What's new

Will Pakistan execute Jadhav before the final verdict?

GlobalVillageSpace

Media Partner
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Global Village Space |

M. K. Bhadrakumar |

The initial reports from Pakistan regarding the International Court of Justice’s interim order on the Kulbhushan Jadhav case give a sinking feeling. If chances of Pakistan carrying out the death sentence were evenly poised, the balance now tilts in favor of execution. It’s now, say, 75% to 25%. Consider the following.

There has been a heavy criticism of the Pakistani government’s handling of the case at the ICJ by the opposition parties. The accusations range from inept handling to outright criticism that Pakistan should have altogether dissociated from the proceedings and refused to accept the ICJ’s jurisdiction to the highly combustive allegations that there might have been some ‘match-fixing’ between Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and PM Modi. The recent visit by the Indian steel magnate Sajjad Jindal has been linked to that preposterous conspiracy theory.

Pakistani government put on a back foot
“Pakistan’s security is so important and we have to maintain our fundamental sovereign right.”
– Sartaj Aziz

Without a doubt, Sharif’s government has been put on the back foot. It is now coming under compulsion to take a hard line. The Attorney General’s Office has vowed to take the case to its “logical conclusion”. Minister for Information Marriyum Aurangzeb said Pakistan will vigorously fight this case without compromising on its national security. Advisor to Prime Minister for Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz said, “Pakistan’s security is so important and we have to maintain our fundamental sovereign right.”

Read more: Hague battle: Pakistan still very much in the game

There has been no statement from the Army so far. Evidently, the Army will keep a close tab on the groundswell of public opinion, which seems to favor the execution of Jadhav. The last date for Jadhav to appeal is May 19. But the timeline can be extended. Any such extension will give a clue on the way the wind is blowing in the GHQ in Rawalpindi.

Pakistan has already informed the ICJ that Jadhav will not be executed before August 10. It is safe to conclude that Pakistan will abide by the interim order by the ICJ. What lies beyond that certainty is a ‘known unknown’.

Having come this far, the probability is that Pakistan will present its case more forcefully at the next ICJ hearing. Surprisingly, its performance at the ICJ hearing last week was far below par – conveying even an impression that an interim order was a near-certainty and, therefore, why bother. It may have decided to keep the powder dry for the forthcoming hearing.

Will Pakistan wait for the final verdict?
From the various remarks in reaction to the ICJ’s ruling, it is apparent that Pakistan remains ambivalent about the ICJ’s jurisdiction. But the big question is whether this means that the door is open for it to refuse to comply with the ICJ’s final judgment — or even whether it will wait beyond August for the final judgment to come.

Read full article:

Pakistan is in a strange situation - If she does execute Jadhav - The international image will further deteriorate. And if she doesn't Courts would be termed as kangaroo courts internationally.

Let's see what Pakistan decides to do.... unth ab kis karvat bethta hai... deakhne wali baat hai...

I dont think that after the ICJ verdict Pakistan will have guts to execute Kulbhushan Jadhav but they can certainly do a Sarabjit Singh with him.

Pakistan is in a strange situation - If she does execute Jadhav - The international image will further deteriorate. And if she doesn't Courts would be termed as kangaroo courts internationally.

Let's see what Pakistan decides to do.... unth ab kis karvat bethta hai... deakhne wali baat hai...
well pranaam "baba ji"

do your eally think pakistanies or for that matter ISPR care's what internation media or UNO/ICJ think when they know "china sadda yaar hai " :sarcastic:

im sure they will either get kulbhushan killed by an accident or a jail brawl os say dengue or any such dsease well before final verdict of ICJ i can bet my money on it rather maine to satta lagga diya hai uspe ;)

well pranaam "baba ji"

do your eally think pakistanies or for that matter ISPR care's what internation media or UNO/ICJ think when they know "china sadda yaar hai " :sarcastic:

im sure they will either get kulbhushan killed by an accident or a jail brawl os say dengue or any such dsease well before final verdict of ICJ i can bet my money on it rather maine to satta lagga diya hai uspe ;)
Aushmaan guru beta...
There was a Chinese judge in ICJ even he didn't help this time...
Jadav can be murdered like sarabjit .. but then even Pakistanis knows, who did it and why... :enjoy:

Pakistan should definitely execute him, our image does not matter as if UN really wanted to help Pakistan they would have said something on Kashmir. Secondly we are fighting a war on terror caused by the UN they need Pakistan no matter what they say.

Pakistan should definitely execute him, our image does not matter as if UN really wanted to help Pakistan they would have said something on Kashmir. Secondly we are fighting a war on terror caused by the UN they need Pakistan no matter what they say.
Well lets see, if Pakistan can and will execute him before ICJ verdict. I bet on that...
There is already a consensus build globally what terror war Pakistan is fighting and why...
... UN tried to help you guys back in 1948, but you never fulfilled the pre-requisite, now K is a gone case, you will only make lives of Kashmir's more miserable if you doesn't understand soon... So Good Luck...

Aushmaan guru beta...
There was a Chinese judge in ICJ even he didn't help this time...
Jadav can be murdered like sarabjit .. but then even Pakistanis knows, who did it and why... :enjoy:
baba ji as they say ... utaar di loee to kya ker le gaa koee :sarcastic:

they know they have nothing to loose and they are a prooved hyper agressive nation which takes the plunge and when the cosequences starts to haunt tries to blame every oneelse including india , USA & israel conspiracy rather than there own shortsighted ness and short temperred and incompetent baviour and corruption for it

so i am sure they would again shoot them selfs in the foot and then balme it on yet another yahood o hanood saazish rather they have already been saying that "pakistani supki" at ICJ is due to nawaz sharij -sajjan jindal meeting at murree resort a few weeks back

now you tell me am i worng :sarcastic:

baba ji as they say ... utaar di loee to kya ker le gaa koee :sarcastic:

they know they have nothing to loose and they are a prooved hyper agressive nation which takes the plunge and when the cosequences starts to haunt tries to blame every oneelse including india , USA & israel conspiracy rather than there own shortsighted ness and short temperred and incompetent baviour and corruption for it

so i am sure they would again shoot them selfs in the foot and then balme it on yet another yahood o hanood saazish rather they have already been saying that "pakistani supki" at ICJ is due to nawaz sharij -sajjan jindal meeting at murree resort a few weeks back

now you tell me am i worng :sarcastic:
I m certain, they have to(not will) shoot themselves in the foot... but point is, they gonna shot themselves in one foot, or they gonna act too smart and shoot in both the feet.:smitten:

see @BABA AGHORI this is what i mean :haha:

kutta paalo , billi pallo per galat fehmi matt paalo specialli when you know khair janne do i hope you already got my point :sarcastic:

I doubt any one in international arena actually gives a squat about Yadav. As a matter of fact most people dont even have any idea about who is yadav. International community is worried that nut jobs in india might esclate it to war where nuclear exchange might become a reality otherwise they wont loose sleep over an indian from a population of over a billion people. Indians should get this into their thick skulls that we are not executing yadav anytime soon as evident by our treatment to previous indian spies who were handed the same verdict. Pakistan will keeep him alive to flaunt his face whenever india will point a finger at pakistan.

He should be executed long ago ... not a single more day on my Tax payments

He have killed so many innocent people with this terrorist activities and should not be allowed to live at all..

No , Issue with the international image, who cares about this. countries do need Pakistan and no one is going to upset their relationship with us for 1 indain terrorist...

I doubt any one in international arena actually gives a squat about Yadav. As a matter of fact most people dont even have any idea about who is yadav. International community is worried that nut jobs in india might esclate it to war where nuclear exchange might become a reality otherwise they wont loose sleep over an indian from a population of over a billion people. Indians should get this into their thick skulls that we are not executing yadav anytime soon as evident by our treatment to previous indian spies who were handed the same verdict. Pakistan will keeep him alive to flaunt his face whenever india will point a finger at pakistan.

Yes, keep him alive, after the military courts gave him a death sentence... I hope that will keep military brass satisfied.:smitten:

No one care about Jadev, but if ICJ verdict is not followed world will know somewhere there is another rough state which doesn't follow international laws.. enough for us.... Thank you.:toast_sign:

Back
Top Bottom