What's new

Why live in India

no I am not jealous at all what would make you think such a preposterous thing? If you want more British colonists living in 5 star gated hotels with Indian servants and chauffeurs just like in the British Raj days, be my guest :lol:

Last time i visited china, i too stayed in Hong Kong 5 star hotel and still I had Chinese servants and chauffeurs. So what should i think about china? you tell me.

While some highly qualified foreigners may get good jobs in India and have a very good life, most westerners would have a hard time dealing with traffic, pollution, inadequate infrastructure, bureaucracy etc. Also real estate prices in places like Mumbai are not cheap; for the cost of a decent apartment in Mumbai, you could get a palace in a place like Austin, Texas or Portland, Oregon.

A person of Indian origin with good technical qualifications will probably have a better lifestyle in India than in America. That is why many Indians are coming back to India. But for westerners it may or may not make sense to live in India.

Agreed. You really need to be an Indian to live in and understand India. Most folks don't even bother to even "try" to make nice to a foreigner......exactly as it should be.

While some highly qualified foreigners may get good jobs in India and have a very good life, most westerners would have a hard time dealing with traffic, pollution, inadequate infrastructure, bureaucracy etc. Also real estate prices in places like Mumbai are not cheap; for the cost of a decent apartment in Mumbai, you could get a palace in a place like Austin, Texas or Portland, Oregon.

A person of Indian origin with good technical qualifications will probably have a better lifestyle in India than in America. That is why many Indians are coming back to India. But for westerners it may or may not make sense to live in India.

Well, I also agree with you to the some extent. India need to improve infrastructures in the cities. Last year a senior guy from my Company came to India for the first time, he like everything in the Bangalore only thing which annoyed him was traffic. He once asked me if there is any Metro Train Station nearby, so that he could reach his hotel in quickly.

Back
Top Bottom