What's new

Winston Churchill wanted to nuke Kremlin ‘to win Cold War,’ FBI memo reveals

narcon

BANNED
Reaction score
Winston Churchill wanted to nuke Kremlin ‘to win Cold War,’ FBI memo reveals — RT News

churchill-nuke-cold-war.si.jpg

The Yalta (Crimea) Conference of Allied leaders (February 4-11, 1945). First row, sitting: British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, U.S. President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, and U.S.S.R. Marshal Josef Stalin before a meeting. (RIA Novosti)

History, Nuclear, Politics, Russia, UK, WWII
A secret memo from the FBI’s archives has revealed that Britain’s Winston Churchill once urged the US to drop an atomic bomb to "wipe out" the Kremlin. He reportedly thought it was the only remedy against the spread of communism to the west.

Churchill, Britain’s prime minister during World War II and again during the Cold War 1950s, made his views known to a visiting American politician in 1947, The Daily Mail reported in a preview of a new book, “When Lions Roar: The Churchills and The Kennedys” by investigative journalist Thomas Maier. The book containing the secret FBI memo is to be published next month.

Britain and the Soviet Union had been allies during WW2. However, according to the memo written by an FBI agent, Churchill asked a Right-wing Republican senator, Styles Bridges, to help persuade then-President Harry Truman to launch a nuclear attack which would make the former USSR easy to deal with.

The FBI memo claims Churchill insisted that the "only salvation for the civilization of the world would be if the President of the United States would declare Russia to be imperiling world peace and attack Russia."

The Soviet Union tested its first atomic bomb in 1949, much to the surprise to the United States, which was apparently unaware that the Soviet Union possessed nuclear weapons.

Britain’s wartime leader allegedly pledged that if an atomic bomb could be dropped on the Kremlin,"wiping it out," it would be "a very easy problem to handle the balance of Russia, which would be without direction."
Churchill, who served as British PM twice, from 1940-45 and 1951-55, warned that if this was not done, Russia would attack America within "the next two or three years, when she gets the atomic bomb and civilization will be wiped out or set back many years."

Winston Churchill was a racist scoundrel. He was the indirect course for the death of nearly 4 million people in bengal famine.
Just look at some of his statements.

I do not agree that the dog in a manger has the final right to the manger even though he may have lain there for a very long time. I do not admit that right. I do not admit for instance, that a great wrong has been done to the Red Indians of America or the black people of Australia. I do not admit that a wrong has been done to these people by the fact that a stronger race, a higher-grade race, a more worldly wise race to put it that way, has come in and taken their place.
-Churchill addressing the Peel Commission (1937) on why Britain is justified in deciding the fate of Palestine

I am strongly in favour of using poisonous gas against uncivilised tribes
-Churchill on how Britain should deal with the Iraqi revolution against British rule in 1920

Gandhi-ism and everything it stands for will have to be grappled with and crushed
-Churchill, on the independence movement in India, 1930

"It is alarming and also nauseating to see Mr. Gandhi, a seditious Middle Temple lawyer of the type well-known in the East, now posing as a fakir, striding half naked up the steps of the Viceregal palace to parley on equal terms with the representative of the King-Emperor."
-Comment on Gandhi's meeting with the British Viceroy of India, addressing the Council of the West Essex Unionist Association (23 February 1931); as quoted in "Mr Churchill on India" in The Times (24 February 1931)

This one might make a few of our neighbors happy :P
I hate Indians. They are a beastly people with a beastly religion.
-Entry dated to September 1942 on a conversation held with Churchill in Leo Amery : Diaries.

I hope it would be bitter and bloody!
-Churchill, upon hearing news of conflict between the Muslim League and Indian Congress, July 1940

If food is scarce, why isn't Gandhi dead yet?
-Churchill's witty retort toBritish Secretary of State for India Leo Amery's telegram for food stock to relieve the famine of Bengal in 1943 (4 million peopled starved to death.)

Relief would do no good, Indians breed like rabbits and will outstrip any available food supply
-Leo Amery records Churchill's stance on why famine relief was refused to India, 1944

On the subject of India, Winston is not quite sane... I didn't see much difference between his outlook and Hitler's
-Leo Amery, British Secretary of State for India

Winston Churchill was a racist scoundrel. He was the indirect course for the death of nearly 4 million people in bengal famine.

I do not agree that the dog in a manger has the final right to the manger even though he may have lain there for a very long time. I do not admit that right. I do not admit for instance, that a great wrong has been done to the Red Indians of America or the black people of Australia. I do not admit that a wrong has been done to these people by the fact that a stronger race, a higher-grade race, a more worldly wise race to put it that way, has come in and taken their place.
-Churchill addressing the Peel Commission (1937) on why Britain is justified in deciding the fate of Palestine

-Churchill on how Britain should deal with the Iraqi revolution against British rule in 1920

Gandhi-ism and everything it stands for will have to be grappled with and crushed

"It is alarming and also nauseating to see Mr. Gandhi, a seditious Middle Temple lawyer of the type well-known in the East, now posing as a fakir, striding half naked up the steps of the Viceregal palace to parley on equal terms with the representative of the King-Emperor."
-Comment on Gandhi's meeting with the British Viceroy of India, addressing the Council of the West Essex Unionist Association (23 February 1931); as quoted in "Mr Churchill on India" in The Times (24 February 1931)

-Entry dated to September 1942 on a conversation held with Churchill in Leo Amery : Diaries.

-Churchill, upon hearing news of conflict between the Muslim League and Indian Congress, July 1940

-Churchill's witty retort toBritish Secretary of State for India Leo Amery's telegram for food stock to relieve the famine of Bengal in 1943 (4 million peopled starved to death.)

Relief would do no good, Indians breed like rabbits and will outstrip any available food supply
-Leo Amery records Churchill's stance on why famine relief was refused to India, 1944

On the subject of India, Winston is not quite sane... I didn't see much difference between his outlook and Hitler's
The concept of "racism" did not exist during Churchill's youth.

Last edited:
Well Churchill was a peach. Here is a sample of his views on Mohammedans.

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries!
Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia
in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many
countries, improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods
of commerce and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the
Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and
refinement, the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan
law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as
a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the
faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. "

I plan to do Ctrl+C Ctrl+V of this Quote in any discussion wherever a Pakistani quotes percepts of Churchill against India or Indians.

Last edited:
The concept of "racism" did not exist in Churchill's youth.
His statements prove otherwise; the word may not have been coined but it surely lurked somewhere.
BTW I don't have anything against Britishers, in fact i personally feel that they address this issue more pragmatically than their American counterparts who generally try to avoid the topic altogether.:cheers:

Brits will still worship him. :laugh:

Brits will still worship him. :laugh:
Gandhi used to sleep naked with his niece, told Jews to commit suicide during the Holocaust and let his wife die because he distrusted medicine. No historical figure is as saintly as history books may portray them.

he was right. one nuke would of the cured the world of the red scare.
:tongue:

Gandhi used to sleep naked with his niece, told Jews to commit suicide during the Holocaust and let his wife die because he distrusted medicine. No historical figure is as saintly as history books may portray them.

Now you resorting to cheap stereotypes.

he was right. one nuke would of the cured the world of the red scare.
:tongue:
The Cold War would have been a disaster if it had turned hot. But while it was going on it was actually a pretty good thing for much of the world. It brought a simplicity and stability to international relations.

His statements prove otherwise; the word may not have been coined but it surely lurked somewhere.
BTW I don't have anything against Britishers, in fact i personally feel that they address this issue more pragmatically than their American counterparts who generally try to avoid the topic altogether.:cheers:

BTW I was surprised to see lot many Brits also hate Churchill, they seem him as a main culprit who destroyed the British glory and British empire by dragging Britain in a costly war. :o::o:

It's a historical fact. It doesn't take away from his good points but like Churchill he had his dark side.

BTW I was surprised to see lot many Brits also hate Churchill, they seem him as a main culprit who destroyed the British glory and British empire by dragging Britain in a costly war. :o::o:
He was a terrible Prime Minister during peacetime. It was his war record which gained him his status.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom