What's new

Why ISRO’s Mars mission,launching next week, is the cheapest

Yes i read about it in the link that i had posted in comment.And also the same was discussed in the movie 3 idiots towards the end.
So i pretty much knew that a broken pencil lead could damage the machines and hurt the astronauts.
It could be a myth (because Russians wanted to damage the reputation of their counterparts) and it could be true because i can see US trying its best to protect itself by saying they were not wasting the money of taxpayers to create a space pen...lol.
But as a passerby i luv the joke.
Yes later only saw ur link .. sry :D :D

I hope ISRO lays more claims to fame once Mangalyaan reaches Mars.

Yes i was also thinking on the same lines.

But then theres a famous joke which says NASA scientists realized that pens could not function in space. They needed to figure out another way for the astronauts to write things down. So they spent years and millions of taxpayer dollars to develop a pen that could put ink to paper without gravity. But their crafty Soviet counterparts, so the story goes, simply handed their cosmonauts pencils

but thats wrong for soviets to do that.Pencil isn't a practical solution for space.thats why nobody use pencils in space anymore..everybody use astronaut pen.

Back
Top Bottom