What's new

Why is caste system still alive in India?

YoucanYouup

Reaction score
Country
China
Im not very familiar with Indian history, so it's a puzzle for me
And it's 21th century now, is everyone born inequal a difficult things?

Simple answer: Vote Bank Politics.

Politicians need issues (caste is one of them) to divide people so they can garner more votes to get elected. There are Caste based political parties in India and they would never want to lose their "CORE VOTE BANK" hence despite trying hard to dissolve the caste system we still can't get rid of it.

the modern caste system is very different from ancient cast(varna) system. What comes off as Caste system is actually CLAN system.

the modern caste system is very different from ancient cast(varna) system. What comes off as Caste system is actually CLAN system.
I can't understand their difference
could you explain?

I can't understand their difference
could you explain?
ancient caste system defines 4 types of castes ( Priest , warrior, traders, workers) just like any ancient civilization. however the system was based on occupation nad a person after changing occupation can also change his caste. ( the first emperor of India Chandragupta Muarya was from Worker caste but rose to become emperor),
Now a days there are thousands of castes each claiming to the either one among the four Ancient Castes.
The castes of modern times are actually the modern decedents of age old Clans (based on occupation, ethnicity etc etc).
They are alive because aligning to particular caste/clan gives them a distinct identity and strength in the society. so the modern castes more or less act as social groups.

Except a few states in india, most states and its people do not follow the orthodox caste system nowdays... its story of past... but govt is still labeling people by means of reservation...

Except a few states in india, most states and its people do not follow the orthodox caste system nowdays... its story of past... but govt is still labeling people by means of reservation...

Exactly with economic growth this system will be wiped out in a couple of decades

it still exist because backward want ....they are getting direct benefit out of it......forward cast is paying huge cost ,they don't want.......

it is not limited to society only......it exist because our constitution recognised it.......
in past what ever may be reason .......but today this system is being utilize to identify weak section of society.......and using it for social justice( direct benefit in government job and education as a 50 % reservation) .......our constitution does not recognise economically poor as week........our constitution recognised genetic different among people pretty exist , and dality and backward consider as community having lower mental ability

trust me ,today forward cast does not want this cast system, because they are the one who is suffering very badly

in india if you want to change your religion , it is very easy but changing cast is next to impossible

reservations ... the more backward caste you claim yourself to be the more benefits you get.. I am from a forward caste, but give me a chance I would trade it for any backwards caste certificate ..

From where does the caste system emanate? What is its source? Ask urself that.

Because 90% Indians are low caste. Funny its used every day to slang each other who is the least low caste among them all, to feel better in their miserable life :lol:

Back
Top Bottom