What's new

Why I Hate Diwali

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate Diwali too. It has turned out to be a commercial festival instead of a religious festival where people share in generosity, prayer and truth. It has become like a carnaval where people instead of praying, just spend their time drinking, throwing fire crackers everywhere leading to fire break out, dating in night clubs, drinking, then when they return home they insult, bully and assault people who are not celebrating like them. Thats what this festival has turned out to be, a carnaval for insulting, drinking, assaulting, spreading hate, violence, discrimination, racism and intolerance. All contrary to what Diwali should be. Hope people would reflect on this and return Diwali to a religious festival for prayer, sharing and generosity.

But I hate to admit that I like the ringing in my ears from a 10,000 walla laddi :D

Hahahaha - Our household moved away from the tradition of bursting cracker throughout the day to bursting couple of 10,000 wallas after blocking the road for few mins and getting a wry satisfaction.

And who said bursting crackers in India is confined to Diwali festival alone?

If Diwali should be hated for bursting crackers then these festivals and celebrations should be hated as well.

The crackers are burst for the following as well which normally follow the Diwali

1. Karthikai Deepam(a festival celebrated in TN for Murugan's birth) - occurs sometime in Nov-Dec
2. Christmas
3. New Year
4. Pongal

So hate all these festivals and celebrations if someone hates crackers.

Here is our 10,000 walla for Christmas 2005(when I visited India)

Well, i am also against firecrackers but it doesn't mean i hate diwali. We should avoid loudy and noisy firecracker...
Happy diwali to all Indians. :enjoy:

as far as i getting more and more 'kajus' and meethai to eat i love it. :D i can even tolerate the firecrackers sound to eat meethai...

Well, i am also against firecrackers but it doesn't mean i hate diwal. We should avoid loudy and noisy firecracker...
Happy diwali to all Indians. :enjoy:

as far as i getting more and more 'kajus' and meethai to eat i love it. :D

I love kaju wali barfi :D

I love kaju wali barfi :D

Indian economy is on decline how are you going to buy 800 rupee per kg wali mithai this year, where the hell money will come from? :O :cry: :D

Indian economy is on decline how are you going to buy 800 rupee per kg wali mithai this year, where the hell money will come from? :O :cry: :D

gifts from friends and relatives :D

Lot of party poopers about. I have never seen a proper Diwali Indian style in India but it sounds fun.... Once a year what's the harm

Happy Diwali Ajtr!

10124183-woman-celebrating-diwali-festival-with-sparklers.jpg

Muslim+boy+celebrates+Diwali+lights+phuljhadi.jpg

DE10_PG7_3COLS__DE_1264659f.jpg
Diwali: Rituals riddled with radiance

d1450.jpg

This five day festival is commonly known as the ‘festival of lights.’ All its traditions are vibrant and intensely coloured. While Hindus all over the world celebrate Diwali, it is officially a national holiday in India,Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Mauritius, Guyana, Trinidad & Tobago, Suriname, Malaysia, Singapore and Fiji. The festivities include extravagant decorations with traditional dias or oil lamps, fireworks and making sure the house is clean for the goddess of prosperity, Lakshmi, to feel welcome.—Photos by agencies

d2450.jpg

d3450.jpg

d4450.jpg

d6450.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom