What's new

WHY CHINA LACKS GANGNAM STYLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
What dimension are you living in.

South Asian culture is very much a part of the London culture, so much so that the word "Asian" means South Asian. Chinese, not so.
When you really come to UK and then you talk about it. Man.

It means "Below River".

It usually means two locations.

1. Gangnam in Seoul, the place where multinational corporation HQs, financial firms, luxury stores, entertainment companies, luxury housing, and clubs are concentrated at. The reason PSY sings about "Gangnam" in "Oppa Gangnam Style" is because of the night clubbing scene.

2. Gangnam also means the area below Yangtze river in China, historically economically prosperous area of China.

360 million views. :woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
The best "Oppa Gangnam Style" parody to date.

Actually better than Hyunah's "Oppa Gangnam Style", who shot the music video but never sang it in public for some odd reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you really come to UK and then you talk about it. Man.

In UK Asian word is used for South Asia. The curry houses in UK is the most visible South Asian influence.

Movie industry don't come under government spending. Your logic is lame.
Yes, I agree with you. But different from India, our Govt collects much more than India Govt in order to build infrastructure, then they encourage people to do manufacturing to utilize these infrastructure, good policies and tax benefits will be given to second industry, rather than movie makers, because there are unmployment problems. I dont think right now China's movie or music industry can do things like Gangnum Style, Compare China and South Korea, the Koreans GDP per capital is almost 4 times of Chinese, we are in the first phase of industrialization, build the foundation of economy.
Show myself as an example, when I was a kid, my family is worried about food all the time. I am always hungry because not enough meat to eat, when my father start to do transportation business since the road is built, we become 1 of the richest family in the village, now I can study in UK because we benefit from the development of China. My parents dont watch movie and music that much. But I enjoy a lot. I think when China reaches to a proper level, things will come. Take Bruce Lee as an instance, most Chinese know him during 1990s, but he dead about 1970s. In 1970s, almost all Chinese are hungers, nobody care about movies....

In UK Asian word is used for South Asia. The curry houses in UK is the most visible South Asian influence.
No point in educating in this clueless mainlander.

When I was reading UK news sources for the first time, I was confused that they were using the word "Asian" to describe Indian and Pakistani persons, then I figured that "Asian" means "South Asian" and CJK are referred as "East Asian" in British English.

No point in educating in this clueless mainlander.

When I was reading UK news sources for the first time, I was confused that they were using the word "Asian" to describe Indian and Pakistani persons, then I figured that "Asian" means "South Asian" and CJK are referred as "East Asian" in British English.
I watch BBC everyday, they do call Chinese Asians, and "Fast East" is more often used than "East Asia".

I watch BBC everyday, they do call Chinese Asians, and "Fast East" is more often used than "East Asia".

Location = "Far East"
People = "East Asian".

Doesn't change the fact that "Asian" in British English means Indian and Pakistani persons.

what the hell is gangnam? nobody knows what it is, why mention in this forum?

They will even change the direction of wind if it comes in way of master shifu... a great disciple..hands down

Location = "Far East"
People = "East Asian".

Doesn't change the fact that "Asian" in British English means Indian and Pakistani persons.

In UK Asian means South Asians, in America, Asian means East/SE Asians. In Caribbean, Indians are called East Indians to distinguish us from native Americans.

China is a low income country, satisfying people's pocket is the main task. As long as this objective is followed, I dont mind we cant spread our music abroad. We suffer enough poor life in the past, we want business.

It's not a good thing for south korea, especially mainland Chinese, Taiwanese, Japanese, north Korea all hate south Korea. it's not a joking at all. Now the world is peaceful, so south Korea is ok. But if the world in the war, I cannot imaging what happen for south Korea people. india and Pakistan is not in the east Asia, so you don't know what's going on in east Asia. the people from east Asia know what I meant. It just a advice for Koreans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom