What's new

Which per capita mosque can surpass China?

If you dont understand others views then speak with respect and not ignorance. There is Allah in our world, respect it
I have no intention of offending!
just to explain a premise: China is a non-religious country. His definition is: the government is the ruler of the country. There are no groups, individuals, or religions that can transcend the Constitution. It also includes the government.

The mosque in Xinjiang, China is built by state financial subsidies, and the financial subsidies come from taxes. As a taxpayer, I think I am qualified to talk about my own views. Because it contains my contribution, although very few.

Last edited:
1,Since the Han Dynasty (202 BC - 220 AD), the Xinjiang region has officially become part of the Chinese territory. After the Han Dynasty, any dynasty regarded the Western Region as its homeland and exercised jurisdiction over the region.

2,The main body of the Uyghur ancestors was the Hui people in the Sui and Tang Dynasties, and the activities were in the Mongolian Plateau. Historically, slaves were enslaved. Both are slavery and slavery, and Uighurs are not descendants of Turks.

3,The constitutional principle of freedom of religious belief: respecting the freedom to believe in religion and respecting the freedom to not believe in religion.
Religious extremism is anti-human, anti-social, anti-civil, anti-religious
The Uyghurs’ belief in Islam was not the result of the people’s initiative to convert and transform, but the result of religious wars and compulsory ruling classes.

4,Xinjiang has religions such as Islam, Buddhism, Taoism, Christianity, Catholicism, and Orthodox Church. There are 24,800 religious venues such as mosques, churches, monasteries, and Taoist temples, and 29,300 religious personnel. Among them, there are 24,400 mosques, 59 Buddhist temples, 1 Taoist temple, 227 Christian churches (party points), 26 Catholic churches (meeting points), and 3 Orthodox churches (meeting points).

900/2.44=368.85 Which country’s per capita mosque can exceed this number? Don’t turn a blind eye to it. If China wants to eliminate Muslims, then they will not even have a mosque.

Not only in Muslim regions, check out this video, it's Lanzhou.
How many Mosques are within 3 kilometers in Lanzhou, Gansu province , China
They lost count, over a dozen.

Those guys were shocked to find that there are over a dozen of mosques within 3 kiometers in Lanzhou city, capital of Gansu province.

Just because Chinese wan't like the american, doesn't mean Xinjiang wasn't part of China. American eliminated and genocided entire Indian and took their land and now those lands are firmly in white's hand and there's no Indian movement, because they are all dead. Chinese didn't resort to genocide and elimination and for the most part allow Uighur to rule, although the territory and defense was firmly under the Chinese dynasty rules with China mostly appoint a symbolic "governor" to the rule Xinjiang. So yes, Xinjiang has been part of China for hundreds of years. You are basically saying Chinese made a mistake of not getting rid of the Uighur like Americans did to Indians hundreds of years ago.

Technically, there are four million native Indians, and of course, the Europeans who became Americans were responsible for there genocide. But the native Indians should also look within. Instead of becoming united they were fighting each other and flip-flopped between different camps when the French fought against the British. By then it was too late to change the outcome. When did I state the Chinese made a mistake of not getting rid of the Uyghur's? This is your assumption. Read what I said carefully in my first post brother. Iranian's have a greater claim to controlling 22 countries than China has to Xinjiang if we base it upon ruling land and history. But such an idea is illogical. I have said multiple times Xinjiang belongs to China but don't base your legitimacy on history.

Not only in Muslim regions, check out this video, it's Lanzhou.
How many Mosques are within 3 kilometers in Lanzhou, Gansu province , China
They lost count, over a dozen.

Those guys were shocked to find that there are over a dozen of mosques within 3 kiometers in Lanzhou city, capital of Gansu province.

I stayed on this street for 18 days, and the hotel was on the left side of the car at the beginning of the video.

Wrong. I am one of the biggest supporters of China on this forum. But when someone peddles a revision of history then it must be taken apart. Xinjiang belongs to China, but much of its history if you bothered to study it was independent of Han Chinese rule. Only the Han, Tang, Liao and Ching dynasty controlled the region of which the longest one was under the Ching and even that was contested many times. Then again the Ching dynasty themselves weren't even Han. Therefore, we can tick them off the lists.
Xinjiang was indeed part of Han dynasty, long , long before Uighurs ancestors came down from today's Mongolia and killed off the original local population, different people come and go after that over the history. Honestly I admit that Tibet joined China much much later than Xinjiang

I thank you first for saying that you are the biggest supporter of China. But please face the facts:

1,The Han nationality cannot represent China, and no other ethnic group can represent China. China is a multi-ethnic country.

