What's new

Who was worse - PPP or PMNL?

Menace2Society

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
For me this is a tough one because each are as incompetent and corrupt as the other.

If I had to choose PPP govt was by far the worst. Every hire was based on nepotism. The leader was a murderer and a criminal. Nothing done for the economy. Bin Laden debacle in their tenure. Cricket match fixing in their tenure. Terrorism at its strongest in their tenure. They single handedly destroyed the country.

A lot of similarities with PNML but I would go for PPP.

Who has been the worst?

Both, its hard to say who was worse. Both looted country and damaged in their own ways. Last 30 years have been total destruction of institutions, corruption, nepotism, red-tapisim, political interference at every level of state, hatred , extremism and money laundering.

Both were quite bad, PPP was probably worse by some margin as the whole 2008-2013 was horrific.

However, I would also add Musharraf and dictators to this list, their era was not as bad, but Musharraf's era could have been just as bad had he have taken power around 2008, and it was in his time that terrorism and the energy crisis began to fester, he played a key role in causing both.

It was his luck that shortly after taking charge that lots of aid and dollars started flowing to Pakistan after 9/11, it also allowed him to sit back and not make tough policy decisions and reforms that other countries have already made, and he left shortly before the world economy took a hit and Pakistan's energy crisis became apparent, as well as terrorism becoming as bad as it was. If he stuck around till 2013, assuming he wouldn't have been thrown out, he'd probably be remembered as one of the worst in history, along with the two parties mentioned.

For me this is a tough one because each are as incompetent and corrupt as the other.

If I had to choose PPP govt was by far the worst. Every hire was based on nepotism. The leader was a murderer and a criminal. Nothing done for the economy. Bin Laden debacle in their tenure. Cricket match fixing in their tenure. Terrorism at its strongest in their tenure. They single handedly destroyed the country.

Who has been the worst?
Purely looking from economic point of view PMLN was worse because of what they did in last 2 years...they did some face saving by setting up LNG plants but long-term implications for expensive coal and LNG plants (due to kick backs) will be great

Umm pp didn't have to lend much coz of the musharaf's economic legacy. But when navaz was at it the treasury was almost touching rock bottom.

I am accounting for high oil prices of 100+(which meant LNG plants were not possible) and global finacial crisis of 2008 and 100 years worse flood 2010 that was zero growth year...

If only 2 are options then definitely PMLN is worse, PPPP is better, it is consistent in policy against Terrorism & extremism.

Umm pp didn't have to lend much coz of the musharaf's economic legacy. But when navaz was at it the treasury was almost touching rock bottom.
Nope Nawaz inherented 10x better situation than imran khan

Look at steel Mills, PIA, state enterprises and all other indicators ...loss in single year in power sector were more than 5 years of pppp

pmln seems better because of global boom/recovery plus CPEC investments which is more a Chinese initiative than anything else

PML N was focused in optics rather than economy along with a lot of kick backs

Who has been the worst?
Also include Sri Lankan cricket team attack, horrendous law and order situation in Karachi, PIA, Steel mill were verge to collapse in Pee Pee Pee era.

Federal government is a tricky subject.At provincial level PML-N has done far better then PPP while at National level both were chasing each other in worst performance
Compare the cities in Sindh and Punjab (Leaving lahore and Karachi aside)...Compare Hyderabad with Faisalabad ? or Sukkur with Pindi ?

Both were quite bad, PPP was probably worse by some margin as the whole 2008-2013 was horrific.

However, I would also add Musharraf and dictators to this list, their era was not as bad, but Musharraf's era could have been just as bad had he have taken power around 2008, and it was in his time that terrorism and the energy crisis began to fester, he played a key role in causing both.

It was his luck that shortly after taking charge that lots of aid and dollars started flowing to Pakistan after 9/11, it also allowed him to sit back and not make tough policy decisions and reforms that other countries have already made, and he left shortly before the world economy took a hit and Pakistan's energy crisis became apparent, as well as terrorism becoming as bad as it was. If he stuck around till 2013, assuming he wouldn't have been thrown out, he'd probably be remembered as one of the worst in history, along with the two parties mentioned.

The correct answer is: IT DOES NOT MATTER.

What matters now is the way forward and how to best achieve it with the present setup. We are never going back into the past but the way and outlook must be for the future.

Both should be held responsible,Both agreed to take turns in looting pakistan. If it weren't for IK we would have been preparing for the arrival of maryam or bilawal as our next saviour. Democracy is a big joke in Pakistan.

Last edited:
when both are in agreement to take turns and are in collation then there is no need to compare each other

lol
Leave a side Mushraff Zardari Nawaz all of their cream in PTI now, SO?
No matter how strong or weak engine you have, if tracks are same old ,useless, you can’t run the train smoothly. Yawn

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom