What's new

Why don't the Americans attack Russia?

Look at it this way...

Why not Russia attack US ?
That's called mutual deterrent, you move i move thing :D.
If USA was the tech leader of world they would have moved against Russia long time ago?
Shows, what....?

Well I'm a US citizen and took an Oath to fight for the US if duty calls
Yet you forgot to change your flags what a disaster! :(

Stupid question OP. Anyway the answer would be because Russians will fry the planet before Americans reach Moscow.
Even if there were no nuclear weapons the cost of this invasion would bleed the Americans dry and the Russian resources won't makeup for it.

It appears that a significant portion of the armchair-general crowd watches far too many movies.

The US doesn't attack Russia for a multitude of reasons. The first and most important is that we have no reason to, nor do we want to.

Ask Kuwait if we liberated them to claim their resources. Ask Iraq if we took any oil. Ask Afghanistan if we are looting their rare earth deposits, estimated at over $1Trillion USD.

We sure seem to pay for Saudi oil, did our troops not get the memo to steal their oil as we helped their defense in 1991?

I would think that with the access to the internet and unlimited information, some of this rhetoric could easily be dismissed were one to do a little bit of research.

Last edited:
Powers as big are Russia and the US are no joke. Throw in the Europe factor and most nations would run and duck for cover at the very thought.

That's called mutual deterrent, you move i move thing :D.
If USA was the tech leader of world they would have moved against Russia long time ago?
Shows, what....?

Where do you live that the only reason you don't start wars is because you aren't advanced enough technologically?

They have a lot of plunderable oil and gas, no pro-US democracy, threaten and attack their neighbours, plenty of confirmed weapons of mass destruction targeting all Western cities and they don't respect American values, freedom and all that stuff.

Are the Americans scared of the Russians?

:pop:
Where do you live that the only reason you don't start wars is because you aren't advanced enough technologically?
LIVE IN OOMPA LOOMPA COUNTRY!
Start!

I was about to post the same thing. Could just as easily say "why don't the Russians attack attack America?" "Are the Russians scared of the Americans?" I would never seriously ask such a question, because anyone who even possesses a modicum of rationality and common sense knows neither country is going to directly attack one another. and they know exactly why.

but than, it's so obviously not about common sense and rationality here. Rather, more like a troll bait attempt..

but unlike america Russia doesnt go around and gives various third world countries like Ukraine guarantees to protect their borders, see Budapest momarendum.

Same reason America did not attack Iran or south Korea and thats because there were 5% chances these countries will fight back.

It appears that a significant portion of the armchair-general crowd watches far too many movies.

The US doesn't attack Russia for a multitude of reasons. The first and most important is that we have no reason to, nor do we want to.

Ask Kuwait if we liberated them to claim their resources. Ask Iraq if we took any oil. Ask Afghanistan if we are looting their rare earth deposits, estimated at over $1Trillion USD.

We sure seem to pay for Saudi oil, did our troops not get the memo to steal their oil as we helped their defense in 1991?

I would think that with the access to the internet and unlimited information, some of this rhetoric could easily be dismissed were one to do a little bit of research.

why you dont got any oil? Because the whole anti war voice was pointing the fingers to it thats why, without these voices in the first place there would have been a great theft. Also hussein wanted to trade his oil in euros

here you can see how pissed your government was that it couldnt steal more

There are no reasons to attack them... besides we destroyed their economy in the cold war. they no longer are USSR and most countries under USSR have turned to be pro US or joined NATO. we have already made them into a regional power and are the sole superpower now. we even destroyed their " communist" state

you may destroyed the entire eastern block economies but russia and china now have the same share of nominal gdp of the world like the whole communist world had in 1970. The eastern bloc countries are not what they used to be. Poland and other countries are dieng out and have worse demographics than russia, ukraine used to be the industrial powerhouse of the ussr now their economy is something a tenth of russia its not a big loss.

but unlike america Russia doesnt go around and gives various third world countries like Ukraine guarantees to protect their borders, see Budapest momarendum.

What does that have to do with the question the OP asked? That's what I responded to. Well technically, I responded to what @gambit posted. The OP asked "why doesn't the US attack Russia?" The answer is exactly the same answer to "why doesn't Russia attack the US" it's really not all that complicated.

Last edited:
Simply coz they didn't had balls to attack Russians!! :coffee:

They have a lot of plunderable oil and gas, no pro-US democracy, threaten and attack their neighbours, plenty of confirmed weapons of mass destruction targeting all Western cities and they don't respect American values, freedom and all that stuff.

Are the Americans scared of the Russians?

:pop:

because the Russians and the Americans are playing a kinda geopolitical show of 'they are the bad guys! not us!' - in both Russia and the USA, as a way to foster "domestic nationalism"[1] in support of the politicians that rule (8 years for the USA, unknown years for Russia (and i'm fine with both those arrangements btw))

[1] domestic nationalism = nationalism within one country, between ethnic groups, large cities in that country, rich-middleclass-poor neighborhoods, etc, etc, etc.

Correct...This forum is anti-US and anti-Americans, if not in mission, then in its members' conduct, especially in obviously masturbatory troll threads about US military weaknesses, rapes, obesity, even local crimes that have no bearing on global events. Why not the US attack Russia ? A dumbass question.

Why bother to come to these forum if you think is anti-US?

Correct...This forum is anti-US and anti-Americans, if not in mission, then in its members' conduct, especially in obviously masturbatory troll threads about US military weaknesses, rapes, obesity, even local crimes that have no bearing on global events. Why not the US attack Russia ? A dumbass question.

Some members are from particular countries, but that's pretty much the case anywhere. As for the troll threads, I agree they are beyond ridiculous but I've seen them for Pakistan, India, China, Russia, the EU and of course the USA.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom