What's new

Why China might be a better superpower

China is characterless goon country..even for its own people....if you add superpower to it.....only God can save the neighboring countries :D

Who is forcing anyone to join this new and better alliance? Do you even know why people, let alone countries, join associations, clubs, and organizations in the first place?

And you think other countries do not know this? Alliances are voluntary and if interests coincides, then why not join?

What I see is typical knee-jerk response to any proposal by the US as something forcible by US and nefarious in intent. If the US is so evil in your estimation, then what are you doing in the US?

You didn't understand anyting I said. I said that Japan and South Korea would do business and trade with non democratic countries, which would defeat the entire purpose of your trade bloc if you were trying to sanction and cut off theose countries from the "democratic world".

You are wrong. We did not oust Iraq from Kuwait because of what the Kuwaitis said. Yours is a gross distortion of history. It sounds immature.

No, you can say I'm wrong as much as you want, but this was used as a pretext to the intervention. It is not a distortion, but it is engraved into stone.

Like I said, see the Nayirah testimony for more info.

superpower they are u know they can fly jump km and run like wind have u seen china films

Huh? China does have a substantial history of claiming and subjugating the inhabitants of far-flung islands and territories especially bordering the South China Sea and claiming Taiwan and Arunachal in India as part of the Han dynasty while illegally occupying parts of Aksai Chin. And needless to say, invading and claiming Tibet as their own!

There's really nothing to choose between the Yanks and the Hans. The former does it for oil and natural resources for fattening their already fat corporations whilst the latter has this perpetual addiction of claiming lands that never belonged to them.

interesting view, care to elaborate further? I'd very much like a detailed India view of this article.

You didn't understand anyting I said. I said that Japan and South Korea would do business and trade with non democratic countries, which would defeat the entire purpose of your trade bloc if you were trying to sanction and cut off theose countries from the "democratic world".
And you did not understand what is the purpose of this new alliance of democracies. It is not about isolation, economic or diplomatic. This new alliance is about being open and assertive of democratic principles. No more political correctness. We will deal with the most odious of characters from any part of the world but we also will not hesitate to say of what we are and how we are superior. We will also openly promote democratic and capitalist ideals as aggressively as we did during the Cold War when there was a figure to go against. This is what was lost once the Soviets collapsed and that people naively believed that there would no one to take the Soviets' place.

No, you can say I'm wrong as much as you want, but this was used as a pretext to the intervention. It is not a distortion, but it is engraved into stone.

Like I said, see the Nayirah testimony for more info.
And I will say you are wrong again. When Iraq invaded Kuwait, the decision to attack Iraq was to revert the region back to its previous stability as much as possible. Whatever that was presented to the UN it was only to enforce the belief that Iraq deserve to be punished. You have a poor understanding of what happened. You pulled only bits of the story to fit your conception that we were wrong in the first place. For you, the ME can be in flames and that will be fine with you as long as the US remains out of it and that you are safe from the fire.

And you did not understand what is the purpose of this new alliance of democracies. It is not about isolation, economic or diplomatic. This new alliance is about being open and assertive of democratic principles. No more political correctness. We will deal with the most odious of characters from any part of the world but we also will not hesitate to say of what we are and how we are superior. We will also openly promote democratic and capitalist ideals as aggressively as we did during the Cold War when there was a figure to go against. This is what was lost once the Soviets collapsed and that people naively believed that there would no one to take the Soviets' place.

Except that this "democratic" alliance is a figment of your imagination/fantasy. There is no such alliance. The free trade pact with all pacific countris including ASEAN in fact includes very non democratic countries, hint, it isn't China.

Japan and South Korea are really not interested in promoting democracy or human rights in other countries. I suggest you go there and ask both the government and the average citizen. They both don't give a damn.

"Capitalism" as Americans know it, is odious to Chinese from ALL political spectrums, right and left wing. In Taiwan major industries are state owned like oil, weapons, aircraft production and there is universal health insurance.

In fact the government of Chiang Kaishek nationalized tons of industries and kept them in the hands of the government. Since Imperial times the government always owns major industries and has heavy control over the economy. No right or left wing distinction.

Other aspects of American capitalism and democracy are also repulsive to Korea and Japan. The judicial system in America makes Japan look like a cruel dictatorship with its system of prosecution.

Japan's envoy to UN tells fellow diplomats to shut up - Telegraph

Both South Korea, Japan, China, Taiwan and Vietnam all HEAVILY restrict gun ownership, even pistols are not allowed.

While Japan and Korea have leas direct government ownership than Taiwan and China, their governments still heavily plan the economy and they would be accused of communism by Republicans in America if they did that here.

We also had political commisars in the military in Taiwan. Something that can only otherwise be found in states following a certain doctrine originating from Germany.....

And I will say you are wrong again. When Iraq invaded Kuwait, the decision to attack Iraq was to revert the region back to its previous stability as much as possible. Whatever that was presented to the UN it was only to enforce the belief that Iraq deserve to be punished. You have a poor understanding of what happened. You pulled only bits of the story to fit your conception that we were wrong in the first place. For you, the ME can be in flames and that will be fine with you as long as the US remains out of it and that you are safe from the fire.

I never said that the US was wrong, in fact I actually thought it was the right thing to do for the US. Iraq had violated international law with it's invasion of Kuwait, and the US and allied forces did the right thing by pushing them back.

Again, you keep stating that I have a poor understanding of what happened, but I've cited you many sources and shown you what the argument that the US used to sell the war with Iraq to the public. It doesn't matter what the US's real intentions were, because we're not talking about them. If we were, I'd be using a completely different argument.

Is the blogger a Pakistani????

I can see China love in every inch of post...

The hate for USA in the fraternity is so pathetically high, Now these ppl (u know who) are shooting there gun from Chinese shoulder.. China is not ready for being superpower. China as superpower will be like AK-47 in monkey hand..

Nah, USA is so fond of being the World Police and been doing such a fine job for the last century it might as well keep the job.
CN cannot afford to take over, it cost too much. CN is still a poor country in a lot of areas, like military and industries. CN need to save its money and resources.
Maybe India or Vietnam can apply for the job? Office address is: Washington DC USA.

Nah, USA is so fond of being the World Police and been doing such a fine job for the last century it might as well keep the job.
CN cannot afford to take over, it cost too much. CN is still a poor country in a lot of areas, like military and industries. CN need to save its money and resources.
Maybe India or Vietnam can apply for the job? Office address is: Washington DC USA.

I don't think it's so much as China can't afford to, as much as it is, China doesn't want to. I think China's more than happy to let the US take all the hits, that way China doesn't have to deal with looking like the bad guy.

Gulf War 1990 is a war waged by a UN authorized Coalition force.
Iraq War 2003 is a invasion waged by a non UN authorized US-led force
See the difference,
A UN authorized policeman versus a self-appointed policemen, judge and jury that acted for her own selfish self interest.

Back
Top Bottom