What's new

Why People Targeting Army And Not SC

I suggest turn entire Pakistan into DHA country, then if someone try to harm it, or change its elected administration then our Army will fight for it :)

"Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely"

Perhaps the thing is, that once you hold on to power for long, it messes with your senses and gets to your head. It gives you and ego boost, a sense of invincibility, and eventually leads you to making bad decisions.

You come in new, you are hopeful, enthusiastic, you bring in a plan, you bring new ideas, a breath of fresh air. But then you get an extension, and that is where the trouble starts. Power hsa corrupted your mind.

Bajwa was never that popular early on in his term either, but at least people were ok with him. Then the trouble started as a whole after the extension. Could say the same about Kayani, but Kayani at least had something to show in the way of reforms and C4I etc.

Had RS gone for an extension, his fate would have been the same.

Same with Musharraf, shuru main he actually did great things for the country. But then later on, to put it in blunt words, chawwlain marna shuru ho gaya tha.

There is a reason there is a tenure, 3 or 4 years or however much. To keep your mind from being corrupted.
Agreed, power corrupts.

I am against the process of Army as well as ISI getting intertwined with affairs of Civilian Government or democracy. Now what happens is that Army gets the blame if it over throws the Government and Army still gets the blame if it sits and does nothing. The COAS takes the hit either way.

RS had personality traits that the general public liked him. The man had a demeanor that perfected his persona. Bajwa and the incoming COASs might not have that. Pakistanis have to live with it. Musharraf had a persona and demeanor of a different yet effective sort but he eventually had a downfall clinging onto power for long and making messy decisions as time progressed.

The officers who work with and work under Bajwa praise him, not like that he is a hero but that he is managing the Army quite well. They are also aware of the circumstances in the region and what is faced by Army today so probably think he is doing okay. ISI is not the only intel agency in the country that it controls everything what happens inside Pakistan. There are other intel agencies which report to Civilian Government and those are not under Military. Then there is NAB which can and is practically used for own purposes also by Government.

My point still is that, people of Pakistan accepted Ayub Khan, Zia and Musharraf as leaders of Pakistan. Nation has hopes from Military as the Civilian Government fails Pakistanis. Bajwa has not deployed troops in the city through martial law yet its a mentality of Pakistanis that Bajwa holds powers and he is doing nothing. what should he do more than the capacity of a COAS ? Why should a COAS do any more ? If a COAS is supposed to save IK or Government then he not a COAS. The people of Pakistan expect a lot from the COAS and that should not be the case.

I suggest turn entire Pakistan into DHA country, then if someone try to harm it, or change its elected administration then our Army will fight for it :)
The trends of property in Pakistan are set by DHA.

There, I have given you an open field, now play.

what should he do more than the capacity of a COAS ? Why should a COAS do any more ? If a COAS is supposed to save IK or Government then he not a COAS. The people of Pakistan expect a lot from the COAS and that should not be the case.

Not meet Shahbaz Sharif? Not meet Zubair Umar chupi chupaye?

Politicians don't really shine in the situation themselves (consider the statements of the BAP leader), or Shahid Khaqan, or Maryam, but all parties have their fingers in the pie here.

I agree with you with the part that the failure of civilian government and their own shortcomings invite the army into the situation, but we also need to understand that it is precisely this intervention that then kicks off a vicious cycle.

If PA is lead, for another one or two terms, by a General like Bajwa; then deem it done and dusted, as far as India is concerned.

If PA is lead, for another one or two terms, by a General like Bajwa; then deem it done and dusted, as far as India is concerned.
Bajwa is submissive, if you appoint a coward leader then Army lose its will to fight, Kashmir is gone and under him I worry for AJK, and KPK and Baluchistan.

For simple reason that judges can be physically intimidated and threatened. Army cannot.

In an earlier post, I had linked two articles on murder of judges who were presiding Zardari's trial in the 90s. Other judges got the picture. Sharif baradaraan are more subtle. They use bribery and blackmail. We have seen this with our very eyes. Army lets them get away with it in return for quid pro quo. But Sharifs, being the duffers that they are, cross the line and army steps in. They will do it again.

Were the judges threatened this time? Possibly. In an ideal society in a case as sensitive as this, politicians should not have been allowed to enter the court and judges would not be contactable until case gets decided. But no such thing took place. Moreover to ensure insaaf, it is the job of government to provide security to judges. However I certainly would not trust any guarantee provided by police since in this case, even foreign agencies are involved. it is possible that naubath did not get to this point with polite persuasion along with some bribery.

Judges dont get to where they are because of merit. Their willingness to play ball is the main criteria for progression on totem pole. While hearing the case, CJ even complimented Bilalwal's smile.

In a nut shell what we have in Pakistan is a reverse of Islamic justice system. In islamic sharia, benefit of doubt goes to the weaker party with burden of proof on the strong. As we see with our very own eyes on a daily basis, we have the poor at the mercy of the rich and powerful. In such a society, army is the only hope hence the despondency when army does not come up to expectations.

Thread cleaned up, members are urged to maintain the decorum of the forum, if they intend to continue the discussion.

Courtophobia, is the most common disease among politicians. It mostly occurs on the way to court, however, this disease will only occur if the politician is sure about his defeat in the case.
1649941387388.png

Back
Top Bottom