What's new

Will Donald Trump end the silly tradition of releasing tax returns?

It is not silly. At the very least, it is a sign of being transparent. If this is silly, then do away with inauguration balls, press conferences, etc...

Why not release it? unless you have something to hide?

People are saying he's scared to do so because hes not as good of a businessman as he claims, and because he has some shady dealings with Russian banks. silly tradition or not, releasing them is a message to the people that they can trust him.

People are saying he's scared to do so because hes not as good of a businessman as he claims, and because he has some shady dealings with Russian banks. silly tradition or not, releasing them is a message to the people that they can trust him.
My position is that the Russians have no bearings in this. I could be wrong and have no problems if proven wrong. But I think that for someone like Trump, he would be more embarrassed about his wealth than about having any kind of relationship with Russia.

He is not known to be a shrewd businessman, according to those who knew him intimately in business settings. His best tactic is to wear down his oppositions through stalling and/or intimidation. That is the behavior of a thug, not a businessman seeking the best compromise for all parties.

Now there is a credible allegation that Trump is severely dyslexic and exhibits all the usual behaviors of a dyslexic covering up his disability. Trump admitted that he does not read but excused it by saying he is too busy to read. In light of this, B43 who was routinely ridiculed by the Left as an intellectual lightweight turned out to have a reading pattern that was heavy in intellectual content even when he was President.

http://keithhennessey.com/2013/04/24/smarter/

He's repeatedly said he'll release them when he's no longer under audit. Why do I get the feeling the 'audit' will last the entire length of his presidency.

He should just come out and say he's not going to release them and not give a b******* answer.

It's more than 10,000 pages. I'm not reading it.

He is under the watchful eyes of the White House press corps. Dealings in Russia is irrelevant.

It's more than 10,000 pages. I'm not reading it.

You wont have to. Its likely that every major news organisation already has a team organised to sift through whatever he releases.

He is under the watchful eyes of the White House press corps. Dealings in Russia is irrelevant.

Again, if you have nothing to hide why not release it?

Because taxes are private information.

Well he's now a public official, he doesn't have to release them but its a symbol of transparency and trust to the people.

Every GOP nominee since the 70's has been releasing them, why does Trump hide his?

Well he's now a public official, he doesn't have to release them but its a symbol of transparency and trust to the people.

Every GOP nominee since the 70's has been releasing them, why does Trump hide his?

Because it's a silly practice. Nixon stated it. Trump ended it.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom