What's new

Why does Vietnam lag so far behind China, despite similar cultures and political systems?

There is all kinds of problems with SOEs, The Vietnamese in Vietnam will never know this because they live in the bubble. However, many over sea Vietnamese know this and hated the VCP for a long time.

The SOE is the backbone of Vietnam. If it is all destroyed, then Vietnam is done.

I roughly estimate the total worth of the SOE in Vietnam; around 1 trillion US dollar.

Your Prime Minister can easily become richer than Bill Gates if he has accomplished his privatization goal.

And it is the most corrupt VCP officials who want to overthrow the communist system, because they are afraid to get purged, so they must destroy the current system and to install a new crook capitalistic system that could protect themselves and their family members.

There is all kinds of problems with SOEs, The Vietnamese in Vietnam will never know this because they live in the bubble. However, many over sea Vietnamese know this and hated the VCP for a long time.

we are local Vietnamese. we know well this matter.

The problem here is that, pls don't create this kind of topic, just good chance for chinese they could jumped in and trolled on us.

The problem is hereis that, pls don't create tis kind of topic, its just good chance for chinese they could jumped in and trolled on us.

I don't want always to troll you guys.

And now I am pointing out the true misery of your country which is your Prime Minister.

But of course, you won't listen, because the good advice is always unpleasant to the ears.

They already had their chance. The Vietnam war ended in 1975 to date, 2015. That's a whopping 40 years!! The stupid incompetent VCP is to blame. They are stupid and ignorant, China should really crush those incompetents. Those running for VCP are leeches.

Well, CPC will indeed desire to help VCP to purge the corruption, because CPC wanna prove that the superiority of their own political system.

The privatization + "democracy" is the intention to fck up your country.

Those unfaithful corrupt VCP officials only want to install the plutocracy in your country, not the real democracy.

Their plutocracy will be 100 times worse than the communist rule.

With all the available resources that control the society, the Vietnamese people will still be forced to vote for these thieves.

They already had their chance. The Vietnam war ended in 1975 to date, 2015. That's a whopping 40 years!! The stupid incompetent VCP is to blame. They are stupid and ignorant, China should really crush those incompetents. Those running for VCP are leeches.
It's obviousely that China won't crush VCP ... we don't have such habit like the U.S to crush a communist party.

Together we shall rule the galaxy. ;)
LOL, so evil of you...

It's obviousely that China won't crush VCP ... we don't have such habit like the U.S to crush a communist party.

US has a long history of being independent and away from the Queen and Princes. I honor that more. I shouldn't have to bow down to anyone and that's the American way.

The problem here is that, pls don't create this kind of topic, just good chance for chinese they could jumped in and trolled on us.

Sorry Rechoice, but you're 1 in a million people in Vietnam to know this. Not every Vietnamese like you and me are lucky to know this. VCP has to go. It has been proven that VCP is useless to the current situation. It has turned its back from Communism and slowly moving towards Democracy. Overseas Vietnamese have a huge influence on American soil and it can impact the US's president's decision. The reality is these news don't get broadcast into Vietnamese paper. A new government in Vietnam must emerge to adapt to a new "doi moi" change. If VCP truly cares for its people, it should have done this 40 years ago. I'm telling you Vietnam is very very behind. For it to pick up quickly, it has to be more open in regards to its business law, protection, and monitor corruption.

If VN overthrow VCP or experience a color change, your country would suffer a trauma or disaster. You maybe get over it in short time but more likely stay in deep shit for a long time.

Right now it's a good time for some country to attract some of the FDIs shifting away from China. If VN can't be the destiny others would love to take it.

The two major steps how to steal a country's state-owned assets.

1. To bankrupt a good SOE with all sort of graft.

2. To propagate how the SOE cannot run properly, so better to privatize it.

This is the worst form of corruption, to consume all the flesh, but don't even leave a bone.

This crook is planned to put all the state-owned assets into his own pocket, yet so many Viet members here still support him?

Just wait and see, if he manages to privatize those major SOEs, then his family's wealth will easily skyrocket into multi-billion.

When he feels it is the time to legalize his wealth, then he will eventually destroy the VCP and bring back the ROV.
3. control their financial institutions. that is the best way

What regional threats?

1. Laos is under Vietnamese protectorate-ship and the country has free range into Laos' territory.

2. Cambodian leadership is under influence of the VCP and the VPA has a powerful influence on the Royal Cambodian Armed Forces. Not to mention that Vietnam can easily "pincer" Cambodia with a Corp Size Force. The Viets have dominated the Khmer region for centuries now, and the fighting ability of the Cambodian military is inferior to that of the Vietnamese as per recent findings.The Vietnamese have inherited the East Asian brutal warfare spirit.

3. Thailand will not engage the Vietnamese directly; Thailand would not last a week in a open war with the Vietnamese. Period.

Its important to understand that when regarding Vietnam, we are referring to a land and people that was considered "Cochin-China" or "Indo-China". This region was the crown center of French imperialism in southeast asia and a source of contention between the British and French in domination. Vietnam was very much considered "Chinese" by foreigners during the age of European Imperialism. Culturally , linguistically, even phenotypically speaking they were considered close to the Chinese. So it is not with merit to assume and suppose that the Vietnamese have the same work ethic as the Chinese, the Koreans or Japanese.

They do. I have seen VIetnamese Americans work in my classroom(s), have seen them in lab works, they are studious and as dedicated as any Chinese, Japanese student i had taught. If i were to base my assumption on Vietnamese capabilty on my students', then I'd say that Vietnam will be an industrialized power within 2-3 decades time.

They are collectivists, practically homogenous, and are success driven, as a whole.

They will rise. It is best not to underestimate our Confucian cousins of the Southeast.

for point number 2. the current rising of escalating border conflict between Cambodia and Viet led the Cambodian to seek Chinese help as their patron, economically and militarily

for point number 3. Never underestimated the Thais, currently they hold more firepower and battle experiences than Vietnam, not to mention the Thailand had more power industrial base and defense in the depths comparing to Vietnam. Not to mention they are one of Major US non-Nato allies and held strategic alliance with Singapore

US has a long history of being independent and away from the Queen and Princes. I honor that more. I shouldn't have to bow down to anyone and that's the American way.
Just tell me ... U.S, Japan and Philippines which is better capitalism ? Nobody give u the promise certain political system can make u rich, Capitalism or Communism ? Democracy or Concentration of power ? ... only depend on ur ppl to find the right way in ur home. Since 1890s Japanese found it, since 1949 Chinese found it, since 1988 Korean found it ...

Just tell me ... U.S, Japan and Philippines which is better capitalism ? Nobody give u the promise certain political system can make u rich, Capitalism or Communism ? Democracy or Concentration of power ? ... only depend on ur ppl to find the right way in ur home. Since 1890s Japanese found it, since 1949 Chinese found it, since 1988 Korean found it ...
I think democracy would work well for Vietnam. Prior to 1976 south Vietnam was democratic

I don't want always to troll you guys.

And now I am pointing out the true misery of your country which is your Prime Minister.

But of course, you won't listen, because the good advice is always unpleasant to the ears.

Well, CPC will indeed desire to help VCP to purge the corruption, because CPC wanna prove that the superiority of their own political system.

The privatization + "democracy" is the intention to fck up your country.

Those unfaithful corrupt VCP officials only want to install the plutocracy in your country, not the real democracy.

Their plutocracy will be 100 times worse than the communist rule.

With all the available resources that control the society, the Vietnamese people will still be forced to vote for these thieves.
come on, you chinese don´t like him because he is a southerner moving Vietnam out of China orbit, reducing chinese influence in the party, army and economy. he is seriously concerned about a possible chinese invasion by replacing two top army commanders responsible for the defence of Hanoi. I actually like him. he is the one, who commits of economic reforms and injects money into modernization of the Armed Forces.

Interesting, during his 9 years as Prime Minister, he never visits Beijng. maybe he is unwanted, or not invited. I think he never sets his foot on China. he is a strongman of pro-West, pro-Japan faction. will be the new cold war with China if he seizes all of the powers in the upcoming election. I think he is fit for the job. he was tough during the war, wounded many times when serving as a young Vietcong messenger.

for point number 2. the current rising of escalating border conflict between Cambodia and Viet led the Cambodian to seek Chinese help as their patron, economically and militarily

for point number 3. Never underestimated the Thais, currently they hold more firepower and battle experiences than Vietnam, not to mention the Thailand had more power industrial base and defense in the depths comparing to Vietnam. Not to mention they are one of Major US non-Nato allies and held strategic alliance with Singapore
you are wrong.
1. Cambodia knows from history Vietnam will be faster in their capital than any chinese intervention.
2. Thailand was defeated by Vietnam in two wars, 1785 and 1831. since then, they never dare to challenge Vietnam military.

come on, you chinese don´t like him because he is a southerner moving Vietnam out of China orbit, reducing chinese influence in the party, army and economy. he is seriously concerned about a possible chinese invasion by replacing two top army commanders responsible for the defence of Hanoi. I actually like him. he is the one, who commits of economic reforms and injects money into modernization of the Armed Forces.

Interesting, during his 9 years as Prime Minister, he never visits Beijng. maybe he is unwanted, or not invited. I think he never sets his foot on China. he is a strongman of pro-West, pro-Japan faction. will be the new cold war with China if he seizes all of the powers in the upcoming election. I think he is fit for the job. he was tough during the war, wounded many times when serving as a young Vietcong messenger.

you are wrong.
1. Cambodia knows from history Vietnam will be faster in their capital than any chinese intervention.
2. Thailand was defeated by Vietnam in two wars, 1785 and 1831. since then, they never dare to challenge Vietnam military.

your point is invalid

we are talking about today conditions not some sorts of case happened two decades ago not to mention two centuries ago

I think democracy would work well for Vietnam. Prior to 1976 south Vietnam was democratic
I agree ... in 1970s compared with the war-torn North Vietnam, South Vietnam was better & richer ... but as i said everything just blew away by later South-North War. That's not the democracy work very well, mostly coz the Peace. If past twenty years North-South Korea still fighting each other like last Korea War, do u think S.Korea can develop manufacture & electronic information industry very well ?

Last edited:

Not true, this man is a liar and a traitor.

1224698645140.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom