What's new

Why Chief Justice is angry with ECL listing by Government.

FalconStar

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This is my personal opinion of why this whole episode is turning out like this, if you don't wish to read any further then stop here and please read something of your own liking.

Many people were either shocked or taken by surprise over CJP's reaction to Governments placing of all 172 names on ECL. Even though he himself told the JIT to contact Government over placing these names on ECL.
In my opinion CJP was angry at one name in particular and that seems to be of Malik Riaz.
You could disagree but here is my reasoning.
CJP started the Dam Funding campaign last year and he has been telling every other accused in cases to put money in the fund or face charges. In this case he has been asking Malik Riaz to deposit Rs.1000 Billion in fund and get Karachi Bahria legalised. Well that was a pretty big amount which I don't think any Businessman could have in his possession. Even if he did their will be nothing left if he gave it all away like that. Then CJP made the offer of Rs.500 Billion last week. He want's his Dam fund to get enough money so he could claim that he made the Dam possible which is not bad but still pretty controversial.

If the CJP would have taken a slightly different route to all this it would have been much better but he choose this. He could have given a verdict in favor of Kalabagh or any other Dam and made sure the Government followed and he could have started the Dam Fund Campaign and then taken a back seat and let other people lead as right now only people who either support Imran Khan or agree with CJP's views are contributing to it and this whole thing has been made into a partisan campaign, where no supporters of PMLN or other parties are interested in to contribute. These Dams are for every single Pakistani, not just a segment of society.

He might want to punish the criminals accused in JIT report but given the number of days left of his as CJP he has taken a route which might jeopardize the whole thing and create a loop whole from which Mr.10% would try to squeeze himself out as well.

I'm very much in favor of this whole Dam Fund but CJP is going down a road which is making this whole thing into another mess which will be difficult to clean up. Just take a look at the verdict given today against Reko Dig now we have to pay $4 Billion to a company just because Iffitikhar Chaudary wanted to be a hero and not a Judge.
Supreme Court has a lot of power, but using that power to further your own self as the savior of the nation serves no one, even if you have good intentions in your heart.
Supreme Court should give verdicts and set precedence for the lower courts to follow but this type of vigilantism is good for no one let alone the betterment of the country.

I hope the next CJP is a little more level headed and does the job of punishing these National Criminals and does not create further loop holes for them to escape from.

JIT: We need to put people on ECL.

CJP: Ask Govt. to do that.

JIT: Sends request to Govt.

Govt: Puts people on ECL.

CJP: Why did Govt. put people on ECL!?

JIT and Govt: You asked JIT to do that...

CJP: Oh, okay. Please reconsider it :smiley_face:

:omghaha:

Because CJ wanted to put the names on ECL himself to brag about his "one man army" posture but unfortunately, GOP did put the names on ECL first making CJ angry on JIT and GOP. I suggest GOP to remove the names on CJ's request, and if the accused ones fly out of country, GOP should put CJ in jail instead.

Watch siddiq jan's report.. CJ is not unhappy.. he only asked to reconsider because CM sindh's name was on the list..

Anyway, government has reconsidered today and decided "NO NAME WILL BE TAKEN OUT". :lol:

Back
Top Bottom