What's new

Why are Indians ready for a deal with Dhaka but wary of Islamabad?

MJ Akbar....I've seen his opinion pieces on The Daily Star newspaper. The man makes his points, but often far from reality.

Nonetheless, he is quite right about this one:
'....Indians are impressed by Sheikh Hasina's visible and sustained war against terrorists. She has contained faith-based political formations, and cracked down against violence- addicted extremists.

In this respect she has altered the dynamics of Bangladesh politics, and this legacy will be hard to subvert.'

The ruling are here to stay.

Then we could expect to BD to surpass PK GDP (Nominal) in 10 years :azn:

Yet another self serving article extolling the momentus self pity they are known for.

Btw as a muslim I don't give a damn abt nationalism.
Wow! No wonder with people like you around, Muslim nations are at war with each other!

According to you, your nation, your country be damned. With this attitude, you guys are going deeper into the rabbit hole with no hope of salvation.

The best entity to answer this question is BSF. They are deployed on both Indo-Pak and Indo-BD borders and they are in best position to answer this question' :D

bengalies or bangladeshies are sane and simple people(with few a ecxeptions)so they can be reasond with and a constructive dialog was possible with them but pakistanies are way too egoistik and hate india and indians more than they love there nation thats the main reason there can be no such deal with pakistan nomatter who is in power there in pakistan

nothing wrong with day dreaming ......
Beacause Bangladesh made sure terrorism against India eminating from its territory is curbed completely. Whereas Pakistan dwells on terrorism. Congrats for knowing the difference.

This weekend we can bury a misconception that has appropriated the subcontinent's discourse since 1947, when a Muslim League British project partitioned the land in the name of religion. India's problem with Pakistan has nothing to do with Pakistan's emergence as a Muslim nation.

Thats where I stopped reading. Your view is extremely myopic and devoid of facts but is all hyperbole.

India's problem is Pakistan stems from Kashmir.

India accepted partition along the lines of religion.
The Maharajas and the Sultans all got 2 choices "Chose India or Pakistan"
Most chose the country with which their population alined, but some dummy sultans and maharajas chose stupidly.
In the case of India, the Sultans that chose Pakistan, despite having majority Hindu populations were forcibly annexed by India. (no problem, as they were Hindu majority).

But then Indian greed also demanded that the Maharaja of Kashmir sign off on India despite having majority Muslims population.

Looking at all the actions of India, it is clear it is an aggressive and hostile neighbor. They invaded the sultanates that voted to go with Pakistan, they invaded the French islands off their coast, despite not being part of the British Raj, and they famously invaded Goa in the 60s.

If India wants peace with it's neighbor, it needs to stop being a hegemonic power and deal with it's neighbors as a democratic state instead of a fascist one.
just a correction! India did not attacked J&K to merge with it. the honor was done by Pakistan when they sent tribals to invade J&K which forced the the Ruler to Merge with India.

Indians will always be governed by themselves, whether its British colonizers or French or Martians doesn't matter.

You know the best part - We'd do it all over again if we could :)

this is a very internet hindu response.
yes yes, we get it, you have a small d!ck and need to compensate with bravado.

But you didn't say anything about the validity of my post.

just a correction! India did not attacked J&K to merge with it. the honor was done by Pakistan when they sent tribals to invade J&K which forced the the Ruler to Merge with India.

Did India not send it's military into Kashmir?
How was I wrong?

Yes, Pakistan did send tribesmen into Kashmir because the dummy Hindu ruler wanted did not want to do the logical thing and go with Pakistan.
India did the exact same thing with the dummy sultans who voted for Pakistan or independence.

Why can India force dummy sultans to join India and Pakistan cannot force dummy Maharaja to join Pakistan?

This is the crux of the issue. India acting like a bully with it's neighbor.
If India was not greedy and fascist, it would not have invaded Kashmir, thus giving Pakistan no reason to hate India and ultimately resulting in a non-nuclear, more harmonious subcontinent.

Republic of India did extended the hand of friendship to Pakistan during the period of PM Vajaypee and even worked for the bus service between both the countries and in return got Kargil war.

Now Republic of India proved that by talks, disputes can be solved and the example is the border treaty with Bangladesh.

this is a very internet hindu response.
yes yes, we get it, you have a small d!ck and need to compensate with bravado.

But you didn't say anything about the validity of my post.

Did India not send it's military into Kashmir?
How was I wrong?

Yes, Pakistan did send tribesmen into Kashmir because the dummy Hindu ruler wanted did not want to do the logical thing and go with Pakistan.
India did the exact same thing with the dummy sultans who voted for Pakistan or independence.

Why can India force dummy sultans to join India and Pakistan cannot force dummy Maharaja to join Pakistan?

This is the crux of the issue. India acting like a bully with it's neighbor.
If India was not greedy and fascist, it would not have invaded Kashmir, thus giving Pakistan no reason to hate India and ultimately resulting in a non-nuclear, more harmonious subcontinent.
India sent its armies only after pakistani army/establishment backed tribals attacked J&K. the barbarism shown by the representative of pakistan forced King as well
the local polictical leaders to seek help from india. rest is history.

The best entity to answer this question is BSF. They are deployed on both Indo-Pak and Indo-BD borders and they are in best position to answer this question' :D

You are projecting here. Unlike your country, in India, security forces have little say in policy matters. We are a nation with armed forces, not an armed forces with a nation.

India sent its armies only after pakistani army/establishment backed tribals attacked J&K. the barbarism shown by the representative of pakistan forced King as well
the local polictical leaders to seek help from india. rest is history.
And the sky is blue.
Do you want to say anything else that everyone already knows?

There are some scientific articles floating online saying Indians have small penises, but I guess they missed the small brains.

Pakistan sent it's tribal into Kashmir.
India sent it's army into Sultans that chose Pakistan or independence.

Now Pakistan is not a greedy or fascist state so when India invaded sultans, we said "Okay, this if fair, they are majority Hindu population" and Pakistan and India never ever have a problem over that.

India on the other hand, is a hegemonic and fascist state, so when Pakistan invaded Kashmir, instead of saying "okay that is fair because majority population is Muslim" They went and sent their army. Which caused 3 wars, nuclear sub continent, and loss of countless lives.

All this could have been avoided if India was not so darn greedy.

Beacause Bangladesh made sure terrorism against India eminating from its territory is curbed completely. Whereas Pakistan dwells on terrorism. Congrats for knowing the difference.
we are not bangladesh and we do not obey your orders ........... remember that ....... first eliminate Terrorism within your ranks than ask other countries , just recent incident killed 20 of your soldiers curb that .

And the sky is blue.
Do you want to say anything else that everyone already knows?

There are some scientific articles floating online saying Indians have small penises, but I guess they missed the small brains.

Pakistan sent it's tribal into Kashmir.
India sent it's army into Sultans that chose Pakistan or independence.

Now Pakistan is not a greedy or fascist state so when India invaded sultans, we said "Okay, this if fair, they are majority Hindu population" and Pakistan and India never ever have a problem over that.

India on the other hand, is a hegemonic and fascist state, so when Pakistan invaded Kashmir, instead of saying "okay that is fair because majority population is Muslim" They went and sent their army. Which caused 3 wars, nuclear sub continent, and loss of countless lives.

All this could have been avoided if India was not so darn greedy.

I can say that my penises is 8 inches long and I don't need to hear about the brain power of Pakistanis. We have lots of example of your infamous brain power :lol:

Now on topic

At the time of independence, the princely states were given three options 1) Independence 2) Accession to India 3) Accession to Pakistan.

The King of Kashmir choose Independence, and Pakistan sent its proxies to force the King to sign the accession of Kashmir to Pakistan. To counter proxies, the King of Kashmir signed the accession of Kashmir to India. After the accession of Kashmir to India, India sent its soldiers to defend Kashmir as it became part of India after the accession.

There is nothing greedy here. If there is any greedy party here it is Pakistan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom