What's new

Why do western women feel inferior to men?

Men and Women are different and have different rights and responsibilities ordained by God.

• I am a desi liberal. I believe whatever is in trend set by modern west.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OP is a joke, you should ask Muslim women living in Europe and see if they want to leave for any of your ideal ''Islamic'' country.

I dont think they feel inferior. Most of them want equal opportunity wherever its humanly possible. Women in west as well as east have been traditionally barred from many activities for reasons that are not true anymore.
Anyway, which practices OP think western women should not do(because its a man's job.)

Don't know abt the east but women in Islamic civilization never considered them oppressed or inferior to men. The very concept of superiority and inferiority never arose. They accepted and were content with their due roles in society.Western women on the other hand were always oppressed and treated as animals and hence you see them always trying to be like men. A sense of inferiority has been ingrained in their head by the corporate and political elites and society as a whole.

What western women should and should not do is to be decided by western society. But as a muslim I don't want western gender roles and norms to be pushed down the throat of Muslim countries under the guise of "womens rights" and "women empowerment". As for types of job and work women should be allowed to do - the basic islamic principle is that there should NOT be free mixing and basic protection for women . For starters labor intensive blue collar jobs are NOT for women, women should NOT be in army combat units, NO need for women quota in parliament and other sectors etc etc. There is a vital need for women in many sectors provided islamic guidelines are maintained i.e proper dress, no free mixing. Women are needed as teachers, university professors, law enforcement (to handle women related issues), psychologist, pharmacist, doctors (for women patients) etc etc i.e mostly white collar jobs with a safe environment.

If men and women do not compete for jobs and women are NOT given quotas then there will be less unemployment for young men. A man can support more than one women (polygamy) but a woman can NOT. The post-modern western lead socio-economic model has been a disaster for the muslim world so far. The western liberal secular model is unsustainable as it is against human nature and the social balance Created and Designed by Allah (swt).

Personally I find it ludicrous that you have to give 20% or 50% quotas for women in parliament. What job do they possibly have in legislation? Let these positions be decided on merit and NOT to appease the inferiority complex of western women and Human rights groups.

Western women have more rights today than Muslim women ever had and ever will have I can guarantee you that. Look at the state of Muslim women compared to Western women. You don't see Western women getting acid thrown on their faces or being murdered by obsessive male relatives over some "honor" BS. Finally, Mullahs need to stop spreading their propaganda. Its time we bring the Muslim world into the 21st century.

Define rights. Rights set by west are NOT rights but heinous injustice to society. Only rights set by Allah (swt) can be considered as rights. But yes, muslim women lack the rights given in Islamic sharia in post-colonial secular influenced Muslim lands. That needs to change. Due rights as per sharia should be given to Muslim women.

I am bewildered by you fallacious straw men argument. What rubbish are you spouting here? Western women also get murdered, raped and acid thrown in the face. They face abuse of 10 partners before they end up as a single mother at 40 working 4 jobs and 20 hours a day. Its would be better if you desi liberals (assuming you are one) don't throw stones at muslims while living in a shattered glass house yourselves living on western goverment benefits.

Last edited:
Don't know abt the east but women in Islamic civilization never considered them oppressed or inferior to men. The very concept of superiority and inferiority never arose. They accepted and were content with their due roles in society.Western women on the other hand were always oppressed and treated as animals and hence you see them always trying to be like men. A sense of inferiority has been ingrained in their head by the corporate and political elites and society as a whole.

What western women should and should not do is to be decided by western society. But as a muslim I don't want western gender roles and norms to be pushed down the throat of Muslim countries under the guise of "womens rights" and "women empowerment". As for types of job and work women should be allowed to do - the basic islamic principle is that there should NOT be free mixing and basic protection for women . For starters labor intensive blue collar jobs are NOT for women, women should NOT be in army combat units, NO need for women quota in parliament and other sectors etc etc. There is a vital need for women in many sectors provided islamic guidelines are maintained i.e proper dress, no free mixing. Women are needed as teachers, university professors, law enforcement (to handle women related issues), psychologist, pharmacist, doctors (for women patients) etc etc i.e mostly white collar jobs with a safe environment.

If men and women do not compete for jobs and women are NOT given quotas then there will be less unemployment for young men. A man can support more than one women (polygamy) but a woman can NOT. The post-modern western lead socio-economic model has been a disaster for the muslim world so far. The western liberal secular model is unsustainable as it is against human nature and the social balance Created and Designed by Allah (swt).

Personally I find it ludicrous that you have to give 20% or 50% quotas for women in parliament. What job do they possibly have in legislation? Let these positions be decided on merit and NOT to appease the inferiority complex of western women and Human rights groups.

Define rights. Rights set by west are NOT rights but heinous injustice to society. Only rights set by Allah (swt) can be considered as rights. But yes, muslim women lack the rights given in Islamic sharia in post-colonial secular influenced Muslim lands. That needs to change. Due rights as per sharia should be given to Muslim women.

I am bewildered by you fallacious straw men argument. What rubbish are you spouting here? Western women also get murdered, raped and acid thrown in the face. They face abuse of 10 partners before they end up as a single mother at 40 working 4 jobs and 20 hours a day. Its would be better if you desi liberals (assuming you are one) don't throw stones at muslims while living in a shattered glass house yourselves living on western goverment benefits.
not sure about muslim women being content with what they got bit.... but I will let muslim forummers here to reply to that. Among the professions, its strange that you included law making as man's job. I can understand the logic about labor intensive jobs.. but..

I agree that western society should not force muslim countries to be like them, its upto muslim countries to decide how they govern themselves. However muslims who live in the west, and those who still choose to migrate, should adhere to western standards, right? Just like I need to obey islamic laws if I migrate to an islamic country.

@Luffy 500 Yoiu really have a complex with the West., What happened? Lost your job because you were a Bangla? Did not get promoted because your a Bangla and now you feel you need to go 'internet jihad' to payback? Or did some Western women turn down your stuttering advances? Almost all the Western women I have met are the other way round - they tend to be full of it and feel they are as if, if not better then men.

Guys this article is rather nonsensical.

Let's take an example where the "traditional" roles of men and women are reversed. Women do the "working" and men take care of the kids and home.

Suddenly some woman writes an article about the "silly" men who think they need some kind of equality by getting a job in the corporate world.

Just think along those lines and read the post again.

not sure about muslim women being content with what they got bit.... but I will let muslim forummers here to reply to that. Among the professions, its strange that you included law making as man's job. I can understand the logic about labor intensive jobs.. but..

I agree that western society should not force muslim countries to be like them, its upto muslim countries to decide how they govern themselves. However muslims who live in the west, and those who still choose to migrate, should adhere to western standards, right? Just like I need to obey islamic laws if I migrate to an islamic country.

Law making defiitely does not require women that you have to give them 20% or 50% quotas in parliament. Just saying.

Off course Muslims have to abide by the law of the land they live in...as long as it does NOT force them to compromise with Islam. If the law is against islam and there is no legal means to oppose it then islam demands that able muslims leave the place for a place where they can practice their religion. China, France, Mayanmar would fit the definition of places that muslims should leave IMO. According to sharia when a muslims enters a Non-muslim country which agrees to allow the Muslim to practice his/her religion, then the Muslim is actually in a defacto covenant with that non-muslim society and that means not causing harm to their families, business or societies. But one of the per-condition of the non-muslim societies that Muslims can go is that the Muslim should be able to propagate Islam and practice the basic principles of his/her religion freely without any threat or oppression.Most western countries including India, Japan,brazil etc fit that bill..........at least so far.

@Luffy 500 Yoiu really have a complex with the West., What happened? Lost your job because you were a Bangla? Did not get promoted because your a Bangla and now you feel you need to go 'internet jihad' to payback? Or did some Western women turn down your stuttering advances? Almost all the Western women I have met are the other way round - they tend to be full of it and feel they are as if, if not better then men.

Do you mistake everyone to be intellectually colonized and spineless like you? The world is bigger than your self-imposed westernized cocoon. Venture out a little, may be then you would be able to question you liberal dogma and preconceived notions you grew up with.

Law making defiitely does not require women that you have to give them 20% or 50% quotas in parliament. Just saying.

Off course Muslims have to abide by the law of the land they live in...as long as it does NOT force them to compromise with Islam. If the law is against islam and there is no legal means to oppose it then islam demands that able muslims leave the place for a place where they can practice their religion. China, France, Mayanmar would fit the definition of places that muslims should leave IMO. According to sharia when a muslims enters a Non-muslim country which agrees to allow the Muslim to practice his/her religion, then the Muslim is actually in a defacto covenant with that non-muslim society and that means not causing harm to their families, business or societies. But one of the per-condition of the non-muslim societies that Muslims can go is that the Muslim should be able to propagate Islam and practice the basic principles of his/her religion freely without any threat or oppression.Most western countries including India, Japan,brazil etc fit that bill..........at least so far.

Do you mistake everyone to be intellectually colonized and spineless like you? The world is bigger than your self-imposed westernized cocoon. Venture out a little, may be then you would be able to question you liberal dogma and preconceived notions you grew up with.
ok.. so you are not opposed to women being lawmakers but you are against quotas... did I understood you right?
if yes, are you against quotas in general?
I too am not a big fan of quotas in general but in some cases they are useful(job quotas for lower caste/muslims in India for example is almost a necessity)...and I will favour quotas for female lawmakers at lower level at least for certain period of time...
are you agais

She only answer to men not retard child.
Tres sauvage :cheers:

I totally feel inferior to every man on this forum. So to make me feel better about being a total loser compared to all of you, can I have a cookie:angel:?

Oatmeal-Raisin-Cookies.jpg
You didnt say sil vous plate :D

Kayi chewtiye dekhe bas luffy jaisa nae dekha !! .

ok.. so you are not opposed to women being lawmakers but you are against quotas... did I understood you right?
if yes, are you against quotas in general?
I too am not a big fan of quotas in general but in some cases they are useful(job quotas for lower caste/muslims in India for example is almost a necessity)...and I will favour quotas for female lawmakers at lower level at least for certain period of time...
are you agais

Point is you most likely would have never bothered about whether females can become law makers or not had it not been for the secular world influenced liberal materialistic feminist social paradigm you grew up in. And the reason there is feminism and liberal obsession with "women empowerment" has a lot to do with their own historical legacy of oppression on women, legacy Muslim world do NOT share with the west. As such there is absolutely NO need for western influenced laws and quotas to "empower women".

Point is you most likely would have never bothered about whether females can become law makers or not had it not been for the secular world influenced liberal materialistic feminist social paradigm you grew up in. And the reason there is feminism and liberal obsession with "women empowerment" has a lot to do with their own historical legacy of oppression on women, legacy Muslim world do NOT share with the west. As such there is absolutely NO need for western influenced laws and quotas to "empower women".
well, if I was always living in a society where women are second class citizen, so are the poor, I would probably wont think much about it, or worse think of it as normal, and wonder what the fuss is about..
and you are right, morality does not always come naturally, if I was living in US two centuries ago, I would probably wont think slave owning is all that bad, I would be arguing that we should take care of our slaves, and its bad owners who are the problem.
Or may be I would have put myself in position of women, or poor, or any group that is disadvantaged and think how I would feel. I dont know. That does not invalidate the CURRENT problem the world faces.
If you feel muslim world has no problem, well then good. Congrats. I dont live in muslim world, and my part of world certainly has lot of problem wrt equality and social justice.

The world would've been a much better place if women were the dominant gender in Human society.. Women in charge of all militaries and all governments etc..

PS -- Bangladesh is an exception.. :D

No Wars at all.Just some countries not talking to each other ..:lol:

The choices provided in the check boxes are outright hilarious and clearly agenda driven. A person would have to be insane to even choose one of the many options as each stinks of a certain biased mentality against forward thinkers.

Luffy never fails to entertain though. If Islam was a glue strong enough to bond Pakistan his region wouldn't have skedaddled off to form a new country. It proves that nation building, respecting rights, an egalitarian society and ethnic understanding are a key to running a country, not only religion.

Back
Top Bottom