What's new

Who Blocks The Web Cam On Their Laptop ?

boomslang

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've read stuff where hackers and 'others' can activate the web cam on your computer or lap top without you knowing. The light won't even go on. After I read that, I immediately put a piece of black tape over it. Anyone else get freaked out and do this ?

I've read stuff where hackers and 'others' can activate the web cam on your computer or lap top without you knowing. The light won't even go on. After I read that, I immediately put a piece of black tape over it. Anyone else get freaked out and do this ?
I read that and then decided, if they ever manage to open up my cam, my face is enough to scare them to death! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Which might not be such a bad thing after all!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Yes. Its very possible. I wouldn't worry about hackers (doing it) as much as I would worry about the NSA.

Come on, you were just about to eat your microwave dinner. Oh well, I still have your camera phone and mic on! :eek:

Nice wood flooring, by the way.

Yes. Its very possible. I wouldn't worry about hackers (doing it) as much as I would worry about the NSA.

See, I'm not worried about the NSA because I don't do anything to worry about. I'm sure they browse this site from time to time. Who cares ?

Come on, you were just about to eat your microwave dinner. Oh well, I still have your camera phone and mic on! :eek:

Nice wood flooring, by the way.

I only eat popcorn from the mic, but I DO have a pretty nice wood floor. Give me a minute while I find my tin foil hat.:rofl:

Actually they can hack your mike and make your laptop like audio transmitter. If you use chrome browser there some setting which may actually lead you to this trouble since you can allow websites mice access. You can do some Googling for more details.

Last edited:
Actually they can hack your mice and make your laptop like audio transmitter. If you use chrome browser there some setting which may actually lead you to this trouble since you can allow websites mice access. You can do some Googling for more details.

Yeah, I've read where 'they' can turn on your microphone, too. F*CK 'EM !!! I'll fart into it !!!

See, I'm not worried about the NSA because I don't do anything to worry about. I'm sure they browse this site from time to time. Who cares ?

They have people on this forum. It is known. :D
Well I don't do anything illegal either, but I don't want to imagine myself being recorded while I'm in an embarrassing situation.
Its usually random, for example Skype, Yahoo, etc clients are known to take snaps once in a while. They won't do long recordings unless its necessary, because high volume transmissions are fairly easy to detect whereas a photo snap every several minute is not.

:disagree::disagree:
yes there some programmes like "remote desktop viewer , remote assistance " or something that can turn or your webcam , but those software are needed to be installed in your computer and are usually done by pervs through social engineering..
I have put a band-aid plastered on my webcam even though I've a very-very slow internet connection ,use a linux distro and i m a very ugly looking male.. yeah, you know ,just in case..:what:

I live by the principal that if it is man-made, it can be man-broken. Almost every device and code is made with backdoors and exploitable holes.

Am I interesting enough for someone to spy on? No. But if I was a diplomat, high-profile executive, or irresistibly gorgeous woman, I would probably take a few extra precautions with everything personal that can be accessed electronically.

i have successfully turned my friend's webcam on using a rat. it was pretty fun after i gained full access.

Back
Top Bottom