What's new

Who would be the best President for Pakistan right now?

I would opt for Musharraf again, he's the best leader Pakistan has had in past 5 decades. He's well educated, moderate and envissioned and most important, he's a leader.

Benazir's asassination is the only reason he lost last elections, he would have won it easily under normal circumstances.

sir people don't wana see agian in power pml-q and mush have only that party.so who can he come in power ? :)

^^^well i just realised there is NO one. reason is obvious. no democratic credentials with any of them. they call themselves democrats but act like autocrats. so if i were to choose the lesser of evils so to speak, then it is the current....no i cant!

I would opt for Musharraf again, he's the best leader Pakistan has had in past 5 decades. He's well educated, moderate and envissioned and most important, he's a leader.

Benazir's asassination is the only reason he lost last elections, he would have won it easily under normal circumstances.
+1 :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

I think from the pure strategic point of view zardari has shown himself to be a consumate politician. He has succeeded in mellowing down the indian backlash by not resorting to a stereotypical Pakistani response of "AGGRESSION WILL BE MET WITH AGGRESSION", but instead has extended his hand out to cooperate with the indians. This has really thrown them off their stance. also the world opinion and consequent backlash has also been successfully countered. I think credit should be given to him for this deed.
WaSalam
Araz
Araz, you are absolutely right, I may add, under him our relations with Karzai’s government have also improved tremendously, which we all know had been at its very low point.

Now how he revives the economy and corrects the trade imbalance that I think will be his real test.

According to our constitution anyone who has served in the army cannot run for a public office till he leaves the army and waits 2 years. It's already been one year since he left the army.

Musharraf doesn't count officially since he has voiced that he doesn't wish to return (although some indications are otherwise)...

So out of the list of evil maniacs out there? I'd go with the public opinion this time and put my weight behind Nawaz Sharif. Why? Because I want someone who opposes the entire current set up.

Of course that is Nawaz Sharif on paper, in actuality he might take more U-Turns than Zardari did after the elections.

i think i will opt certainly for a mullah, most notably Qazi. I am no fan of mullahs but i have had it with these so called liberals and moderates, our foreign policy needs a major shift and no moderate, be it Musharraf or zardari or even perhaps NS has the will or the gutts to do so.

i think i will opt certainly for a mullah, most notably Qazi. I am no fan of mullahs but i have had it with these so called liberals and moderates, our foreign policy needs a major shift and no moderate, be it Musharraf or zardari or even perhaps NS has the will or the gutts to do so.

icecold is not feeling well today! fever i think! whats wrong man?
all is not "thap" man.

May God have mercy on us all. :coffee:

Huh....? :what::confused::undecided:
I hope you're joking mate, please elaborate.

Back
Top Bottom