What's new

Who was the most influential person in the whole human history?

Isaac Newton
Broke the code of nature. Showed humans how nature works so now they can mimic it for their benefit. Increased human capability by more than a hundred times. Without him the human population would have never crossed the billion mark.

Yeah but again, as I said, it was Muhammad who ordered the punishment. It were the Jews themselves who requested Muhammad to judge them not according to Islam, but according to Jewish law...and Muhammad appointed a Rabi (well-trained man in Jewish law) to handle the issue.

What happened afterwards was according to Jewish Law and the wishes of the jews of Banu Quraiza.

That is the whole story...You can still criticize/disagree with Muhammad on the issue. But don't say "Muhammad killed 900 jews..or ordered the killings of them blah blah"..because historically, that isn't accurate...
Sorry but thats nonsense. According to the Jewish law u need Sanhendrin of 23 judges and very long disputes to judge only 1 person to death.

Furthermore, Sanhedrin that judges more than 1 person to death in 7 years considered as cruel.

The most influential person in ancient times - Julius Caesar.

The most influential person of Middle Ages - Muhammad.

The most influential person in modern history - Vladimir Lenin.

Apostle Paul, Charlemagne, Gengizkhan, Newton also worthy candidates.

Interesting thread...I'll like to add my two cents.

Most influential person in recorded human history till now?

Muhammad

Explanation of choice:

Well, there is literally no person that Muhammad can be compared to in entire history. He is THE most "uniquest" historical character of history (I know uniquest isn't correct use of English--but just to emphasize my point).

The remarkable fact about Muhammad was that he was one of the most influential religious and secular leader of human kind. This combination is unmatched by any other human being in history.

For example, Newton was one of the most influential person too---but in secular terms. Similarly, Buddha was really influential too--but in religious terms. Same goes for almost every historical character whether Einstein, inventor of paper, or Napolean. All of them were either 'secular' influential historical characters (like Alexander, Newton, or Ceasar) or 'religious' influential historical character (Like Buddha, Jesus, Abraham, Guru Nanak and so on).

Muhammad was THE only man to have ever walked on Earth was cosmically influential both in religious and secular terms.

By most accounts, the 'closest' competitor to Muhammad's global historical influence would be Jesus.

How about we take away the religious side of Muhammad and then compare it to Jesus? Muhammad, even as a secular political leader, dwarfs Jesus' over-all influence.

- For example, Muhammad wrote/dictated one of the most influential text of history...Qur'an...did Jesus write anything? No. Jesus did not even know about a book called 'bible' because bible was written by numerous people over many years. Muhammad's writing influences billions of people "directly" and it almost influences entire human race indirectly.

- Muhammad was a also political leader who united Arabs under one banner for the first time in their history, and this changed the historical pivot of history within decades (as Arabs conquered/defeated Persians and Romans (two super powers of their era) and turned the existing world order upside down)..and this event is one of the most influential historical event..and Muhammad directly orchestrated it by uniting and inspiring Arabs to conquer superpowers of the time. What was Jesus' political achievements and historical influence? Zilch. Jesus never became a political leader.

Muhammad is one of the greatest/most influential law giver to humanity. Shari'a Law, which directly influences 25% to 30% of humanity, is derived, for the most part, from Muhammad's writings (Qur'an), his example (Sunnah), and his sayings/philosophy (Hadith). All of it are direct works of Muhammad or directly comes from Muhammad. Therefore, Muhammad's sculpture is placed in U.S supreme court as a recognition of him being one of the greatest/ most influential law giver of humanity. Does Jesus have this kind of legal influence on humanity? Nopes.

Also, militarily, it was Muhammad, like Changez Khan, who inspired the great Arab conquests. Khalid, for example, was called 'The sword of God' by people..A title directly given to him by Muhammad. Muhammad recognized people's abilities and gave them best suitable roles, which resulted in remarkable results. The Great Arab military conquests were a direct result of Muhammad inspiration as he predicted that Muslims will "conquer Rome and Persia"... Again, where does Jesus stand in this category? Again, no where. He never became a military leader.

----and add to this the religious accomplishment of the man. Founder of the one of the largest, one of the most global religion out there. Moreover, Muhammad's influence on Islam was much greater than Jesus' influence on Christianity--since Christian theology was developed mainly by Saint Paul and not Jesus himself.

One other interesting point that I often thought of..

Muhammad is by far the single-most greatest individual behavioral influence in history of mankind.

This is what I mean by it..

Billions of people emulate him, try to dress like him or his prescribed dress-code, try to follow laws written by him..even on personal level like cleaning/hygiene/food etc, and heck, even try to emulate his appearance (Millions of Muslim men have beard only because "The Prophet" had it). Such direct grand behavioral influence on humanity on daily basis can not be attributed to any other man in entire history but Muhammad.

Therefore, it is not only me but also scholars like Michael H. Hart who wrote a book on "100 most influential people of history" also ranked Muhammad as number one.

And if anyone here think that Hart, an American Astrophysicist, was biased (which is unbelievable since he wasn't even Muslim or Arab), then I present you with this..

57 Swedish experts worked on a scholarly encyclopedia...That panel involved historians, scientists, journalists, sociologists etc....and in that encyclopedia, they published a list of 50 most important persons of human history... and even in this list.... Muhammad is ranked number one.

=================

I purposely did not write "Prophet" Muhammad because here I'm purely talking from an historical, factual, secular perspective

What do you think?

@AUSTERLITZ You are really into history...what do you think of my post? A neutral perspective on the issue is welcomed. Does my reasoning for placing Muhammad above others come out as somewhat sound to you? Or you see a clear, fanatical bias? (which I don't see but I'll you'll be most welcomed to point out so I can enhance by view)

Remember, influence is a neutral measure here. No one is claiming Muhammad to be the best or greatest person etc....just influence is being discussed.

You guys can also read my post

@Aeronaut @Zarvan @Hazzy997 @Jungibaaz @al-Hasani @Slav Defence @DESERT FIGHTER @KingMamba, @Wholegrain @RazPaK @Armstrong @cb4 @qamar1990 @BATMAN @Panther 57 @Secur @WebMaster @Zakii @Last Hope @Luftwaffe @Neptune @Arabian Knight @Pakistanisage @RescueRanger @Yzd Khalifa @nuclearpak @SOHEIL @Leader @Jazzbot @Juice @Infoman @Hyperion @gambit
The author is wrong on the part secular because politics economy and all aspects off life are part off Islam nothing is out of Islam

Thats why I tagged you and other posters. I hoped that only senior, well-seasoned member will see it. But alas, same old bunch of kids writing nothing but their personal opinions backed by no reasoning or analytical construction.

u r fcking insecyre in your quest to prove muhhamad as the most influential person...why ask if you don't respect opinions...next time create a thread with the title muhhamad the most infuential person and discuss...dont create this sorry drama of asking....another pathetic show by muslims clinging to their past...bcos the present-for them====humuliation.

Sorry but thats nonsense. According to the Jewish law u need Sanhendrin of 23 judges and very long disputes to judge only 1 person to death.

Furthermore, Sanhedrin that judges more than 1 person to death in 7 years considered as cruel.

So?

The main point is that according to the sources, the punishment was given by an ex-rabbi on the demand of Banu Quraiza and punishment was according to Jewish law.

The main thing here is blaming Muhammad for Banu Qaraiza's death doesn't make any sense. He was not the one who ordered the punishment

u r fcking insecyre in your quest to prove muhhamad as the most influential person...why ask if you don't respect opinions...next time create a thread with the title muhhamad the most infuential person and discuss...dont create this sorry drama of asking....another pathetic show by muslims clinging to their past...bcos the present-for them====humuliation.

Are you fucking idiot? Insecure? If I was insecure, I would not have tagged like million peoples to ask their opinions.

The only problem here is that idiots (mostly indians) here start shitting the thread with naming "Indra Gandhi" as most influential person in history. Are you fucking kidding me?

Many senior members open threads in the "Senior section" where only senior members can reply. Oh, they are insecure too? because they don't want opinions of retards like you? What an utter retard.

PS, Present for Muslims is still better than present for indians. I wonder what 'humiliation' you talk about when real humiliation is that millions of indians work "for" Muslims throughout the Arab World..and get "paid" by Muslim masters of theirs.

Don't derail the thread and **** off.

Isaac Newton
Broke the code of nature. Showed humans how nature works so now they can mimic it for their benefit. Increased human capability by more than a hundred times. Without him the human population would have never crossed the billion mark.

Hey, can you explain your comment. I'm curious....

Write the achievements/breakthroughs of Newton and how it effected humanity. It will be good for the readers.

Last edited:

Write the achievements/breakthroughs of Newton and how it effected humanity. It will be good for the readers.
Sir you need to study calculus. :coffee:
Man became able to set up automata, meaning how we just push a button and the thing goes off to moon. To set up systems like dominos. We push only the first domino and the rest happens all by itself. Minor inputs cause large changes like in driving a car. Because everything has been configured according to laws of nature.

Last edited:
Buddha undoubtedly .... no war no bloodshed no hate for others still he has followers in entire globe living peacefully n spreading his message. .. ........
Second is mother Teresa a lady who served her whole life for humanity. ......
Third is swami vivekanand .......

Fourth Jesus without fighting a single war he has largest follower on earth.....
Fifth martin Luther. ...
Sixth Abraham Lincoln
Seven George Washington....

APJ ABDUL KALAM......

Buddha was influential I agree but not as much as Jesus Christ and Muhammad (pbuh). Jesus Christ was more of a preacher and Muhammad (pbuh) was both preacher and warrior. I admit, he fought several wars but every war was waged by the opponent group first.

Buddhism says there will be final Buddha coming after Buddha whose name is Maitreya.

Who is Maitreya? May be Muhammad (pbuh).

Maitreya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Muslim scholars who studied Buddhist texts believe that Maitreya is "Rahmatu lil-'alameen" (Mercy for The Worlds), which is the name for the prophet Muhammad as it is said in the Qur'an.[22] According to the research on the book Antim Buddha - Maitreya scholars have surmised that Maitreya Buddha is Muhammad.[23] After examining the Buddhist texts researchers concluded that Muhammad had been the last and final awakened Buddha to come into existence long after the current teachings.[24]

Last edited:
Mohammed, Jesus for obvious reasons. Half the world's population comprises of their followers together.

Isaac Newton, Einstein. Shaped modern Mathematics/Physics. Is he reason for many, many great inventions.

Shakespeare. Basically created English, the international language of the world.

George Washington, Colombus, Hitler, Abraham Lincoln etc

:cool: Raegan, brought the Berlin Wall down without firing a single bullet.

So?

The main point is that according to the sources, the punishment was given by an ex-rabbi on the demand of Banu Quraiza and punishment was according to Jewish law.

The main thing here is blaming Muhammad for Banu Qaraiza's death doesn't make any sense. He was not the one who ordered the punishment

Are you fucking idiot? Insecure? If I was insecure, I would not have tagged like million peoples to ask their opinions.

The only problem here is that idiots (mostly indians) here start shitting the thread with naming "Indra Gandhi" as most influential person in history. Are you fucking kidding me?

Many senior members open threads in the "Senior section" where only senior members can reply. Oh, they are insecure too? because they don't want opinions of retards like you? What an utter retard.

PS, Present for Muslims is still better than present for indians. I wonder what 'humiliation' you talk about when real humiliation is that millions of indians work "for" Muslims throughout the Arab World..and get "paid" by Muslim masters of theirs.

Don't derail the thread and **** off.

yup like every bearded guy is stopped at airport, majority of muslim countries are in tumoil...idiot....comparing that with indions. And *** 0 indira gandhi single handled carved a nation.......thats an achivement equilent to jinnah's, i dont see you talking about your idiot pakistanis's when they say jinnah,....so why not indiara.....bloody insecure idiot....no matter what the opinion of another person you will bring in your points to prove muhhamad as superior.

yup like every bearded guy is stopped at airport, majority of muslim countries are in tumoil...idiot....comparing that with indions. And *** 0 indira gandhi single handled carved a nation.......thats an achivement equilent to jinnah's, i dont see you talking about your idiot pakistanis's when they say jinnah,....so why not indiara.....bloody insecure idiot....no matter what the opinion of another person you will bring in your points to prove muhhamad as superior.

Whatever dude.

Indira Gandi > Muhammad.

For sure...

Buddha was influential I agree but not as much as Jesus Christ and Muhammad (pbuh). Jesus Christ was more of a preacher and Muhammad (pbuh) was both preacher and warrior. I admit, he fought several wars but every war was waged by the opponent group first.

Buddhism says there will be final Buddha coming after Buddha whose name is Maitreya.

Who is Maitreya? May be Muhammad (pbuh).

Maitreya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Muslim scholars who studied Buddhist texts believe that Maitreya is "Rahmatu lil-'alameen" (Mercy for The Worlds), which is the name for the prophet Muhammad as it is said in the Qur'an.[22] According to the research on the book Antim Buddha - Maitreya scholars have surmised that Maitreya Buddha is Muhammad.[23] After examining the Buddhist texts researchers concluded that Muhammad had been the last and final awakened Buddha to come into existence long after the current teachings.[24]
Muhammad cant be compared to budha .... Muhammed actions was opposite to teachings of Buddha. ...... Buddha preached about non violence ,peace, self evolution, good karmas n etc ........ He never asked or forced people to follow his path instead he Instructed his followers to chose the path their own....... Buddha never discriminate among people based on gender cast religion. .....
For me personally it is most scientific n logical religion in modern world......
Influence of Buddha is such that you can see his followers across world n none is misguided. ...... When taliban demolished the Baminan sculptures they criticise the action but refrained in retaliating ...... For me that is called influence of his teaching ....... Had it been Muslims or Christian or Hindus they would not have shown such maturity n would have issued fatwa n other things....

Now let me type for you my avatars tag line of Buddha - Conquer yourself than winning thousands battles than victory is yours n cant be stolen snatched by angels or demons. ....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom