What's new

Why not the Swedish JAS 39 Gripen?

They may not be keen as per you, but then again there is a difference in JF-17 and FC-1. And even if we consider the FC-1, they get a better MR platform than anything else they have aside from J-10 and J-11.

Let me also repeat this oft-stated point here, the PLAAF are still flying vast numbers of older J-7 variants. The PLAAF like any other air force in the world has a plan around the numbers it needs to maintain its capability. J-10/J-11 replacement cannot be a 1:1 deal in place of the older hardware in use in the PLAAF due to obvious costs. Also you may be aware that PLAAF is no longer increasing the numbers of J-11...so what the PLAAF have is essentially J-10 and then FC-1 to make up for the gap that the de-induction of the J-7 and possibly even J-8s would have on their force. In order to get around this issue, they will have to induct a sizable fleet of FC-1.
They are no longer buying Su-30MKK's apart from those already contracted for by Russia, and that will still take more 5-10 years to deliver from Russia. Just like India is no buying any more Su-30's, but those already contracted for will be delivered till around 2015.

China IS however very keen on J-11B, their indigenous flanker, which they are producing themselves. So not just the imported Su-30's, they are manufacturing their own flankers. Add to that the J-10 and its variants. J-10 is not a heavy plane, its an M-MRCA. 150 FC-1's WILL be bought, they will be forced on PLAAF, for keeping PAF happy. Not one more.

The PLAAF plans to make its fleet around these planes, not on the FC-1(I take it that its the JF-17). Blain, like it or not, JF-17's are for PAF, PLAAF does not like them and i dont intend to say its because of its capabilities.

I dont know where you get your points from.

Chinese air force is buying JF-17 to gain an ally in Pakistan. :lol:

JF-17 will be forced to the PLAAF, and it wont get one more. :lol:

PLAAF does not like them, but will acquire 150 of them. :lol:

Dude, since your asking for it. Let me remind you that not even ONE operational LCA plane will be inducted into IAF.

Also let me assure you. There will be no discussion of this bullshit from this point on. ;)

Thank you.

Webby, I donot mean to sound like i am opposing the thought but Chinese have put lots of Effort on J-10 and J-11 and not that much in JF-17 specifically because they intend to keep J-7 and J-8 until they induct Su-27 in large numbers and make J-10 and J-11 to replace the roles which Su-27 has in PLAAF right now.

JF-17 is going to evolve to become a 4.5 Gen fighter but until then it is a replacement of Mig's and Mirages in PAF and will serve as a light weight multirole fighter.

Webby, I donot mean to sound like i am opposing the thought but Chinese have put lots of Effort on J-10 and J-11 and not that much in JF-17 specifically

What do you mean? JF-17 has been given the effort it needed, and will continue to do so. Both by the PLAAF and the PAF.

because they intend to keep J-7 and J-8 until they induct Su-27 in large numbers and make J-10 and J-11 to replace the roles which Su-27 has in PLAAF right now.

You do realize that J-11 is a licensed copy of the Russian Su-27 correct?

JF-17 is going to evolve to become a 4.5 Gen fighter but until then it is a replacement of Mig's and Mirages in PAF and will serve as a light weight multirole fighter.

That is indeed a true statement. However, i do know some trolls who take such statements to malign certain air forces and their induction capability. Obviously as the technologies are changing, aircraft's capabilities are increasing. Replacing doesn't necessarily means an alternative with the equivalent capability, rather a transformation to a high tech aviation capability such as F-16 to F-35/F-22. Sabres to F-7PG/F-16.

Correct!

But i am also of the opinion that China will not induct JF-17 and will continue with Point Defence Fighters like J-7 and eventually replace them with J10 and J11s. Pakistan has the option of J10 as per PAF requirement since JF-17 in Bomber Role requires Evolution in due course of Time. F-16 Block 52+ and J10 will be Strike Aircrafts in PAF.

Hi,

Whatever the case maybe, china still has to replace all of its J 7's first and then the older J 8's and this replacement is not taking into account its acquisition of J 10's and J11's alongwith upgrading the SU 27-30's which are an addition.

That replacement is upwards of 500 to a 1000 aircraft. Even though china may have 50 plus J 10 in active service, till now there is no confirmation but they will get the FC 1, they will get some and the news will trickle down. Now for an intelligence agency, that time will be too late to find out.

When a new aircraft comes out, air forces who are interested in that type of platform and are ready to buy them, donot wait for it to be made into a proven platform---once it is flying, there is nothing much to prove beyond the minimal performance criteria---anything beyond that is gravy. After that it is all about availability, cost of operations and after sales service.

FC 1 is going to be the MIG 21 of the 21st century in numbers unless pakistan wants to keep it exclusive. There is nothing else close to its price range in the market.

AOA MK , They have 62 J-10 right now.

The PLAAF plans to make its fleet around these planes, not on the FC-1(I take it that its the JF-17). Blain, like it or not, JF-17's are for PAF, PLAAF does not like them and i dont intend to say its because of its capabilities.

Lets wait and see who is right ;)

Back
Top Bottom