What's new

Why did India's Grand Old Party suffer a poll rout?

There is no Congress without Nehru dynasty. Her imperial Highness Rajmata Sonia Gandhi, princess Priyanka and prince Pappu are the lifeline to Congress.

You really think removing them will keep Congress united? It will destroy them.

true mate , but with gandhi's in congress faces larger problems
if you look at this election results it was not just a anti-cong anger but also an anger towards dynastic politics , people have become much more firm on it.
be it gandhi's in cong , 0 for DMK in TN , rout for NCP in MH & Sp in UP , abdullahs in J & K
even badals faced heat in punjab , people are clearly showing their opposition to family run parties.

after every 5 years a new set of voters come in , they belong to a new generation & for them dynastic nonsense is un-acceptable , they believe in merit rather than family legacy.
So if congress keeps harping on gandhi legacy they will very soon vanish .

structural reforms is the need of the hour for congress.
gandhis need to be shown the door.

And do not forget the last time congress delivered a really good tenure was under P V NARSIMHA RAO where gandhis were sidelined and their role was minimized ...it was in that period economic reforms actually started , congress can do a lot of good to this country if it wasn't in control of this con family , there would have been a good political environment with a healthy competition between BJP & CONGRESS.

Last edited:
I will tell you the most apt answer.

There biggest STRENGTH has now turned into the biggest WEAKNESS.

The Gandhis!!!

Earlier, entire congress used to get united in the name of Congress, but over the years, there was a side effect.....What was it?

It was that there can be no other powerful leader, there can be no regional satraps in Congress.

While BJP got stronger b'coz of regional satraps like - Shivraj, Raman Singh, Monohar Parikkar, Vasundra Raje, BS Yedurrapa & to top all - THE NARENDRA MODI.

This ensured that in these states, BJP is very powerful & now BJP is free to focus on other key states like UP, Bihar, etc. to Come to the center.

While for Congress, Old Wine in New Bottle, even in 21st century YOUNGISTAN!!!

I for one connected with Mr. Modi is bcs he is a self made man.....a man born into a poor family who rose to be the PM designate and then the PM of India. He doesn't belong to the clan of arrogant pricks who thinks entitled to positions bcs of their birth and Surname. I may not have hated Rahul Gandhi this much if he had shown his mettle as an administrator in any Ministerial position in UPA 1 or 2 that he could have easily got as a member of the Gandhi clan.....but he rather not to , acting as if he is born just for the PM post. I for one is happy that elitist brown sahib culture that Congress reeks of is destroyed (at least for now).

Its truly the rise of Aam Aadmi.

Very well put !

Give the people what they want and they will get what they deserve.

If you think Modi an extremist can turn the Indian economy around or give you all you want over Night Good luck.
I think Vetrens shud refrain from commenting something which they have no knowledge bout. U dont know Modi any more than Indians. Hes won Indian mandate so clear as never happaned past 3 decades.

Now, either U think Indians are senseless to elect a butcher in such huge majority? OR u think Pakistanis are the most intelligent people to know everything around them. In both cases, U are utterly wrong Sir. :)

I feel pity on Pakistanis to everytime fall into trap. Since Independence, trap of their Autocratic establishment. Then comes Theocratic establishment, Now since we see Democratic establishment prospering a bit, Pakistanis still in that old 'Victim of Propaganda' Mode.

Have u ever thot, isnt it possible that Congress mite have demonised him during 2002 to corner then BJP govt? Just coz Congress are said to be so pro Muslims (Even tough they are the biggest reason to keep Muslims poor), their propoganda wud be bought by 'easy to brainwash' Muslims?

But after 1 decade, Congress CON was caught and that where we saw a good chunk of Muslims voting for Modi. Can u explain out of ur vetranship, Why did Muslims vote for their Butcher? :)

Back
Top Bottom