What's new

Why cant males join ASC/EME/ORD?

Ali.009

Reaction score
There are some new rules applicable for SSC. But the jobs are only being offered to females? What is the reason behind this discriminatory attitude? Is it because military want the males to join as fighters and not support staff? Is there a shortage of Fighting force or what?

Source :
Code:
 https://www.joinpakarmy.gov.pk/course_ads/ad_dssc_jan_2012.php

Code:
Corps of Engineers (Engrs) (Female only) 
Corps of Signals (Sigs) (Female only) 	
Corps of Ordnance (Ord) (Female only)
Army Services Corps (ASC) (Female only)
Corps of Electrical & Mechanical Engineers (EME) (Female)
Information & Computer Technology Officers (ICTO) (Female)

The only options left for males are :

Psychologist (Male)
Veterinary Officers in RV&FC (Male)

Whats the reason!!

I think it has something to do with giving reasonable share of oppertunity to females in the armed forces as males r already in a majority role. hence no need to keep getting the males persons where females can b accomodated..

I think it has something to do with giving reasonable share of oppertunity to females in the armed forces as males r already in a majority role. hence no need to keep getting the males persons where females can b accomodated..

They can keep a fixed quota for females, thats what reasonable share of opportunity means.

No. I think this particular advert is for the female entry only. There would be separate entries for men too at different times of the year. You would also find adverts for entry of cooks, carpenters, mess waiters and other tradesmen into the Army. That does not mean that the Army takes only tradesmen. Same goes for entry of clerks etc.

Pakistan Defence & Military Careers Topic in this forum delivers nice messages to the public.

:yahoo:

For the first time I hear that males are prohibited to join that kind of army as I have read from Defence Now every male can join the army but of course in case if his medical card can prove that he is healthy man.

This is short-commission to fill the quota for women. Their career ends at major.
If you want to join these fields you'll have to apply to a long course or a Technical Cadet Course(for EME).

Good Luck,

Back
Top Bottom