What's new

Why Izumo-class and F-35B is a great couple ?

@SvenSvensonov : the first post come with a comparison photo between current USS Wasp class and Izumo class.
Who could be wrong to put F-35B on old era 1940s aircraft carrier? and sunk !!!

@SvenSvensonov : the first post come with a comparison photo between current USS Wasp class and Izumo class.
Who could be wrong to put F-35B on old era 1940s aircraft carrier? and sunk !!!

That mistake is nothing compared with yours.

Still you don't have point when you claim that Izumo and F-35B is a great couple.

Nothing great when F-35B launched is the empty one / without adequate weapon.

Who said F-35C could not take off from USS Wasp?

Wasp facilicities including: 4 × hydraulic catapults (2 flight deck, 2 hangar deck)
USS Wasp (CV-7) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As I said : Wasp is true aircraft carrier, just like CDG.

How a sunk aircraft carrier in 1942 could launch a 2015 F-35C ?
By your logic, Japan has bundles of aircraft carriers with catapults during WW2.

I guess by your logic, American does meaningless thing to put F-35B onto their USS Wasp LHD

How a sunk aircraft carrier in 1942 could launch a 2015 F-35C ?
By your logic, Japan has bundles of aircraft carriers with catapults during WW2.

Your debate always has no point.

I guess by your logic, American does meaningless thing to put F-35B onto their USS Wasp LHD

America has plan to modify USS Wasp so that it can carry several F-35B effectively.
In fact the current Wasp that America do test with F-35B launch has been modified too.

Izumo probably can carry F-35B too, but after lots of modification as I've told you before.

Your statements :
1. Izumo smaller than Hyuga. Actually Izumo double displacement over Hyuga
2. Elevator of Hyuga too small, too weak to handle F-35B so Izumo can't. Actually both could handle F-35B, Izumo has even more powerful and convenient way to handle.
3. USS Wasp must add catapult to launch F-35B effectively.
Without catapult, it can launch empty F-35B only.
4. Izumo could launch F-35A/B/C

Your statements :
1. Izumo smaller than Hyuga. Actually Izumo double displacement over Hyuga
2. Elevator of Hyuga too small, too weak to handle F-35B so Izumo can't. Actually both could handle F-35B, Izumo has even more powerful and convenient way to handle.
3. USS Wasp must add catapult to launch F-35B effectively.
Without catapult, it can launch empty F-35B only.
4. Izumo could launch F-35A/B/C

No. 1, when did I claim that?
No.2. You need to prove it dude.
No. 3. when did I claim that? it seems it is due to your inability to comprehend. LOL :lol:
No. 4. I believe so, if it is empty load considering F-35 has very high TWR.

but after lots of modification as I've told you before.

You stated at the thread that you refered as above.
catapult as your stated above.

Anyway, I leave some room for others to discuss with more logical argument

jap will get f35a more early than f35b
DDH is too small to take many f35b
China and jap are too close, f35a's range is enough
So, obviously, DDH with f35b is a amphibious assault ship's type without amphibious capability,not an aircraft carrier.

DDH would bring F-35B, Japanese love that idea. Alternative is buying USS Wasp LHD.
Both solution in their plan already.

You stated at the thread that you refered as above.
catapult as your stated above.

LOL.

Since when I said Wasp has/will be modified with catapult?

You have severe comprehension problem dude, no wonder you always fail in addressing other people argument.

:lol: :laugh:

About WASP LHD modification to carry F-35B, you can read here:
F-35B Lightning II: From the Deckplate of USS Wasp

Anyway, I leave some room for others to discuss with more logical argument

You fail to address my question about how much carriage that F-35B can bring when launched from Izumo. Not to mention your failure in comprehending my explanation.

Then how come you expect more logical argument? :omghaha:

The problem here is your own logic.

LOL.

Since when I said Wasp has/will be modified with catapult?

You have severe comprehension problem dude, no wonder you always fail in addressing other people argument.

:lol: :laugh:

About WASP LHD modification to carry F-35B, you can read here:
F-35B Lightning II: From the Deckplate of USS Wasp

Is it the Wasp with catapults as you said before ?

BoQ77 logic is only about similarity in Length.
In fact invincible class has shorter length compared to izumo, but invincible has ski jump deck.

As an effective a/c carrier, the ship need either ski jump or catapult. Otherwise some large LHD probably can only launched empty a/c fighter.

@SvenSvensonov

according to experts,Izumo can't launch F-35B as it can't handle the heat of the F-35B's exhaust,as WASP class needed some serious modifications to handle it.could you please clarify the point???

@SvenSvensonov

according to experts,Izumo can't launch F-35B as it can't handle the heat of the F-35B's exhaust,as WASP class needed some serious modifications to handle it.could you please clarify the point???

It's been a problem, even on the US's most modern Amphibs - the America Class. Like the Americas and Wasps, the Izumo Class is undergoing changes (to the existing ship, the one in construction is having the changes built in) to its flight deck to resist high heats from both F-35s and the V-22s, both of which Japan is purchasing and both of which produce a lot of heat.

The issue is being fixed, the problems been known about for some time and the best thing about a problem you know is that you can fix it.

Japan will be able to operate F-35s without issue. The changes will be completed prior to Japan receiving its birds

Last edited:
@SvenSvensonov

Wasp class lasts decades, while Izumo-class is in running development.
So Wasp need some modifications, while Izumo created with F-35B in mind.
It's much easier.

In fact invincible class has shorter length compared to izumo, but invincible has ski jump deck.

As an effective a/c carrier, the ship need either ski jump or catapult. Otherwise some large LHD probably can only launched empty a/c fighter.

If I tell you that 550 feet of flight deck is enough for F-35B with max payload, you would never believe. But it is. And only 450 feet with ski jump.

Btw, do you know what's max payload of F-35B ?

And because it's F-35B designed as STOVL variant, so it could. I never say F-35A or 35C could do the same.

Last edited:
You fail to address my question about how much carriage that F-35B can bring when launched from Izumo. .

The question should be "could F-35B ( with max payload ) take off at short distance 550 feet on flat top?"
The answer "Lockheed Martin must fulfill that need" as designed. And the take off distance for ski jump is 450 feet.

@SvenSvensonov

Is it the Wasp with catapults as you said before ?

Yes. But when I said about modification of Wasp in post #19, I am not referring to WW2 wasp. And I never said the modification of Wasp was on the catapult side.

Better you ask for clarification than keep playing with your assumption.

If I tell you that 550 feet of flight deck is enough for F-35B with max payload, you would never believe. But it is. And only 450 feet with ski jump.

I never said that, it is your own assumption.

I've told you that Sea Harrier can take off with weapon from invincible carrier which is much shorter than Izumo.
But invincible was designed as a/c carrier from the beginning, they have ski jump deck.

Btw, do you know what's max payload of F-35B ?

And because it's F-35B designed as STOVL variant, so it could. I never say F-35A or 35C could do the same.

What's the point of your question?

F-35B designed as STOVL indeed, but how short at what payload? Could you show us F-35B taking off from Izumo with full load? If you could then I will shut up.

The question should be "could F-35B ( with max payload ) take off at short distance 550 feet on flat top?"
The answer "Lockheed Martin must fulfill that need" as designed. And the take off distance for ski jump is 450 feet.

@SvenSvensonov

Which aircraft are u referring - regarding F-35B designed to take off with full load?

If Nimitz, of course.
If modified Wasp LHD, maybe?
If Izumo ..... ? probably not - unless you modify Izumo first.

You need bring evidence for your claim instead of basing it on mere assumption. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom