What's new

Why are guns so outrageously expensive in Pakistan?

In 2004 when i came to Pakistan, bought original russian AK-47 for 14,000/-:D later sold it for 40,000+

Norinco's recently arrived, Semi auto CQ-A 5.56 is selling for up to RS: 400,000 throughout Pakistan which is almost US $4000. Exact same weapon costs $700 in Canada.

This NORINCO M-4 Rip off is a $1000 more expensive than a brand new FN-SCAR H in the US Civilian market. Glocks, Sigs, FNs, H&K handguns cost you two arms and your balls !

My question is, why are they so expensive in Pakistan? - Is it the taxes or dealers are making the most out of a hard to get rifle base?

Image Via Pakguns

3AE90E81-7550-4397-AF85-363D3EE0D064_zpszelniv6e.png

@balixd | @Icarus | @Abu Zolfiqar | @RescueRanger | @TaimiKhan | @Bezerk | @boomslang
Yar what the the hell is this?
It's a good thing that guns are expensive, actually they should be banned for this time being!
Especially the AK variants.....
For those who want to fire guns they should refer to something like army ranges.

It's a good thing..Think about it.
If we had people like you we wouldn't be facing a war.....
I know the terrorists don't get their guns from markets, but imagine if their was no AK culture in Pakistan it would be at the very least difficult for them to get their hands on the bigger guns..... at least.
Also read this.....
Celebratory gunfire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If we had people like you we wouldn't be facing a war.....
I know the terrorists don't get their guns from markets, but imagine if their was no AK culture in Pakistan it would be at the very least difficult for them to get their hands on the bigger guns..... at least.
Also read this.....
Celebratory gunfire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I am sorry, you might have mis interpreted my post. It was meant for @Aeronaut and he would very well understand what I meant.

As far as gun culture is concerned, i am probably one of the biggest proponent of responsible gun ownership on the forum. Sorry to disappoint you.

I am sorry, you might have mis interpreted my post. It was meant for @Aeronaut and he would very well understand what I meant.

As far as gun culture is concerned, i am probably one of the biggest proponent of responsible gun ownership on the forum. Sorry to disappoint you.
Not really

@sandyy_3126

You can't be serious. I was willing to forsake one of my .222 license if i could find a good AR frame. Could've gotten it converted.
I had an opportunity to get an original M-4 from a dodgy friend couple of years back for $1500. I refused it despite the fact that i could have made it legal...now looking at a Chinese copy going for 400k, im regretting it :sarcastic:

Rumor has it that POF might get SAR 223 stock from Turkey, or even produce it, at home, which is a fine rifle. If POF floods the market, AR will become cheaper. :D

In 2004 when i came to Pakistan, bought original russian AK-47 for 14,000/-:D later sold it for 40,000+

where I know which Ak-47/Type-56 gun has a good quality and which not, which is original, which can be used in war ? and which is only for wedding ?

Norinco's recently arrived, Semi auto CQ-A 5.56 is selling for up to RS: 400,000 throughout Pakistan which is almost US $4000. Exact same weapon costs $700 in Canada.

This NORINCO M-4 Rip off is a $1000 more expensive than a brand new FN-SCAR H in the US Civilian market. Glocks, Sigs, FNs, H&K handguns cost you two arms and your balls !

My question is, why are they so expensive in Pakistan? - Is it the taxes or dealers are making the most out of a hard to get rifle base?

Image Via Pakguns

3AE90E81-7550-4397-AF85-363D3EE0D064_zpszelniv6e.png

@balixd | @Icarus | @Abu Zolfiqar | @RescueRanger | @TaimiKhan | @Bezerk | @boomslang

as if Pakistan has shortage of guns in wrong hands, do you want govt to subsidize them?

Many of these guns are brought in illegally or through importers, they aren't marketed by the maker or a licensed firm which is why they are more expensive.

who care about guns price? why is the rice, wheat, vegetables and petrol expensive?

100% import duty + taxes. Then the importer wants a 50 - 100% markup and then come the retailers. the retail consortium is quite strong and keep a healthy check on prices. These numbers are my own estimation by talking to buyers and dealers. I have not researched any of it myself. The .223 you mentioned opened with a price tag of around $4000. I can find it for $3200 today. Prices with adjust once the market gets more stock.

@Icarus l Huzoor don't you think 'responsible' gun ownership should be encouraged?

I hope POF's bid for SAR 223 is true. It would standardise the 223 market.

@sandyy_3126

You can't be serious. I was willing to forsake one of my .222 license if i could find a good AR frame. Could've gotten it converted.
I had an opportunity to get an original M-4 from a dodgy friend couple of years back for $1500. I refused it despite the fact that i could have made it legal...now looking at a Chinese copy going for 400k, im regretting it :sarcastic:

Rumor has it that POF might get SAR 223 stock from Turkey, or even produce it, at home, which is a fine rifle. If POF floods the market, AR will become cheaper. :D
Boss aage ki socho.... High markup is good for business

Back
Top Bottom