What's new

Who was the greatest mathematician of ancient and medieval India

yeah I agree with what you wrote here.

But people like you are in a minority.

And what is more, in my experience, educated people in Pakistan tend to stay silent on social issues, rather than taking the lead.

Even in India, inspite of having zero radicalization, we have so many social issues.Case in point being quota system which actually promotes casteism, the thing it was designed to tackle.Politicians have created dynasties based on quota system in India.This is especially exacerbated in medical field.

All this has actually made me disillusioned with India.I can not live in a society which does not give right to equality.In my college 82% seats are reserved for this and that quota.These "backward people" have iphones and tablet computers.I have made my mind to immigrate to US.I think it will take about 200 years for society to mature in South Asia, just like slavery only ended in 1960s in the US after being abolished following Civil war.

I plan on starting a NGO to make reservations for economically poor only.
/rant over

Pingala has the origin in Afganistan Pakistan area I think he is related to a Sanskrit poet Panini.
Panini and Pingala are different persons . Panini was from Kashmir and one of his greatest work was the Ashtadhyai which was I guess a work on Sanskrit grammar and consisted of eight chapters,hence the name.

Pingala has the origin in Afganistan Pakistan area I think he is related to a Sanskrit poet Panini.

Wikipedia says he was either related to Panini or Patanjali. Panini was from Pushkalavati in Gandhara(present day Pakistan) while Patanjali was from Tamil Nadu.

Panini and Pingala are different persons . Panini was from Kashmir and one of his greatest work was the Ashtadhyai which was I guess a work on Sanskrit grammar and consisted of eight chapters,hence the name.

Panini wasn't from Kashmir but Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa of Pakistan. In ancient times, those areas weren't inhabited by ancestors of Pashtuns but the Indic Gandharian people.

from wiki

Pingala (Devanagari: पिङ्गल piṅgala) is the traditional name of the author of the Chandaḥśāstra (also Chandaḥsūtra), the earliest known Sanskrit treatise on prosody.

Little is known about Piṅgala himself. In Indian literary tradition, he is variously identified either as the younger brother of Pāṇini (4th century BCE), or as Patañjali, the author of the Mahabhashya (2nd century BCE).

Pāṇini (Sanskrit: पाणिनि, IPA: [pɑːɳin̪i]; a patronymic meaning "descendant of Paṇi") was a Sanskrit grammarian from Pushkalavati, Gandhara, in modern day Charsadda District of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan (fl. 6th century BCE).

You should have made a poll. Furthermore you could have given information about these great mathemeticians rather than just giving their names. I am afraid I have heard of none.

@Srinavas are you taught about these mathemeticians at school in India?

It unfortunate that kids here would probably know only 2-3 names and their work... Ancient India was a power house in mathematics... but people only know about zero... I am waiting to see some chinese joker come here and say even zero was brought by some one else.

The Western and Islamic world have had such a bad impact on our culture that we have forgotten ourselves... and have become barbaric just like them.

You should have made a poll. Furthermore you could have given information about these great mathemeticians rather than just giving their names. I am afraid I have heard of none.
You are right. So I changed my first post

yeah I agree with what you wrote here.

But people like you are in a minority.

And what is more, in my experience, educated people in Pakistan tend to stay silent on social issues, rather than taking the lead.

Even in India, inspite of having zero radicalization, we have so many social issues.Case in point being quota system which actually promotes casteism, the thing it was designed to tackle.Politicians have created dynasties based on quota system in India.This is especially exacerbated in medical field.

All this has actually made me disillusioned with India.I can not live in a society which does not give right to equality.In my college 82% seats are reserved for this and that quota.These "backward people" have iphones and tablet computers.I have made my mind to immigrate to US.I think it will take about 200 years for society to mature in South Asia, just like slavery only ended in 1960s in the US after being abolished following Civil war.

I plan on starting a NGO to make reservations for economically poor only.
/rant over

yes its true, educated muslims are pulled into conflict between religious/social identity, moreso in the modern world when all religious cultural norms are being questioned and changed, muslims mainly retreat into stunned silence or reflexive shows of religiosity.

too many have lost and forgotten their intellectual history and now only find the dumb (saudi wahabi) mullah in the place of a learned, sincere and intelligent leader who can combine spirituality and intellect within the modern world!

good luck with your ambitions.

In my knowledge Bharskara and AryaBhatta are very good.

These guys have super minds and they have calculated complex mathematical equations in those ages.

You have no idea about Vedic mathematics mate, Your history started when Qasim butchered your people.

You do realize that you can't just change your ancestry by accepting the true religion? As much as you like to wank about superior aryan race

You do realize that you can't just change your ancestry by accepting the true religion? As much as you like to wank about superior aryan race

First of all All the mathematicians most of them are from Kerala, Maharastra, Bengal one of them is from Kyberphaktoonkawa.

Secondly Aryan is not a race but a collection of Language speaking tribes stretching from Bengal to central asia.

Thirdly there is no such thing as true faith or true religion, there is a concept called "Karma" in Hinduism "when you do good Karma even if you anger GOD you will receive good", When you do bad deed even if you pray to GOD you will receive your punishment.

I am a firm believer of the Karma principle and I do not want any holy texts to guide me like Kindergarten student.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom