What's new

Who remembers this scene from Saving Private Ryan ?

@waz @Gomig-21 @Nilgiri

I remember the first time I've seen this scene,totally unexpected and made me laugh for hours. :partay:

Lol yep, but from my own grandfather's accounts it was seldom so comical or pretty, in fact it was horrible and very messy. Although he used to chuckle and the clean cut effectiveness of the Gurkhas.

Saving Private Ryan is one of the greatest films of all time!

I also highly recommend to watch the HBO series Band of Brothers.

It's great, but so is this;

Where%2BEagles%2BDare%2BTerror%2Bbehind%2BHeader.JPG

Saving Private Ryan doesn't have the legendary soundtrack this has.

I love history what's why I enjoy the war documentaries better the the BS movies
I dont know why but i feel like all modern wars should be as they were in the past i.e face to face war in a place far from civilians areas where you had to fight and win because of your skills and strength rather than pressing one button and wipe out entire villages including children and women

I watch this movie every summer almost like it's some kind of annual ritual lol.

Anyone remember this disturbing scene? I know it often gets cut when the movie is aired on TV:

That one has always bugged me... :(

It's great, but so is this;

Where%2BEagles%2BDare%2BTerror%2Bbehind%2BHeader.JPG

Saving Private Ryan doesn't have the legendary soundtrack this has.

Ahhh a connoisseur! Broadsword calling Danny boy! :)

The whole escape montage at the end was some great stuff indeed, and yes the whole Goodwin soundtrack was one of the best ever....never has a snare drum been so expertly used!

Couple other of my favourite war movie soundtracks:

Cpl more great ones by Goodwin:

Saving Private Ryan is one of the greatest films of all time!

I also highly recommend to watch the HBO series Band of Brothers.

Dunkirk May now have officially unseated SPR as the greatest war movie purely based on the direction and realism of war depicted as opposed to the dramatized fictional accounts.

Though the first scene in SPR at the beaches of Normandy has yet to create an equal.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom