Why Pakistan should not sign the Civil Nuclear deal with USA

SipahSalar

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I think most of us have read the article in Washington Post:
The U.S. cannot afford to forget Afghanistan and Pakistan - The Washington Post

I'll post the relevant info again:
"The nuclear dialogue is especially important because it would begin to address what U.S. officials for two decades have viewed as one of the world’s most dangerous security problems. A source familiar with the talks said Pakistan has been asked to consider what are described as “brackets.” Pakistan would agree to restrict its nuclear program to weapons and delivery systems that are appropriate to its actual defense needs against India’s nuclear threat. Pakistan might agree not to deploy missiles capable of reaching beyond a certain range, for example."

The first thing we need to understand is, the Pakistani govt and military will never tell us what restrictions it agreed to. They will outright reject any such idea just like they continue to lie and refuse that drone strikes are taking place with their coordination and permission.

Now let's discuss what limitations can be placed on our Nuclear Weapons:

1. As the article already mentions, we might agree to limit the range of our missile systems.
2. We might be agreed to forget the idea of a nuclear triad, thus sea-based nuclear weapons.
3. They might ask us not to develop MIRV Missiles.
4. They might ask us to not produce weapons beyond a certain limit.
5. They might ask us not to research and produce a thermonuclear weapon.
6. We might have to dismantle tactical nuclear weapons.

Firstly, I have an issue with each and every possible restriction. Why should we limit our nuclear program when India has not placed any such restrictions on their nuclear program?

Secondly, people need to understand, this civil nuclear deal will not strengthen our nuclear forces in any way whatsoever! The only thing NSG does is sell nuclear material at an expensive rate. I understand that our uranium reserves are running out, but there are better alternatives. We already have 4 plutonium reactors, they produce 4-5 kg of good old desi plutonium per year.

Trading civil nuclear capability for our nuclear weapons sounds like a really awful deal.

Thirdly, we don't need every thing that India has. We have our own priorities, and we will by the grace of Almighty follow our own path.

Looks like NESCOM has perfected an ICBM. There is no other reason that the US would suddenly care about missile ranges........... we need missiles with ranges upto 3500 KM for India (to ensure hitting all of India with basing in the West of the country), which also conincidentally allows us to hit major Russian cities, the only other realitsic strategic target for us, and I the US is going to be far from unhappy with the later capability.

The rest, we already have the infrastructure to build Thermonuclear Weapons, extremely expensive ones, so that horse has long since bolted, and as far as "Tactical" nukes are concerned, well its always been our policy that the use of nuclear weapons is an inherently strategic action.

There is no other reason that the US would suddenly care about missile ranges
I think our Shaheen 3 missile test has upset a certain middle eastern country, that's why US seems to be upset.
we need missiles with ranges upto 3500 KM for India (to ensure hitting all of India with basing in the West of the country),
I completely agree with you on that point. 2750km range is not enough for India if we hide most of our missiles in mountainous regions of KPK and Balochistan.

Any such restrictions are absolutely not acceptable to the nation of pakistan...

And nuclear deal for what...uranium that we dont need or technology that we wont buy as its too expensive??

Our government does not have enough mandate to enter any such agreement...

I think most of us have read the article in Washington Post:
The U.S. cannot afford to forget Afghanistan and Pakistan - The Washington Post

I'll post the relevant info again:
"The nuclear dialogue is especially important because it would begin to address what U.S. officials for two decades have viewed as one of the world’s most dangerous security problems. A source familiar with the talks said Pakistan has been asked to consider what are described as “brackets.” Pakistan would agree to restrict its nuclear program to weapons and delivery systems that are appropriate to its actual defense needs against India’s nuclear threat. Pakistan might agree not to deploy missiles capable of reaching beyond a certain range, for example."

The first thing we need to understand is, the Pakistani govt and military will never tell us what restrictions it agreed to. They will outright reject any such idea just like they continue to lie and refuse that drone strikes are taking place with their coordination and permission.

1. As the article already mentions, we might agree to limit the range of our missile systems.
2. We might be agreed to forget the idea of a nuclear triad, thus sea-based nuclear weapons.

Firstly, I have an issue with each and every possible restriction. Why should we limit our nuclear program when India has not placed any such restrictions on their nuclear program?

Secondly, people need to understand, this civil nuclear deal will not strengthen our nuclear forces in any way whatsoever! The only thing NSG does is sell nuclear material at an expensive rate. I understand that our uranium reserves are running out, but there are better alternatives. We already have 4 plutonium reactors, they produce 4-5 kg of good old desi plutonium per year.

Trading civil nuclear capability for our nuclear weapons sounds like a really awful deal.

Thirdly, we don't need every thing that India has. We have our own priorities, and we will by the grace of Almighty follow our own path.
Well said . Totally agree with you. We should think of ourselves and not the world.

As you provide security to your nukes you dont need to give an explanation to anyone. Minimium deterrance without signing anything should be the approach. israel has you in range as well and its subs were nearby in 98 nuke tests.you will have millions of sanctions just like Iran and without natural resources if you sign anything. Your second strike capability of subs would be negatively effected as well. Instead adopt an open policy of recording nuclear arsenal with China to further show your arsenal is secure and dont sign anything

It would be betrayal towards Pakistan if a deal is signed with conditions or limitations. No need to do deal if conditions are imposed.

China have gifted Pakistan an art Pakistan should master, either its tank, ship, submarine, fighterplanes, satellites, space technology or other techniques. Its more acceptable to me that we go slowe forward than being imposed sanctions or limitations, that is a grave blunder.

Pakistan should loook towards China, Russia and other countries....

Secondly, people need to understand, this civil nuclear deal will not strengthen our nuclear forces in any way whatsoever!

This is just a normal part of the give-and-take that governs such deal-making. Both sides have to give up some things to gain other things.

Looks like NESCOM has perfected an ICBM. There is no other reason that the US would suddenly care about missile ranges........... we need missiles with ranges upto 3500 KM for India (to ensure hitting all of India with basing in the West of the country), which also conincidentally allows us to hit major Russian cities, the only other realitsic strategic target for us, and I the US is going to be far from unhappy with the later capability.

The rest, we already have the infrastructure to build Thermonuclear Weapons, extremely expensive ones, so that horse has long since bolted, and as far as "Tactical" nukes are concerned, well its always been our policy that the use of nuclear weapons is an inherently strategic action.

Its actually opposite, When US want you to have some thing, they send message to your PM and opposition leader and it happenz. If it doesn't happenz according to the satisfaction of US than PM becomes opposition and opposition becomes PM.
Pakistani missile tech. is no more holy than nuclear, which was presented to general Musharraf by Bush.
There are so many snakes in Pakistan, at every rank that we have no secret.
I assume you are a 13-14 years old !!!

C'mon, stop this empty mental masturbation of yours.

Pakistan neither has any ICBMs nor any Thermonuclear weapons.

Pakistan isn't Russia, U.S, UK, or France etc.

F U C K the leaders, if they even think to do that doesn't matter Civil or Army. Mushi already brings us to in the worst position we have ever been,be part of the American game and FU CKING get your children slaughtered.

C'mon, stop this empty mental masturbation of yours.

Pakistan neither has any ICBMs nor any Thermonuclear weapons.

Pakistan isn't Russia, U.S, UK, or France etc.
Do you understand how many countries have Nuclear Bomb in this world ???
When you understand that you will know there is Possibility.

the indians are already in their lap......on civil/military nuclear deals we should work strictly with PRC. USA has too much leverage over us otherwise which is bad.

Pakistan MUST NOT sign any deal that limits us in any way to explore, research, experiment, develop, make, test or deploy any type of weapon with any range at any country.

We MUST NOT agree to allow anyone to ever visit, inspect any of our research/civil/military/or nuclear facility.

Today's friend can be tomorrows enemies. and USA has never been reliable partner, they have imposed sanctions in the past and they can do that again in the future.

True friends never seek to humiliate you by putting conditions in deals. China has helped us a lot in nuclear tech and we should stick with that.

There is absolutely NO NEED to change our position of strength to position of weakness. We are a sovereign nation and no one has any right to tell us what to do and what not to do to secure our interest, safety and security.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom