What's new

Why is great philosopher Kautilya not part of Pakistan’s historical consciousness?

No the link wasnt for india, it was for Lahore.
You were comparing Lahore with South, I agreed there but my point was that it would be more apt to compare with North India because of the divide.
So the good representation of pakistani pashtuns is from KPK and balochistan.
I agree but the post was about Pathans.
The north and south divide in india was more strong in past and with time it is getting more homogeneous.
Sure but in terms of intermarriages we have very long way to go.
Identities and ethnicity are evolving concept and try to frame them in a specific context with regards to past is not much feasible. I am also interested in the topic but more you read about it the more you realize it is irrelevant in modern nation states concepts. The concept might serve ethno nationalist politicians but it doesnt help to make country and world a better place. The beauty of the topic is that you can tell Raj Thakry that he is more linked to bihar and UP and can give shut up call to ethno-nationalists
Whole heartedly agree.

As I said, I don't have to nor I need to.. I am sure Indians are reading him :)

Some Indians, some Pakistanis, some from almost every part of the world. But the vast majority talk about him without knowing the first little thing about him. Curious situation, that. :D

Some Indians, some Pakistanis, some from almost every part of the world. But the vast majority talk about him without knowing the first little thing about him. Curious situation, that. :D

have it ever occurred to you that Vast Majority doesn't give a shit about him as well ? lol

have it ever occurred to you that Vast Majority doesn't give a shit about him as well ? lol

Fortunately for my mental health, I spend very little time thinking about what the Vast Majority thinks or doesn't think, and even less about its defecatory habits. :enjoy:

Fortunately for my mental health, I spend very little time thinking about what the Vast Majority thinks or doesn't think, and even less about its defecatory habits. :enjoy:

And I am in my Prime, for me I see life from a different mirror or prospectus than you, or i dare vast majority of Indian's ..but a Quick question, Why you Indians are always so Obsessed about Pee or Defecatory habit of others ? is this also part of the great Philosophy of Chanakya or Kauta whatever ?

You are mixing two separate kinds of education , lets not forget much of EU's modernization were actually results from sacking of Andulus and Baghdad , where millions of books were either burned or stolen .
I'm not mixing anything.
I'm making a simple statement the no one religion, race or civilization has a monopoly on knowledge. Knowledge must be acquired from wherever and whomever it is available. It takes a certain type of arrogance to suggest that the Muslims of today have nothing to learn from anyone when it only takes one glance around the world to show any neutral observer that we have a lot to learn in all aspects of personal and civic life.
It wasn't for nothing that our own Prophet urged us to seek knowledge even if we have to go to China.

Where did that Altaf Hussein thread go?

ell o ell

Sarokutto is the real name of the person you call chandragupta.
regardless its reg vedas or your xyz book..you got what i was tryng to say

I didn't; why should 'Sarokutto' be the real name of the person we call Chandragupta? What does it mean, and in which language? And how did you come to this epoch-making discovery?

And I am in my Prime, for me I see life from a different mirror or prospectus than you, or i dare vast majority of Indian's ..but a Quick question, Why you Indians are always so Obsessed about Pee or Defecatory habit of others ? is this also part of the great Philosophy of Chanakya or Kauta whatever ?

Considering that it was your wording I echoed, it is laughable that you talk about others having your own obsession. Do take a look at what you wrote; just to confirm, it has nothing to do with the 'great Philosophy' (it wasn't even Philosophy; watching you flounder around trying to get a grip on the subject without knowing anything about it is a good way to pass a dull forenoon) of Kauta whatever.

Kautilya a.k.a. Chanakya was a damned Bihari. Just because he taught at Taxila doesn't change his region. So no wonder the Pakistanis don't feel connection to him.

Besides we all know he was a plagiarist and enforcer of Manu Smriti. All the ideas he proposed are being currently employed by Indian intelligence agencies. Given the recent debacle in Ladakh, his ancient ideas are doing a really poor job when applied to a modern setting.

Kautilya was definitely of above average intelligence compared to most other people in his surrounding regions. He can certainly be compared to a modern professor Emeritus of Mumbai University. But none of the stuff he wrote is truly ground-breaking. His ideas are not very relevant for the 21st century.

Let's not waste time on this overrated person that has been appropriated by Hindutvadis as one of their own. In the absence of proper role models, they would want at least ONE person who wasn't a jack-hole like Veer Savarkar, or someone illiterate like Narendra Modi. Who else to idolize but Kautilya, a fraudster Brahmin who firmly believed in the caste system and Manu Smriti.

Better to keep distance from such scum. The over-reliance on Kautilya reflects the POVERTY of ideas and role models among Hindutvadi Indians.

Back
Top Bottom