What's new

Why are students from Muslim countries invisible in the world of science?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The so-called islamic golden age happened only because few advance civilizations like Persia, Egypt, were united under one language. This, through Arabic languave gave a common platform for scientists to exchange ideas and as a result of free flow of ideas, the islamic golden age happened. This can be related to current scientific advances accross the world thanks to globalisation and English as a common language used by people belonged to different regions communicate with each other. So the islamic golden age is not necessarily islamic since the faith doesn't have anything to do with the accompaniments of subjects in an Arabic empire. Calling it the islamic golden age is akin to calling current scientific boom as "English golden age". Another fact is as the backward Arabic culture slowly took root in nearby advanced civilisation, the culture that supported scientific growth slowly died out. This is the reason that laid the foundation to current misery in Iraq, Syria which otherwise were known as advanced civilisations throughout ancient times.

The core issue is funds in Pakistan, Turkey is doing good so far in different scientific fields

this is the problem faced by the subcontinent as a whole, not limited to Pakistan, an average student gets very little opportunity to actually execute the things written in science books

good point.

This is why we should not give credit to nor blame religion.

Under controlled experiment, OP is just $tupid.

The core issue is funds in Pakistan, Turkey is doing good so far in different scientific fields

Turkey is 2 inches ahead of Pakistan.

If you have read a little bit of history then you would be as dumb as a dog to even think Islam prohibits the scientific knowledge.

Modern science is poles apart from religious mumbo jumbo mullah dumbo.

Let's not drag any religion let alone Islam in it.

OP is $upid simply.

Science happens in enlightened societies. Such societies can be counted using fingers on one hand.

this is why Bharat Nepal thailand burma Philippines etc. do not produce science within their territories.
Guess what I just covered major religions already.

good point.

Turkey is 2 inches ahead of Pakistan.

Modern science is poles apart from religious mumbo jumbo mullah dumbo.

Let's not drag any religion let alone Islam in it.

OP is $upid simply.

Science happens in enlightened societies. Such societies can be counted using fingers on one hand.

this is why Bharat Nepal thailand burma Philippines etc. do not produce science within their territories.
Guess what I just covered major religions already.

Both Will do better in Future IA :smitten:

good point.

Exactly my thoughts, however people have a habit of bringing religion even when its completly irrelevent to the situation.
Most colleges in subcontinent lack high end equipments for lab, funding is minuscule, I have seen schools in my village where only 1 teacher is allocated for 500-1000 students, Government schools and colleges lacks basic infra in villages, sometimes even a classroom :lol:. I am sure Pakistan is facing similar problems and I have no idea how religion can be blamed for all these

Exactly my thoughts, however people have a habit of bringing religion even when its completly irrelevent to the situation.
Most colleges in subcontinent lack high end equipments for lab, funding is minuscule, I have seen schools in my village where only 1 teacher is allocated for 500-1000 students, Government schools and colleges lacks basic infra in villages, sometimes even a classroom :lol:. I am sure Pakistan is facing similar problems and I have no idea how religion can be blamed for all these

Science research starts with theoretical concepts generally.

And a lot of that is done in the head and not in the lab.

The problem in Pakistan is that we use very little of big head,
While we are overusing the little head :-)

Until parents understand that condom is not kufr, family planning is not kufr and stop saying "bacche toh allah ki den hain " till then we can't expect scientific approach from children.

Until parents understand that condom is not kufr, family planning is not kufr and stop saying "bacche toh allah ki den hain " till then we can't expect scientific approach from children.

naaah.

sex in the name of Allah has nothing do with science.

As

sex in the name of Raam too has nothing to do with science.

Why I say this.

There are billions more Hindus in our region forking around than few hundred million Muslims.

As I said

Let's not drag religion in this.

OP is $tupid

If you have read a little bit of history then you would be as dumb as a dog to even think Islam prohibits the scientific knowledge. History shows that Islam was the only religion that never put up any obstacle against any scientific idea as compared to Christianity or Hinduism.

I have a question to ask as a follow up to your statement above to the other fella. :raise:

If what you say is true "History shows that Islam was the only religion that never put up any obstacle against any scientific idea as compared to Christianity or Hinduism"; then what happened is the question proposed in article? Why did Christianity, Hinduism and Judaism out pace you in spades?

The so-called islamic golden age happened only because few advance civilizations like Persia, Egypt, were united under one language. This, through Arabic languave gave a common platform for scientists to exchange ideas and as a result of free flow of ideas, the islamic golden age happened. This can be related to current scientific advances accross the world thanks to globalisation and English as a common language used by people belonged to different regions communicate with each other. So the islamic golden age is not necessarily islamic since the faith doesn't have anything to do with the accompaniments of subjects in an Arabic empire. Calling it the islamic golden age is akin to calling current scientific boom as "English golden age". Another fact is as the backward Arabic culture slowly took root in nearby advanced civilisation, the culture that supported scientific growth slowly died out. This is the reason that laid the foundation to current misery in Iraq, Syria which otherwise were known as advanced civilisations throughout ancient times.

Nice analysis.

I see only one reason too much religion in everything instead of practical thinking.

Why did Christianity, Hinduism and Judaism out pace you in spades?

They did not.

Almost all of the scientific societies do not include deeply Chrisitian or Hindu countries.
Most of the jewish scientist too do not do their work in israel.

So your argument is as strong as a broken egg.

I see only one reason too much religion in everything instead of practical thinking.

Is this why Burma Bharat and Bihar do not have much research achievements to claim.

Yeah yeah those bharatis who do research generally do so about 6000 miles away. hahahah

They did not.

Almost all of the scientific societies do not include deeply Chrisitian or Hindu countries.
Most of the jewish scientist too do not do their work in israel.

So your argument is as strong as a broken egg.

I have a broken egg because you made a hilarious claim that "scientific societies do not include deeply Chrisitian or Hindu countries.Most of the jewish scientist too do not do their work in israel."

Of course America, a majority and deeply Christian country, or Europe, or Israel are all lacking behind on publishing scientific papers of repute, on technology, or innovation etc to Muslims :rofl:

img3.jpg

img2.jpg

img1.jpg

Israel has the highest concentration of engineers in the world—135 per 10,000 people, compared to 85 per 10,000 people in the United States. Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark, Korea, Germany, and Singapore round out the top ten.

Last edited:

Beg to differ Fauj bhai. The original post did not blame religion for the lack of scientific temper, he did not fail to point out the following

"Revealing to an extremism-assaulted student population, the fact that scientific inquiry by Muslim scientists began long before the advent of colonialism and modernity, would expose the lie that says that rejecting science is somehow being true to Islam."

The primary reasons that deserves consideration is the political turmoil in Middle East, oppressive tyrannies, Economic and Industrial underdevelopment and lack of proper governance for this precariousness. Precisely the reason why a number of Latin American, South and South East Asian countries stumbles to establish a kinder environment for science and research.

Is this why Burma Bharat and Bihar do not have much research achievements to claim.

Yeah yeah those bharatis who do research generally do so about 6000 miles away. hahahah
and what stops Muslims from doing research in foreign countries? come on dont be in denial. Islam is largest religion on earth and spreading. most number of muslim countries. still contribution to science and technology? nearly zero.
you tell me reason.:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom