What's new

why is Russian economy so small when it is the biggest country in the world

RAMPAGE

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
why is russia eighth largest economy in the world by nominal value and the sixth largest by purchasing power parity when it is the largest country in the world ? help me out guys

For one, population is 9th largest in world, doesn't match the size of country.
Second, and more importantly, they are recovering from the Soviet break down.

Over-whelming majority of Russia is useless frozen land where humans can't even live.

Only good for probably some resources? Don't know!

But Russians have lost alot of good brains after the fall of U.S.S.R!

In my university, some of the brightest minds were from Russia. They had left the country due to the conditions there. This is what brain drain does to countries...

Imagine if Eistein had never went to U.S.A and had stayed in Hitler's Germany? History could've been totally different.

why is russia eighth largest economy in the world by nominal value and the sixth largest by purchasing power parity when it is the largest country in the world ? help me out guys

For the same reason that Antarctica has a very low GDP, despite being geographically huge.

with the dissolution of ussr their ecomony was f**d up for several years with putin their economy started reviving now they have a 2.6 t$ economy &
they have a population of 146m

Simple.

Russia is like a very large man with disproportionately small "finger" :lol:

Seriously, Russian economic system is so corrupt that even Afghanistanis can beat them in fairness and justice.

peace

same reason why pakistan has more population than russia but smaller economy.

because it lacks people even if it would have western living standard its economy would be as large as japan. But for 142 Million people russian economy isnt small its as big as germany or as big the east asian tigers who have both 80-85 Million People.

Last edited by a moderator:
Russian economy is small?

How so? 6th largest and growing. How the fu is that small?

wtf does the size of a country have to do with anything?

And fauj, for the love of god, stop talking nonsense. On every matter, you literally talk nonsense 24/7.

Just wait 3-5 years. In 2015 Eurasian Union will start and unite former republic of USSR into a new costruction. It will have huge potential and become 2nd or 3nd large economy.

Just wait 3-5 years. In 2015 Eurasian Union will start and unite former republic of USSR into a new costruction. It will have huge potential and become 2nd or 3nd large economy.

Bit too optimistic there.

You are more realistically looking at 4th behind China, US and India.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom