What's new

Winston Churchill wanted to nuke Kremlin ‘to win Cold War,’ FBI memo reveals

BTW I was surprised to see lot many Brits also hate Churchill, they seem him as a main culprit who destroyed the British glory and British empire by dragging Britain in a costly war. :o::o:

No one thinks about "empire", the only time you EVER see empire mentioned is on history documentaries, Churchill is remembered for WW2 thats about it and his quick dismissal must show he was not that well liked.

"It is alarming and also nauseating to see Mr. Gandhi, a seditious Middle Temple lawyer of the type well-known in the East, now posing as a fakir, striding half naked up the steps of the Viceregal palace to parley on equal terms with the representative of the King-Emperor."

Absolutely brilliant. Churchill always had a way with words.

Gandhi used to sleep naked with his niece, told Jews to commit suicide during the Holocaust and let his wife die because he distrusted medicine. No historical figure is as saintly as history books may portray them.
Have you got a source for that?

"It is alarming and also nauseating to see Mr. Gandhi, a seditious Middle Temple lawyer of the type well-known in the East, now posing as a fakir, striding half naked up the steps of the Viceregal palace to parley on equal terms with the representative of the King-Emperor."

Absolutely brilliant. Churchill always had a way with words.
"I hate Indians. They are a beastly people with a beastly religion."

He sure did.

Churchill was a product of his times: an aristocrat born to superpower empire that was at its peak. He can't be blamed for his contemptuous views of his colonial brown subjects or other non-white races, because at that time, it really was the most reasonable conclusion to draw. Anyway, he was also a very effective wartime leader, and everything he said was so insightful and pithy. "India is merely a geographical expression. It is no more a single country than the Equator", is probably the most accurate summation of India ever uttered.

Do you think that's a credible source?

Nobody is a saint, and there are many real criticisms one could make about Gandhi. The ones you mentioned are not among them. He did not sleep naked with his nieces, and he did not tell Jews to commit suicide - that's a bizzare reformulation of what he actually said. (What he actually said was a bad idea as well.) Even if true, those three things you mentioned pale in comparison to the murder of 4 million people by deliberate starvation, which is what Churchil did to Indians.

Many of Gandhi's economic plans would have ruined the country, had they been followed.

Last edited:
Churchill was a product of his times: an aristocrat born to superpower empire that was at its peak. He can't be blamed for his contemptuous views of his colonial brown subjects or other non-white races, because at that time, it really was the most reasonable conclusion to draw. Anyway, he was also a very effective wartime leader, and everything he said was so insightful and pithy. "India is merely a geographical expression. It is no more a single country than the Equator", is probably the most accurate summation of India ever uttered.
Yup, yet another one of his statements that our neighbors would praise, until they are shown what he thought of them.

That statement is wrong, India has had a unified identity for millenia, even though political control was unified only in two or three instances. "Bharatavarsha" has been defined a long time back, its limits being considered as himalayas in the north, Indian ocean in the South, river Oxus (I think, I'm not sure) in the west, and I forget what in the east. The idea of the subcontinent being a social identity was shared not only by us, but all civilizations we were in conttact with.

He did Indians a favor, otherwise now there would be 2 billion more rats to feed.

Winston Churchill was a racist scoundrel. He was the indirect course for the death of nearly 4 million people in bengal famine.
Just look at some of his statements.

I do not agree that the dog in a manger has the final right to the manger even though he may have lain there for a very long time. I do not admit that right. I do not admit for instance, that a great wrong has been done to the Red Indians of America or the black people of Australia. I do not admit that a wrong has been done to these people by the fact that a stronger race, a higher-grade race, a more worldly wise race to put it that way, has come in and taken their place.
-Churchill addressing the Peel Commission (1937) on why Britain is justified in deciding the fate of Palestine

I am strongly in favour of using poisonous gas against uncivilised tribes
-Churchill on how Britain should deal with the Iraqi revolution against British rule in 1920

Gandhi-ism and everything it stands for will have to be grappled with and crushed
-Churchill, on the independence movement in India, 1930

-Comment on Gandhi's meeting with the British Viceroy of India, addressing the Council of the West Essex Unionist Association (23 February 1931); as quoted in "Mr Churchill on India" in The Times (24 February 1931)

This one might make a few of our neighbors happy :P
I hate Indians. They are a beastly people with a beastly religion.
-Entry dated to September 1942 on a conversation held with Churchill in Leo Amery : Diaries.

I hope it would be bitter and bloody!
-Churchill, upon hearing news of conflict between the Muslim League and Indian Congress, July 1940

If food is scarce, why isn't Gandhi dead yet?
-Churchill's witty retort toBritish Secretary of State for India Leo Amery's telegram for food stock to relieve the famine of Bengal in 1943 (4 million peopled starved to death.)

Relief would do no good, Indians breed like rabbits and will outstrip any available food supply
-Leo Amery records Churchill's stance on why famine relief was refused to India, 1944

On the subject of India, Winston is not quite sane... I didn't see much difference between his outlook and Hitler's
-Leo Amery, British Secretary of State for India
What a disgusting man he was. That last quote is spot on, he was no different than hitter other than that his country was victorious (in no means, on their own) and got to write history.

Well Churchill was a peach. Here is a sample of his views on Mohammedans.

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries!
Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia
in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many
countries, improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods
of commerce and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the
Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and
refinement, the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan
law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as
a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the
faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. "

I plan to do Ctrl+C Ctrl+V of this Quote in any discussion wherever a Pakistani quotes percepts of Churchill against India or Indians.

This is still nothing compared to what he said about hindus.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom