What's new

Will no longer tolerate bias against Sindh, reiterates Murad Ali Shah

Zardari is the worst thing that has happened to Sindh. As we speak 90% of the development budget of Sindh goes into the pockets of the contractors, Waderas, Politicians and the PPP grassroots. He and his sister Faryal have bought every politician with some standings up to the street level to strengthen his party. He is invincible but Sindh is DECAYING. Every job is sold in the province but Sindhis are still happy as he is of their kind and Bhutto is Zinda ha.

The same corrupt guy who introduced China cutting to Karachi, and was told he can sell everything with the exception of the Quaid's Mazar?
Did I say I want Jam Sadiq himself??? It was an example of a guy matching in political cunningness with Zardari to politically put PPP in place.

It is all an act and a pretty shoddy one at that, from PPP to PTI and PMLN to the Uniforms. Power and money, for every single one of them. Moral, societal, and national responsibilities have no place in it, except as veneer. Whatever good does come out is purely serendipitous or through convergent interests. None of this is surprising though. What is surprising is that the 'aam awam', the donkeys at the ends of their whips, willfully and zealously support, enable, and defend them and instead fight each other like a mangy yet still loyal packs of dogs. The only reason I can think of is that the awaam too one day aspires to be in a position to gorge itself on this country. The "Pakistani Dream", so to speak.

Last edited:
The fire will not be limited to Sindh.
I agree with you. The problem in Sindh is now structural and bigger than Zardari or Bhuttos. The underlying dynamic is the massive change imposed on the demography of Sindh in less than a generation. The effect of that has reverbated through the decades. I want you to look at it objectively if you can. Any place on earth that goes through such massive demographic change remains stable. That change creates structural instability.

Now had the migrants assiumiliated then this might not have been a issue but when the migrant numbers are so large as % of the host population and this was the case from the influx from India between 1947-1958 assimiliation is not possible as the migrants don't need to. Particularly as they became dominant in the urban areas of Sindh.

You can remove Zardari but the underlying problem I just alluded to will remain. These problems in fact go back decades way before Zardari showed up. The problem is both the migrants and hosts have little convergence and will keep voting in divergent political entities. In fact if PPP was to fade a more hardline and radical Sindhi party might emerge that could pose threat to the federation. At least with PPP it can be bought out.

I can't see a solution. There is every chance Sindh could become unstable again which would cripple the entire country as this is the countries chicken neck through which everything imported/exported must pass through.

For sure 220 million people must not b e hostage to Karachi's problems which are intractable - even in other more competent countries would struggle but in Pakistan this is intractable.

So for sake of rest of Pakistan Gwadar has to be fully developed. By fully I mean it must have proper road network that connects it with rest of Pakistan particularly the north. The western corridor is vital and I am glad it is making good progress. The bridge over Indus near Mianwali carrying the M-14 will soon be complete.

By 2023 it will be possible to drive on high quality roads from Islamabad, Peshawar, Lahore to DI Khan, to Zhob, to Qila Saifullah, to Quetta and then south to Gwadar thus giving redundancy . Over time tis will mature Gwadar as a new import/export hub for Pakistan thus reducing Karachi's grip on Pakistan's transport neck.

Is it possible for the central govt to reduce the budget share it gives to Sindh govt and instead spend that money itself on fedaral projects in Sindh? Or is the slice of pie constitutionally declared or something?
as per constitution federal government is bond to pay provinces their share as National Finance Commission.

The issue is in Sindh there is no Provincial Finance commission which could resolve the issue of distributions of financial resources within the province.

It is all an act and a pretty shoddy one at that, from PPP to PTI and PMLN to the Uniforms. Power and money, for every single one of them. Moral, societal, and national responsibilities have no place in it, except as veneer. Whatever good does come out is purely serendipitous or through convergent interests. None of this is surprising though. What is surprising is that the 'aam awam', the donkeys at the ends of their whips, willfully and zealously not only pretend to be deaf, dumb, and blind but also support, enable, and defend them like a mangy yet loyal pack of dogs. The only reason I can think of is that the awaam too one day aspires to be in a position to gorge itself on this country. The "Pakistani Dream", so to speak.

No. I don't think everyone is that bad. If it were then Pakistan would be another Afghanistan or Somalia.

Indeed, people go to politics for various reasons and money/influence is usually the topmost. But there ARE good well meaning and efficient people Pakistan. I believe in the govt of Imran Khan and I believe, if given next 10+ years, Pakistan is going to be in a better place. But there really needs to be calm inside and on the borders of Pakistan! People say Pakistan lost one decade--there is a PDF thread about that--I say Pakistan lost about TWO decades since 1988: One due to political strife (1988-1999) and one due to terrorism (2007-2016+). THAT is why Pakistan is left behind.

What is on the horizon, if you watch SS video, is another very big storm. There are literally tons of billions of $$ at stake in Sindh and there is no love left between the Urban and rural Sindh. Knives are being sharpened. As SS says, the Establishment of Pakistan needs to take Zardari aside and tell him that he can't overplay his card. If Zia ul Haq was able to crush a powerful PPP in Sindh in 1983/84 then this PPP is a shadow of its former power.

By 2023 it will be possible to drive on high quality roads from Islamabad, Peshawar, Lahore to DI Khan, to Zhob, to Qila Saifullah, to Quetta and then south to Gwadar thus giving redundancy . Over time tis will mature Gwadar as a new import/export hub for Pakistan thus reducing Karachi's grip on Pakistan's transport neck.

I wish your rosy picture of Gwadar replacing Karachi as the main port becomes a reality very very soon. Karachi is congested, overpopulated, dirty city and it could use some relief. And this 'Karachi grip' you call, perhaps existed in the America of centuries ago when NYC was the main port. It is a consequence of geography.

But I will also boast here: You give the people of Urban Sindh or urban Punjab some free hand in a remote, undeveloped port like Keti Bandar and they will turn it around! They will make it a mini-Karachi in a few decades.

Coming back to the topic, I hope people are watching the new development carefully. I hear all factions of MQM are coming together and on Friday there will demonstrate together. And they are no shy of violence, if you know their history.

But I will also boast here: You give the people of Urban Sindh or urban Punjab some free hand in a remote, undeveloped port like Keti Bandar and they will turn it around! They will make it a mini-Karachi in a few decades.
You just post a boast but then before it can walk you break it's legs by actually stating a fact " It is a consequence of geography ".

You are aware Karachi was already a shining port and city before 1947? In fact it was probably the best kept, best developed in South Asia. All those old buildings you have in Karachi are testament to that. Nothing significant has happened to Karachi post 1946 other than becoming huge but that is reflectin of Pakistan. Karachi was the only port of the Sindh, Punjab, NWFP, Kashmir before 1947.

As Pakistan grew so did it's only port. You make it sound like there was miracle in Karachi after 1947. In fact it just got bigger and dirtier. Miracles are places like Singapore.

Karachi was entrepot for the Indus Basin before 1947 thanks to geography and the British building the Indus rail line. Sort of original CPEC. Today it's exactly same as entrepot. only Pakistan has gotten 7 times bigger in population leading to extra trade.

You just post a boast but then before it can walk you break it's legs by actually stating a fact " It is a consequence of geography ".

You are aware Karachi was already a shining port and city before 1947? In fact it was probably the best kept, best developed in South Asia. All those old buildings you have in Karachi are testament to that. Nothing significant has happened to Karachi post 1946 other than becoming huge but that is reflectin of Pakistan. Karachi was the only port of the Sindh, Punjab, NWFP, Kashmir before 1947.

As Pakistan grew so did it's only port. You make it sound like there was miracle in Karachi after 1947. In fact it just got bigger and dirtier. Miracles are places like Singapore.

Karachi was entrepot for the Indus Basin before 1947 thanks to geography and the British building the Indus rail line. Sort of original CPEC. Today it's exactly same as entrepot. only Pakistan has gotten 7 times bigger in population leading to extra trade.

And?? Karachi got destroyed because of over-population and bad governance. I bet many other parts of Pakistan were also 'cleaner' under the British rule but got dirtier and chaotic because of the population growth. And so did Karachi. It almost had to: A large influx of people in an impoverished fragile new country and then the history of Pakistan after 1947 is that of the political turmoil.

Consider all those factors and EVEN you should concede that Karachi stayed a fairly decent city well into the 1970s. If the immigrants were of the caliber of the Afghan refugees of the 1980s then Karachi would have been even more ruined!

So what is your solution about the impending political storm in Pakistan that may well undo the hard earned gains of the current govt? What is this forum's solution. And if you want to bring your ethnic rants then I am not into that. I have nothing against any ethnicity. Giving credit to urban Sindh and urban Punjab is given because it is due!

And?? Karachi got destroyed because of over-population and bad governance. I bet many other parts of Pakistan were also 'cleaner' under the British rule but got dirtier and chaotic because of the population growth. And so did Karachi. It almost had to: A large influx of people in an impoverished fragile new country and then the history of Pakistan after 1947 is that of the political turmoil.

Consider all those factors and EVEN you should concede that Karachi stayed a fairly decent city well into the 1970s. If the immigrants were of the caliber of the Afghan refugees of the 1980s then Karachi would have been even more ruined!

So what is your solution about the impending political storm in Pakistan that may well undo the hard earned gains of the current govt? What is this forum's solution. And if you want to bring your ethnic rants then I am not into that. I have nothing against any ethnicity. Giving credit to urban Sindh and urban Punjab is given because it is due!

The person you are answering to is a racist and hates people who migrated to Karachi from India

Don't spend your energies on him. He is not worth it

ethnic rants then I am not into that
I think your the one who threw that stone first? The 'boast' and then the brag about Keti Bandar. This alludes to ethnic exceptionalism. Karachi was a stunning city and not Keti Bandar as you paint it. Have you seen all the historical buildings in Karachi? It was the second largest city in Pakistan and the best developed which is why it was made the capital in 1947.

That's like you should keep pleasing a "muhallai ka ghunda" or else it would start acting like a ghunda

You are right, except the fact that here your muhalla have 4.7 crore population put of which majority voted for the Ghunda.
so my dear in other words are you trying to say that State of Pakistan must extort the price of Blackmailing of PPP from Karachi ..... ???

hope you will reconsider your opinion, if some elements cross the line then it is MUST for State to intervene to fulfil its duties.

No. I am just repeating my stance of Civil disobedience against PPP led provincial government (by the people of Karachi and urban Sindh). I want every student, teacher, businessman, offices employees, factory workers, trade unions, transport unions to come on road and for once act in favor of Karachi.

Shah and Sheikh aren't the same, nor are Murad and Mujib, nor Sindh and Bangal....

If Karachi and South Punjab / Seraiki Belt are going to propell Imran Khan and win election in 2023 then they should be made a SEPARATE PROVINCE ASAP.

Otherwise 18th amendment or any other legal / political roadblock is going to come and Imran Khan won't be able to return the favor to those who voted him into power

Karachi vs Rural Sindh is escalating rapidly.
Hold some sort of referendum in Karachi to check the public's views on whether they want Karachi to be a separate province and take action fast before things turn violent.
Some of the first signs of riots and violence (attack at BTK) have already appeared. Action is needed before bloodshed occurs. Establishment needs to wake up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom