What's new

Who was the Greatest Emperor in South Asian History?

Who was the Greatest emperor in South Asia?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After reading the list, I realise what a mess this region has been.

Great Addition to This Thread by @niaz and @Joe Shearer . By and large i find post by you guys very enlightening .

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are the british not on the list?

Also there were greek administrators left by Alexander.

I don't think this thread will be able to find such an answer.

As I had written earlier, Indians will always prefer Akbar over the other Mughals. But for majority of muslims Aurangzeb was a better ruler. It is a waste of time to argue.

:sniper:
I am simply talking of aurangzebs performance as an emperor. He is practically the reason for the mughal downfall. His performance ranks helow that of akbar.

Finding it hard to believe that Stupid and cruel Aurangzeb has double digit where as Akbar the great has only single digit % in the poll!

Alauddin khilji should be on the list.I have no love for the megalomaniac,but his achievements are very impressive.
Largest standing army.Crushing of mongol invasions.First incursions into south india,most powerful sultan of the delhi sultanate,destroyed power of both the nobility and the ulema,efficient economic and market control policy that made price of goods very cheap and allowed for a huge standing army.
Against these goes brutal pillager,ultra megalomaniac,no respect for human life and enormous taxation.

Finding it hard to believe that Stupid and cruel Aurangzeb has double digit where as Akbar the great has only single digit % in the poll!

Shouldn't that be obvious on a Pakistani forum? :confused:

It has to, be Alao'ddin Khilji,for saving us from the slaughter by the barbarian mongols.

It has to, be Alao'ddin Khilji,for saving us from the slaughter by the barbarian mongols.

His two notable generals Gen. Gazi Malik and Malik Kafur were also remarkable. In Battle of Amroha, the invading Mongol army was ambushed and crushed by both Gen. Gazi Malik and Gen. Malik Kafur, they took many of the Mongol soldiers alive including the Mongol Generals taken captive alive. They then took the Mongol generals brought them back to Alauddin Khilji and A.Khilji had the Mongol generals trampled by elephants.

I think ASHOKA was and will be great.........but AKBAR was also a good leader who walked on the footsteps of ASKOKA..

IMO nobody comes close to Ashoka the Great. Not only he was able to unite n ruler such a vast empire streaching from Afghanistan n Iran to Southern most parts of India, he was also one of the main reasons for spreading Buddhism n creating knowledge centres in the Subcontinent.

Then i would put Chadragupta on 2nd spot for estabishing such a powerful empire at such young age n that too from scratch, however i think its Chanakya who deserves the real credit for his success.

Lastly, i would say its Akbar who deserves recognition for establishing tolerance in the Subcontinent n laying the true foundation of the longest n one of the largest empires in the history of the Subcontinent.:)

Aurangzeb was the best emperor in history of india. he lived a simple and humble life and gave his people all the rights they deserve

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom