What's new

Why Economists Are Still Baffled by India’s GDP Growth

Come back when your country can develop a basic trainer

quality of trade and transport infrastructure

only fractions difference in infrastructure of pakistan and india means your supa powa is on same ground where we stand :disagree:

your metro bus in Lahore = normal buses in Delhi.
Can you please stop humiliating yourself on every thread?

people here owns their private vehicles more as compared to per person to ur supa powa india thats why we have more highways and roads links to our cities :lol:

only fractions difference in infrastructure of pakistan and india means your supa powa is on same ground where we stand :disagree:

people here owns their private vehicles more as compared to per person to ur supa powa india thats why we have more highways and roads links to our cities :lol:
Transport in Delhi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please educate yourself.
Dont troll too much.

u can take it as pseudo patriotism american guyy

good to see indians also focused on their dirty streets of cities :enjoy:

Making fun of a brutal incident of rape, and pretending that such horrific incidents don't happen in Pakistan on a regular basis, shows you to be an abhorrent person. I have no idea as to why anyone is even engaging with a despicable person like you.

Making fun of a brutal incident of rape, and pretending that such horrific incidents don't happen in Pakistan on a regular basis, shows you to be an abhorrent person. I have no idea as to why anyone is even engaging with a despicable person like you.

such horrific incident never happened in pakistan on public bus dear you amreeki didnt understood what i said before while quoting a slum dog

such horrific incident never happened in pakistan on public bus dear you amreeki didnt understood what i said before while quoting a slum dog

I get it. Hope to never interact with the likes of you ever in real life. Have a lousy day.

Transport in Delhi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please educate yourself.
Dont troll too much.

Lahore Transport Company

Transport in Lahore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

now shut up slumy we do have good transport here in lahore too metro train is in pipe line we have state of the art infrastructure of lahore

http://pakrealestatetimes.com/attachment.php?aid=1236
attachment.php

just an example of road infrastructure of lahore

I get it. Hope to never interact with the likes of you ever in real life. Have a lousy day.

chal nuss

Fractions ?

Infrastructure scores :

Pakistan 2.67

India 2.88

Brazil 2.93 ( for comparison )

Source please

Total Motor Vehicles (per 1,000 people) Data from 2006

India 15
Pakistan 11

Indian Journalists & Writers Share "Eye-Opener" Stories of Pakistan Visits

better read about your own journalists what they find about better than indian cities here ;)

(Upon arrival in Karachi) two uniformed bodyguards with rifles who were exceedingly friendly and welcoming climbed onto the pickup truck bed as we started on a 45-minute drive. I was impressed by the massive, well-maintained parks and gardens surrounding the airport. I was also impressed by the general cleanliness, the orderliness of the traffic, the quality of the roads, and the greenery. Coming from a city government background, I was surprised at how organized Karachi was throughout the ride. I also didn’t see many beggars the entire way. I had just spent significant amounts of time in two major Indian cities, Mumbai and Bangalore, as well as several second-tier cities like Mangalore, and none would compare favorably on maintenance and city planning, especially when it came to potholes and waste management. This was the first surprise; I was expecting that piles of garbage and dirt would line the roads and beggars would overflow onto the streets. Surely there is dirt and poverty in Karachi, but far less than I was expecting. Karachi was also less dense and crowded than India’s cities.

Lahore is more beautiful overall than Karachi or any large Indian city I’ve seen. Serious effort has gone into keeping the city green and preserving its storied history.

Source: Indian Journalists & Writers Share "Eye-Opener" Stories of Pakistan Visits

Source: Indian Journalists & Writers Share "Eye-Opener" Stories of Pakistan Visits

Lahore Transport Company

Transport in Lahore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

now shut up slumy we do have good transport here in lahore too metro train is in pipe line we have state of the art infrastructure of lahore

You have metroline in pipeline,oh well

Upon arrival in Karachi) two uniformed bodyguards with rifles who were exceedingly friendly and welcoming climbed onto the pickup truck bed as we started on a 45-minute drive. I was impressed by the massive, well-maintained parks and gardens surrounding the airport. I was also impressed by the general cleanliness, the orderliness of the traffic, the quality of the roads, and the greenery. Coming from a city government background, I was surprised at how organized Karachi was throughout the ride. I also didn’t see many beggars the entire way. I had just spent significant amounts of time in two major Indian cities, Mumbai and Bangalore, as well as several second-tier cities like Mangalore, and none would compare favorably on maintenance and city planning, especially when it came to potholes and waste management. This was the first surprise; I was expecting that piles of garbage and dirt would line the roads and beggars would overflow onto the streets. Surely there is dirt and poverty in Karachi, but far less than I was expecting. Karachi was also less dense and crowded than India’s cities.

Lahore is more beautiful overall than Karachi or any large Indian city I’ve seen. Serious effort has gone into keeping the city green and preserving its storied history.

I have debunked these arguments already in the threads you posted

Delhi: The city of djinns

I land at the airport of a city in a foreign country. The airport is spotlessly clean, the lines for immigration are reasonably orderly, and the immigration process is smooth. I sail through the customs green channel. Taxis are waiting outside in an orderly manner. The road from the airport is wide and lined with trees. The city is very green. I encounter a traffic jam at one location but otherwise the ride is unhindered – It is a good start.

DE24_P2_4-COL_AIRPO_132984f.jpg

The city I am in is not somewhere in Europe or North America; actually, it is just a two hour flight from Karachi. I am in Delhi

What stands out in the few hours in Delhi is that the city infrastructure works well. The bus system is excellent. There are both air-conditioned and regular public buses that ply the wide roads. The buses are comfortable, frequent and provide proper seating. No one hangs out from the doors or rides on the roof. There is no wild racing for grabbing more passengers as the buses are run by the public sector and thus the enterprise is not for profit. At some of the bus stops, there is an electronic information system that gives the arrival time of the next bus.

article-0-19238CB6000005DC-624_634x391.jpg

While the roads and the bus system are impressive, Delhi’s subway system is up there with the best in the world. Yes, it can be quite crowded during rush hours but it functions smoothly. All subway stations and trains are air-conditioned and clean. The network is extensive, with a typical frequency of the trains at 2 minutes.

27-2.jpeg

The railway system is no less impressive. The Rajdhani Express that I boarded from Delhi, left at the precise time and arrived in Mumbai (an overnight trip) exactly on schedule. The train was comfortable and the staff polite and professional. There was no manic disorder inside the train or on the platform as the passengers boarded the train.

maxresdefault.jpg

The significant presence of women in public spaces is very refreshing:-)lol:) – particularly for a visitor from Pakistan. Both young and old, stylishly or simply dressed, apparently well off, not so well off and downright poor; all are seen brushing shoulders with each other and with men in the streets. There are women driving motor cycles or riding at the back in the normal astride position. Many are dressed in jeans and t-shirts, while others are attired in the traditional shalwar kameez, sometimes without dupattas or chaddars.

There is a life for young couples in the city. They can walk around holding hands or sit in the beautiful historical Hauz Khas complex, on the lake built by Sultan Alaudin Khilji (1296-1316) for water storage. The walls and the door and window openings of the surrounding old buildings looking out on the lake provide perfect seating spaces for the amorous.

While the visual evidence in the more affluent neighborhoods indicates that the women in Delhi are free and safe, the frequent acts of rape point to another reality. The women with lower social and economic standing face this cruelty more often than their well-heeled sisters. But the women there are certainly fighting to keep the turf that they have gained in recent years. The very strong reaction to the recent Delhi rape and the resulting death sentence of the perpetrators is a clear signal that Indian women are determined to achieve their right of safety in public spaces.

The ugly sight of hundreds of armed police and private guards and myriad security road blocks so pervasive in Karachi, is absent in Delhi. While armed personnel are posted at important sites, there is no sense of menace or impending doom. The substantial number of female police officers further softens the effect of the cold barrel of a gun.:D

181145-a-delhi-police-women-commando-at-the-beating-retreat-ceremony-a.jpg

The city of djinns - DAWN.COM

BTW what happened to the 'Pakistanis own more private vehicles argument' ?

attachment.php

just an example of road infrastructure of lahore

DelhiFlyover_EDITED.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom