asia pivot to get as much funding as possible.

The more China feels contained, the more aggressive China will get. Big powers need their space, if they don't get it, there will be military clash as the established power is not giving the rising power their own space. With the economic, financial and military capabilities, China will be alot more tough on global affairs like Iran issue, Syria issue, NK issue, climate change, trade, investment, finance, Chinese weapons exports to American enemies, etc.

I thought this will happen, the more the US contains China, the more hardline China will become. With the power China already posses and will posses in the future, this has the potential to get real ugly. The real test will be when the Neo-conservatives in the US come into power and the more militaristic hardliners in China get into power. Then any slight miscalculation could result in an all out war. Pretty sure China will be rapidly developing its nuclear arsenal.

This decade will see a DRAMATIC rise Chinese military spending and capabilities.

We should keep in mind that we share borders with China, not US. They are our neighbors and we can have cooperation at many levels too. So better if we make our own place and keep relations better with both US and China. US has ditched Philippines and Vietnam in middle during recent spats of these countries with China.

It would bad decision if we move into US camp. We should rather follow our independent Foreign Policy like we have been following in last few decades.

but China is not friendly with India it is continuously supporting Pakistan and using it against India. Russia is not getting along with India against China's policy in South CHINA sea so India have to go to US and US is greater power and it doesn't matter if it have borders with any country or not it can support any country in world take S.Korea and japan these two countries have full military support of US but they are far away from America. Russia is communist country so it is natural ally of China and it doen't consider India as friend but it consider it as a customer only .

We should do everything to maintain peace in the region by communicating with our neighbors...We should keep USA as our business partner and also keep in mind that this is the same country whose president once had these things to say about us when their hypocritical government was supporting a dictator.

Asia Times Online :: South Asia news, business and economy from India and Pakistan

Indians are "a slippery, treacherous people", said president Richard Nixon. "The Indians are bastards anyway. They are the most aggressive goddamn people around,"

We should do everything to maintain peace in the region by communicating with our neighbors...We should keep USA as our business partner and also keep in mind that this is the same country whose president once had these things to say about us when their hypocritical government was supporting a dictator.

Asia Times Online :: South Asia news, business and economy from India and Pakistan

Time Changes needs changes.... European countries fought with each other but no they are co-operating with each other

Th reason for China frustrated with India is because they have strived for decades reinventing the wheel and when India just go to the market and purchase better products they are butt hurt !!

Indians be careful USA candies an lollies always cause cancer history is witness of that fact, every country USA is kind too is in a mess, look at your neighbour pakistan.

Very true. The US build you up to knock you down later.

Time Changes needs changes.... European countries fought with each other but no they are co-operating with each other

European states like freelance, Germany,and Italy are similar to Indian states. The difference is that Britain united India, no one ad united Europe so Europe would not join together as a nation. Asian countries like China, India and Pakistan do not belong to the same civilization. There is no way these countries can unite except for common economic interest in various organizations such as the climate change scam meetings.

European states like freelance, Germany,and Italy are similar to Indian states. The difference is that Britain united India, no one ad united Europe so Europe would not join together as a nation. Asian countries like China, India and Pakistan do not belong to the same civilization. There is no way these countries can unite except for common economic interest in various organizations such as the climate change scam meetings.

i like your comment but you totally got me wrong on that one...i was giving an example of European countries as they all were at war with each other but now they are working together for benefit of each other.

What anti-China stance buddy ? India and China are business minded enough for not going into war which can affect their growth rate and hence turns out beneficial for their adversaries.

India and China both are realizing that mutual cooperation is way better than traditional rivalry. You will soon see this in Afghanistan and there is already healthy competition between India and China in Africa, in Africa China is ahead though.

That's why US is trying to lure India into its camp as it is the only nation which has disputes with China and is the strongest among the Chinese neighboring nations after Russia. Russia won't ever go against China and Japan is already on US side. So at this time, US needs India for its Asia-Pacific policies.

This is the reason why Australia, Japan and ASEAN nations are trying to increase their ties with India.

But the fact is, India has brighter future with trade with China. China is already a manufacturing giant and India is becoming one and both offer each other great market. For China, Indian middle class is too much valuable as customer base.

China has already shown signs for cooperation in space. If we want to leap frog like China did, we have to work in collaboration with nations like China, Russia and US. Any two of them are good for India provided there are less strings attached and more trust factor. With US, you can never totally trust them. Friendship with US comes with many strings attached.

If we want US on equal terms as a friend, then we have to follow the path of China, i.e., becoming self sufficient, economically stable and more say in world politics. Otherwise US may leave us as soon as it has nothing to gain from us.

We should maintain good relations with all P5 countries at this time and few more decades to come.

my friend , i wish we had an awesome relationship with china, but we do not ! just as i said they pushed us in a corner , what i meant is arming pakistan with nukes (that is a very specific anti-india stance as pak is not going to use them on any other country except INDIA ). Also denying us our own ARUNACHAL and aksai-chin and mansarovar . what else is not anti-india mate . are we supposed to sue for peace when they are going on with their anti-india stance on a daily basis . i know you are thinking positively , and hope you are right , but i fear that chinese govt does not represent chinese populace ; and so i don't expect them to back down on any point (just think ,we already did back down on TIBET , and what did that give us except further anti-indian activities !!!)

Back
Top Bottom