What's new

WHO certifies India polio-free

Eleven countries, including India, was certified polio-free on Thursday by an independent commission of the World Health Organisation (WHO) with no case of the disease being reported in the country for three years.

Congratulations to all 11 countries specially India (given its population) on this milestone achievement.

Well done!

Great job :tup:

keep up the good work !

can anyone please tell me which diseases where eradicated till now in india ?

just for future reference and comparison with the situation in iran . iran was polio free since 1997 .

again , i congratulate you guys !! great work indeed !!

Great job :tup:

keep up the good work !

can anyone please tell me which diseases where eradicated till now in india ?

just for future reference and comparison with the situation in iran . iran was polio free since 1997 .

again , i congratulate you guys !! great work indeed !!

Thanks Doc ..... :cheers:

Bangladesh too is polio free.only 3 neighbours remained-Pakistan,Afghanistan and China(though China isn't in South East Asia).

@Sher Malang

buddy,whats the condition of Polio vaccination program in Afghanistan??its really sad to see Afghanistan out of the list.is Taliban one of the main opponent of this vaccination program in Afghanistan too??

No Afghan Taliban haven't targeted polio eradication in Afghanistan but at times our polio vaccinaters have been target of their IEDs; few months ago WHO declared Peshawar city the base of polio outbreak in Afghanistan because of border movements so both Pakistan and Afghanistan have to mutually eradicate polio but still polio cases in Afghanistan is quite low compared to Pakistan it was 14 last year.

No Afghan Taliban haven't targeted polio eradication in Afghanistan but at times our polio vaccinaters have been target of their IEDs; few months ago WHO declared Peshawar city the base of polio outbreak in Afghanistan because of border movements so both Pakistan and Afghanistan have to mutually eradicate polio but still polio cases in Afghanistan is quite low compared to Pakistan it was 14 last year.
Your gov should pair up with Imran khan's gov, he launched a huge campaign against it and it's still on going.

well done....and immense thanks to the vaccination program workers.
bowdown.gif

80% of the funding was done by Indian Government around $2 Billion,so thanks to the Indian Taxpayers :enjoy:
True! Even Rotary club helped quite a bit. I loved the way Bill Gates and his foundation analyzed and encouraged other players in properly implementing the vaccination drive.

Back
Top Bottom