What's new

Why This Indian Neighbour Decided To Buy 2 Submarines From China

EastBengalPro

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Bangladesh analysts said procurement of the two submarines at a cost of US $203 million reflected the country's growing economic and defence ties with Beijing

bangladesh-navy-submarine-website_650x400_81499939784.jpg

DHAKA: Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today defended her country's decision to buy two submarines worth US $203 million from China saying that the move won't elicit "negative reactions" from other countries as the purpose for it was to safeguard Bangladesh's sovereignty.

Prime Minister Hasina called China a key-development partner and said that Bangladesh purchased two Chinese-made submarines to modernise its defence system by upgrading the navy into a "three-dimensional force".

"I believe that the decision of buying two submarines from China is related to the national interest of Bangladesh, and it won't create any negative reaction in the political arena in the outside world," she told Parliament yesterday.

Ms Hasina's comments came in response to a lawmaker's question about the negative speculation four months after Bangladesh Navy commissioned the two Type 035G-class submarines, also known as Ming-class, naming them as BN Nabajatra and BN Agrajatra.

She said Bangladesh's defence system was further strengthened than before due to induction of the two submarines into the Navy.

The prime minister said the two submarines would make important contributions to safeguarding the country's sovereignty and "besides, it's expected that the two submarines would play a special role in the "Blue Economy" meaning the country's economic uplift.

The conventional diesel electric submarines are equipped with torpedoes and mines.

Bangladesh analysts said procurement of the two submarines at a cost of US $203 million reflected the country's growing economic and defence ties with Beijing.

Ms Hasina announced her plan to procure the Chinese submarines in 2013 when Bangladesh signed a billion-dollar deal with Russia to buy fighter training jets, helicopters and anti-tank missiles.

http://www.ndtv.com/world-news/bang...to-buy-2-chinese-submarines-1724293?site=full

Bangladesh analysts said procurement of the two submarines at a cost of US $203 million reflected the country's growing economic and defence ties with Beijing
BD is planning to procure another set of three SONG class submarines in a few years. Indian politicians will probably go for hunger strike if it happens so.

BD is planning to procure another set of three SONG class submarines in a few years. Indian politicians will probably go for hunger strike if it happens so.
I think our next set of subs will be from Russia.

You buy 100 subs from China, nobody gives a flying fu(k. India has no border issues with BD.

Indians are very afraid after the Mumbai maid rebellion.
Yeah man. Those porsche housing society people can't deal with few BDs. They had to ban em all from entering.
Anyway, that was eyeopener for all.

Indians are very afraid after the Mumbai maid rebellion.
@Nilgiri

That would be Delhi, I think. Mumbai has more of cabbies from BD. As long as they work honestly, I think we should have open borders with Nepal, Bhutan, SL and BD. With 5 year work permits allowed and exceptions with access to certain areas which are sensitive.

That would be Delhi, I think. Mumbai has more of cabbies from BD. As long as they work honestly, I think we should have open borders with Nepal, Bhutan, SL and BD. With 5 year work permits allowed and exceptions with access to certain areas which are sensitive.

Please spare BD from your open border policy. BD is already burdened with millions of Indian nationals who yearly remit $4.5 billion to their motherland making BD poorer.

As you can see by reading posting below yours, there is no point accommodating fake statistics spouting ingrates.

BSF at the border has the right policy. The thing that makes it twice as good is these ingrates here have to live with dhobi lady giving no response to it and taking it like a champ.

Depopulation of BD long term should be long term goal for India, region and the world....even mother nature feels that way. This is the fate of all ingrates.

Please spare BD from your open border policy. BD is already burdened with millions of Indian nationals who yearly remit $4.5 billion to their motherland making BD poorer.

And what exactly is the official figure, may I ask of Bangladeshis remitting money from India?

There are 3 million documented Bangladeshis in India. The WB in a report in 2002 or so said there were between 5 MN to 20 MN Bangladeshis in India.

Now for the outflow of remittances from India. BD accounts for on any given year approx 50 to 55% of outward remittances from India. This is the official figure at approx 4.3 BN USD. Let's not even talk about the hundi system in BD for remittances.

So next time you decide to spew nonsense, back it up with facts.

When you go off the BBS kool-aid, this is what exists in reality:

http://www.worldbank.org/en/research/brief/economic-monitoring

http://www.worldbank.org/en/topic/m...asporaissues/brief/migration-remittances-data

If you look at the Bilateral remittance matrix Estimates for 2014.

The Remittance from India to Bangladesh is put at 4.2 billion USD.

The reverse is 114 million dollars.

When you look at the Bilateral migration matrix stock estimates for 2013:

There is an estimated 3.2 million Bangladeshi immigrants in India.

Reverse is about 34,000.

http://www.un.org/en/ga/68/meetings/migration/pdf/International Migration 2013_Migrants by origin and destination.pdf

r79Iz9w.jpg

And what exactly is the official figure, may I ask of Bangladeshis remitting money from India?

There are 3 million documented Bangladeshis in India. The WB in a report in 2002 or so said there were between 5 MN to 20 MN Bangladeshis in India.

Now for the outflow of remittances from India. BD accounts for on any given year approx 50 to 55% of outward remittances from India. This is the official figure at approx 4.3 BN USD. Let's not even talk about the hundi system in BD for remittances.

So next time you decide to spew nonsense, back it up with facts.
Pls back it with some evidence.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom