What's new

With 500 Soldiers On Guard, China Starts New Construction In Doklam

lol.. The road is hardly anywhere near the standoff point. Is this the best Mr. Xi could do to safe face?

Do you not understand basic strategy?

The location they are building this at has nothing else there for this road to serve, what China is doing is cementing their claim in the region and massively boosting infrastructure capabilities allowing them to move forces faster into the area. This is also only the starting location, a road has to go somewhere and they will likely keep building until they get to the border.

On top of that they still have their troops patrolling the region, while India withdrew, so please stop trying to spin this.
For god sake...try to think on this....atleast once!!....Now check your first bold part...did i mention salami slicing?? So please don't challenge my understanding and try to reason out with me...Now let me ask you some pointed question...

a) Was this basic strategy missing when China simply pushed road building at the flashpoint?? They could have done this 10 KM road to go somewhere earlier also, no??
b) So what does that mean...they miscalculated India's move..and thus had to halt construction...let me know if you disagree here...
c) Now lets talk about the bold assumption....Just because they are building 10 KM from flashpoint is itself not a guarantee that they will reach border..one because border is still not resolved...secondly we halted that earlier and probability is high, we will do it again(note - i used a word probability - knowing fully that we will, because we have no other choice...yet if i speculate, i make it apparent...)
d) About troops, you can't be more wrong...and perhaps have colored thoughts...one, India was never patrolling there...secondly China was always patrolling there...what this time they have done is increased the numbers(500 is what article says)....and as said India was anticipating such a move...the need is - do we need to counter it? and if yes, then how....this is what salami slicing is all about...you make a move, which is not strong enough thus make your adversary wonder about cost/benefits of confrontation...

Now here is a million dollar advice...There are no winners and losers when Big guys fight...Doklam flashpoint also fall in same category....yes we pushed them back...however what is the cost we are paying....we don't know yet....Yes China is building road 10 km from flashpoint...however what cost is she paying...we don't know that either....All we know is that in BRICS we were able to reprimand Pakistan on terrorism, something that china didn't allow us on our own turf(in 2016)..is that even related to Doklam...we don't know that either....what else is in store...we don't know...hope you get the drift....

Last edited:
Big victory for India.
China has now fully accepted the reality she will never be able to build a road in standoff area and is now forced to build a road 10 km away.
LOL at the Indian going bonkers with humiliation!!!

What happened to Indian boasting about protecting Bhutan land from Chinese annexation?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

So why did china not build permanent structure to accommodate these 500 soldiers ? Looks like they have a Plan B of going back when India responds :enjoy:
LOL is that a warning? When will India stop being meek and pusillanimous? We can only see cowardly India. Please show us your shupa powa!

LOL at the Indian going bonkers with humiliation!!!

What happened to Indian boasting about protecting Bhutan land from Chinese annexation?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

LOL is that a warning? When will India stop being meek and pusillanimous? We can only see cowardly India. Please show us your shupa powa!
No doubt, another Indians "BIG VICTORY" since 1962 as always:super::super:
Another "Doomsday" for us poor Chinese:cry::cry:

Really? It's not that particular plot but land around as well where we don't want the accessibility for China.

If they can come so frequently to this land then it's a big gain for them. A few meters not kms which you Misread.

India must answer the bully.

It will haunt back later. Must attend it right away.
Yes, you should answer PLA's bold invasion of Bhutan land instead of just boasting. But wait... you already unilaterally retreated like a coward after your a$$ was kicked in Ladakh :enjoy:

a) Was this basic strategy missing when China simply pushed road building at the flashpoint?? They could have done this 10 KM road to go somewhere earlier also, no??

They were testing Bhutan before, they developed a strategy based on the response they got. Chinese plan their strategies well in advance and stick as closely as they can to it.

b) So what does that mean...they miscalculated India's move..and thus had to halt construction...let me know if you disagree here...

Temporarily halted, which they claimed was due to local weather conditions. I dont know the weather there, but if its similar to Thimphu, then there has been heavy rain for the last month or so. There was no miscalculation, they didn't withdraw any troops or withdraw their claim, they are waiting for a suitable environment to continue construction.

c) Now lets talk about the bold assumption....Just because they are building 10 KM from flashpoint is itself not a guarantee that they will reach border..one because border is still not resolved...secondly we halted that earlier and probability is high, we will do it again(note - i used a word probability - knowing fully that we will, because we have no other choice...yet if i speculate, i make it apparent...)

There is nothing else in the area which would require a road, the road they want to build is strategically placed to allow quick deployment of their forces in the area. The longer they keep this up too, the more their claim on the region gets cemented.

d) About troops, you can't be more wrong...and perhaps have colored thoughts...one, India was never patrolling there...secondly China was always patrolling there...what this time they have done is increased the numbers(500 is what article says)....and as said India was anticipating such a move...the need is - do we need to counter it? and if yes, then how....this is what salami slicing is all about...you make a move, which is not strong enough thus make your adversary wonder about cost/benefits of confrontation...

Thats ridiculous, if India was "playing weak", then it would have done so from the beginning and not after it claimed a 'mutual withdrawal' of forces. Face it, India couldn't confront the Chinese and walked away before the situation escalated.

China is already well aware of India's capabilities in the region, nothing would be gained for India hiding its forces. Inaction will only further Chinas claim in the region, and strip away India's reliability as a partner to Bhutan.

All we know is that in BRICS we were able to reprimand Pakistan on terrorism, something that china didn't allow us on our own turf

Are you really so dumb that you fell for that propaganda? India did absolutely nothing to Pakistan, Pakistan itself made an exactly similar statement a year earlier. Please stop being so desperate and spinning everything into some kind of win for you people.

Do you not understand basic strategy?

The location they are building this at has nothing else there for this road to serve, what China is doing is cementing their claim in the region and massively boosting infrastructure capabilities allowing them to move forces faster into the area. This is also only the starting location, a road has to go somewhere and they will likely keep building until they get to the border.

On top of that they still have their troops patrolling the region, while India withdrew, so please stop trying to spin this.
Indians will say "No PLA roads in Delhi so Modi is victorious again! Jai Hind!"

BTW, how long Indian army are planning to stay this time since i believe we should bill GOI for accommodation charges, of cos along with the 2 months overstaying penalty charge plus interest :moil:
Hope our dear Indian friends understand that we Chinese are business man after all, its all business, nothing personal LOL:dirol:

Back
Top Bottom