I have great respect for the Chinese people and China as a whole. I agree China has 56 ethnic groups and is a multi-ethnic country. I would know since I have lived inside China and travelled extensively. But brother you don't have to prove your legitimacy based upon history. Instead, focus on the modern state of China and what good policies the Govt has done for the people. What the Qing dynasty did under its rule is irrelevant to the CPC.

y.

2,The ancient Chinese rulers also have other nationalities, not just the Qing Dynasty. This is normal. Don't deduct China from the Han people. I am a Han nationality, but I am only a part of the Chinese nation. If you can't understand this premise, any of our discussions will be Is superfluous

But then you must respect the Muslim's who live in your country. After all of the 56 ethnic groups, ten of them are Muslim. I don't understand why there was a need to open a thread on this topic. Of course, there will be thousands of mosque because this region was controlled by the Muslims. Since Muslim's need to pray five times a day such facilities had to be provided. The CPC didn't make these mosques, these were made by Muslim rulers,
so I don't know why you have to open a thread on per capita mosque. You do know there is 2000 mosque in Britain and this is quite huge when you take into consideration Muslim's have no history within the country except for within the last 150 years. Muslim's have been in China since the 7th century.

3,I read my own history. As for your history, this question can only be quarreled by historians.

But I have read some of your history:) You see brother not only have I lived and worked in China, but most of my best friends are Chinese who live in Chengdu, Dalian, Beijing, Shanghai, Kunming and Hong Kong. Furthermore, a person who only reads his own history then is prone to remain ignorant. Knowledge is power never allow your scope to be limited brother. Remember I support China's stance in Xinjiang.

4,The Communist Party is not a religion. Please distinguish the relationship between religion and the ruler or the government. China is a country where politics and religion are separated, and the constitution stipulates that religion cannot go beyond the government. This is the same as most countries in the world.

Yes the CPC isn't religious I agree. But calling them Communists is a joke. Such a term does not apply to them, not with the current system in place. I never said politics and religion should be mixed in China. But Muslim's don't have to show gratitude on the premise there is 24,000 mosque in China. After all, you accepted the notion China is more than Han and since these are historical buildings created by Muslim's I fail to see the link between per capital mosque in China under CPC rule and different countries. If you asked me the question does China oppress Muslim's my answer would be no. I have argued with my own fellow-countrymen on this topic and have received verbal abuse. I don't really care about there opinion since they have shown there true low-class character and hypocrisy. I have answered your fifth point above. Don't be offended by my post brother, I want you to understand to win hearts and minds don't focus on history in order to explain the CPC legitimacy over Xinjiang.

Xinjiang was indeed part of Han dynasty, long , long before Uighurs ancestors came down from today's Mongolia and killed off the original local population, different people come and go after that over the history. Honestly I admit that Tibet joined China much much later than Xinjiang

Brother, I did state in my previous post that Xinjiang was part of the Han dynasty. My only point was to highlight the fact that the CPC shouldn't base their legitimacy on history. End of the day brother, history is written by the victor including Muslim history, therefore instead of focusing on the past, why don't the Chinese look at Govt policy and how lives have changed for the better in Xinjiang. What happened in the Han dynasty has no bearing on the people of China or Xinjiang at the present.

My main purpose is: The Chinese government does not "eliminate Muslims." On the contrary, in the case of unfairness to other ethnic groups, the government additionally supports Muslim beliefs in mosques, education, and welfare! (These support is limited to individual ethnic groups. This is the taxpayer's money. You talk about your understanding of China. So, do you know that Muslims can get 20 points for their religious status?)

You are more concerned about history. Of course, I am also willing to discuss. I must use Google Translate. The expression is not necessarily accurate. I must explain it first.

Start my reply below:

I have great respect for the Chinese people and China as a whole. I agree China has 56 ethnic groups and is a multi-ethnic country. I would know since I have lived inside China and travelled extensively. But brother you don't have to prove your legitimacy based upon history. Instead, focus on the modern state of China and what good policies the Govt has done for the people. What the Qing dynasty did under its rule is irrelevant to the CPC.

I agree with you: "focus on the modern state of China and what good policies the Govt has done for the people"
Of course, it can be better. What my thread wants to explain is exactly: the Chinese government is trying hard to do well. If there is something wrong, and there is no disrespect for other opinions, we just don't like to smear.

But, However, please respect China's historical tradition. China is a country with a linear inheritance for thousands of years. This is quite special in the world. Every dynasty in history has followed the land and governance of the previous dynasty, so, the dynasty 3000 years ago-What was under the rule of the Qing Dynasty 100 years ago, is a heritage relationship (you can understand that the father passed to his son, although his son killed his father, but he inherited the inheritance),
When the Chinese talk about a territory, they will look for legitimacy from history, when they will lose something, and when they will get back. This is China’s most basic historical law. It has been like this for thousands of years. China is not a colonial country. In short, the Qing Dynasty did What has an inheritance relationship with China now.

(In addition, the Communist Party now represents the Chinese government. You said that it has nothing to do with the Communist Party. I will treat you as a China for the time being, although your name is not accurate.I am not a member of the Communist Party, but the correct name is respect for a country.Like I call Pakistan not to call it PTI)

But then you must respect the Muslim's who live in your country. After all of the 56 ethnic groups, ten of them are Muslim. I don't understand why there was a need to open a thread on this topic. Of course, there will be thousands of mosque because this region was controlled by the Muslims. Since Muslim's need to pray five times a day such facilities had to be provided. The CPC didn't make these mosques, these were made by Muslim rulers,
so I don't know why you have to open a thread on per capita mosque. You do know there is 2000 mosque in Britain and this is quite huge when you take into consideration Muslim's have no history within the country except for within the last 150 years. Muslim's have been in China since the 7th century.

I respect or disrespect Muslims is my personal business, but I respect the government's policies (even if I have other opinions on the policy, but I support them). As for the reason why I open a new thread, I have already explained at the beginning, I hope to ban the smear. Although I know it doesn't work.

These places are not controlled by Muslims. Please remember that all parts of China are controlled by the government and are not controlled by any one ethnic group. There are more than a dozen ethnic groups in Xinjiang, not only Uygur, Han, but also Kazakh/Uzbek/Korke/Russian /Manchu/Xibo/Mongolian/Tajik...They have always lived in this land

I don't know what you said: These mosques are not what the Chinese government built. There were 25,000 mosques in Xinjiang before 1949? The Chinese government has dismantled 600 and now there are 24,400 seats left? You said that you know China?
Why do you want to say UK? Because China is less than the UK? Or does China have higher per capita GDP than the UK? Or do you know UK Muslims? But why don't you say Pakistan?

But I have read some of your history:) You see brother not only have I lived and worked in China, but most of my best friends are Chinese who live in Chengdu, Dalian, Beijing, Shanghai, Kunming and Hong Kong. Furthermore, a person who only reads his own history then is prone to remain ignorant. Knowledge is power never allow your scope to be limited brother. Remember I support China's stance in Xinjiang.

I read Chinese history and also read world history. I studied Western art, so for the modern European Mediterranean, the history of the two rivers also have learning. My history knowledge is not rich, just the most basic understanding.
But I follow the history of our history textbooks. I won't change easily until there is a clearer and more credible historical description. I don't believe in Wikipedia that everyone can edit.

Yes the CPC isn't religious I agree. But calling them Communists is a joke. Such a term does not apply to them, not with the current system in place. I never said politics and religion should be mixed in China. But Muslim's don't have to show gratitude on the premise there is 24,000 mosque in China. After all, you accepted the notion China is more than Han and since these are historical buildings created by Muslim's I fail to see the link between per capital mosque in China under CPC rule and different countries. If you asked me the question does China oppress Muslim's my answer would be no. I have argued with my own fellow-countrymen on this topic and have received verbal abuse. I don't really care about there opinion since they have shown there true low-class character and hypocrisy. I have answered your fifth point above. Don't be offended by my post brother, I want you to understand to win hearts and minds don't focus on history in order to explain the CPC legitimacy over Xinjiang.

If you think that the Chinese Communist Party is a joke (I don't know if my understanding is right or not, my English is very poor), we will not be able to talk. The Communist Party is the only legitimate government in China. I don't know why you must mention the Communist Party more than once. What is "not with the current system in place"?

If you think that you understand history, including Chinese history, then please go to understand 100 years ago, 50 years ago, 30 years ago, 20 years ago. 5 years ago. Chinese Muslims (China is not only Muslims but also other ethnic groups, you can also understand) about their social statu, quality of life, education, life expectancy, and so on.
If you feel too much trouble, the simplest comparison: the number of Chinese Muslims and mosques in 1950 and 2018. If you feel unreliable, I suggest you go to Xinjiang for 10-20 days to talk to the locals. I understand. I am very happy. As a guide.

Brother, I did state in my previous post that Xinjiang was part of the Han dynasty. My only point was to highlight the fact that the CPC shouldn't base their legitimacy on history. End of the day brother, history is written by the victor including Muslim history, therefore instead of focusing on the past, why don't the Chinese look at Govt policy and how lives have changed for the better in Xinjiang. What happened in the Han dynasty has no bearing on the people of China or Xinjiang at the present.
I have already answered this question. The Chinese are a country that emphasizes inheritance. It has been like this for thousands of years. If you can't understand it, I have no better way. This is one of the laws of international law compliance.

Re-emphasizing that the Han Dynasty has an undeniable relationship with China now.

Last edited:
My main purpose is: The Chinese government does not "eliminate Muslims." On the contrary, in the case of unfairness to other ethnic groups, the government additionally supports Muslim beliefs in mosques, education, and welfare! (These support is limited to individual ethnic groups. This is the taxpayer's money. You talk about your understanding of China. So, do you know that Muslims can get 20 points for their religious status?)

I have been in this forum since 2013 and most Chinese members are familiar with my views. What you are stating I have said hundreds of times over the years. You aren't talking to someone who is ignorant of your country in regards to history, social customs, politics and traditions.

If you want to prove the Chinese Govt doesn't oppress Muslims then you must look at the present rather than focusing on the per capita mosque when most of them were built by Muslim's in the past. That doesn't mean the Govt doesn't fund projects which are important to the Muslim community. Like for example in Beijing, the local Govt renovated old mosques. All minority groups get benefits in China, what your telling me isn't a revelation. Let me be honest with you if the Chinese Govt didn't support the Muslim's then they would get funding abroad, but since the CPC Govt doesn't want that then it's doing the logical action of funding the community itself. This is called a trade-off.

You are more concerned about history. Of course, I am also willing to discuss. I must use Google Translate. The expression is not necessarily accurate. I must explain it first.

Start my reply below:

It's quite obvious why I am concerned about history. You have stated which nation in the world allowed 24,000 mosques to be built in their country, and I have responded by stating these were built by Muslim's not the present CPC Govt. Otherwise, Xinjiang would've temples on Chinese folklore deities.

I agree with you: "focus on the modern state of China and what good policies the Govt has done for the people"
Of course, it can be better. What my thread wants to explain is exactly: the Chinese government is trying hard to do well. If there is something wrong, and there is no disrespect for other opinions, we just don't like to smear.

Your first sentence is what I have been advocating so far in this thread. Focus on the present situation of Xinjiang and the policies of the Govt. I have been to the region, and I know the Govt has no intention to cause oppression to the people. However, the tension between the Uyghurs and Han is real and this must be resolved. Both sides are to be blamed, however, the Uyghurs must learn to integrate and not live in isolation.

Start my reply .

But, However, please respect China's historical tradition. China is a country with a linear inheritance for thousands of years. This is quite special in the world. Every dynasty in history has followed the land and governance of the previous dynasty, so, the dynasty 3000 years ago-What was under the rule of the Qing Dynasty 100 years ago, is a heritage relationship (you can understand that the father passed to his son, although his son killed his father, but he inherited the inheritance),
When the Chinese talk about a territory, they will look for legitimacy from history, when they will lose something, and when they will get back. This is China’s most basic historical law. It has been like this for thousands of years. China is not a colonial country. In short, the Qing Dynasty did What has an inheritance relationship with China now.

I have no problem with China's historical tradition. But you must remember, what is fashionable in China doesn't mean it applies to the rest of the world. This is why I have stated don't use history as a tool for legitimacy over Xinjiang because the world won't buy it and the Chinese Govt wants to convince them. This strategy has made China's soft image weak. I don't like to say it, but its the truth and unless they don't change it then Xinjiang will always be a problem for China along with Tibet at the world stage.

(In addition, the Communist Party now represents the Chinese government. You said that it has nothing to do with the Communist Party. I will treat you as a China for the time being, although your name is not accurate.I am not a member of the Communist Party, but the correct name is respect for a country.Like I call Pakistan not to call it PTI)

Sorry, brother but this sentence does not make sense. The Communist Party of China represents the Chinese Govt, but they aren't Communists in ideology. That ship was sailed when Deng Xiaoping came to power. This is the problem when you use google translator its never accurate.

I respect or disrespect Muslims is my personal business, but I respect the government's policies (even if I have other opinions on the policy, but I support them). As for the reason why I open a new thread, I have already explained at the beginning, I hope to ban the smear. Although I know it doesn't work.

These places are not controlled by Muslims. Please remember that all parts of China are controlled by the government and are not controlled by any one ethnic group. There are more than a dozen ethnic groups in Xinjiang, not only Uygur, Han, but also Kazakh/Uzbek/Korke/Russian /Manchu/Xibo/Mongolian/Tajik...They have always lived in this land

Again, the problem with China's social issues in Xinjiang relates to your first sentence. Your only business should be to live in harmony with your neighbour and respect them. When you disrespect someone do you think they will remain silent and everything will be okay? You want to stop the smear campaign? I have defended China for more than 7 years on this forum and even during my University days, I use to debate against foreigners in issues regarding Tibet, Xinjiang, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Falong Gong. You have to use reasoning in a debate rather than looking at things in one dimension.

I have never denied the Muslim people were the only community who belonged to this land. By the way, the Tajik, Kazakhs and Uzbeks are also designated as an ethnic Muslim group. I was just highlighting how before 1954 the Han population in the region was small.

I don't know what you said: These mosques are not what the Chinese government built. There were 25,000 mosques in Xinjiang before 1949? The Chinese government has dismantled 600 and now there are 24,400 seats left? You said that you know China?
Why do you want to say UK? Because China is less than the UK? Or does China have higher per capita GDP than the UK? Or do you know UK Muslims? But why don't you say Pakistan?

Yes, I do know China:) If you read my post carefully then you should know why the UK was brought into the argument. China has a rich Muslim history since the 7th century. Therefore, it's bound to have more mosques than Britain because Muslim's have only been living inside the UK for only 150 years. It should be fairly obvious why I didn't use Pakistan. My country is a Muslim country, so why would I compare the number of Mosque in Pakistan to China? That makes no sense. It's more logical to use a non-Muslim state like Britain to China.

If you think that the Chinese Communist Party is a joke (I don't know if my understanding is right or not, my English is very poor), we will not be able to talk. The Communist Party is the only legitimate government in China. I don't know why you must mention the Communist Party more than once. What is "not with the current system in place"?

If you think that you understand history, including Chinese history, then please go to understand 100 years ago, 50 years ago, 30 years ago, 20 years ago. 5 years ago. Chinese Muslims (China is not only Muslims but also other ethnic groups, you can also understand) about their social statu, quality of life, education, life expectancy, and so on.

I never said the Chinese Communist Party is a joke. This is why using google translator isn't good. I have answered this question above. I actually admire the Party, and I don't need to read newspapers or books to come to that conclusion. In the past, I had many interactions with officials from the party. When I referred to the current system in place I was talking about capitalism. Communism hates capitalism hence why I said even in China people sometimes joke how the party isn't Communists.

I have been in this forum since 2013 and most Chinese members are familiar with my views. What you are stating I have said hundreds of times over the years. You aren't talking to someone who is ignorant of your country in regards to history, social customs, politics and traditions.

If you want to prove the Chinese Govt doesn't oppress Muslims then you must look at the present rather than focusing on the per capita mosque when most of them were built by Muslim's in the past. That doesn't mean the Govt doesn't fund projects which are important to the Muslim community. Like for example in Beijing, the local Govt renovated old mosques. All minority groups get benefits in China, what your telling me isn't a revelation. Let me be honest with you if the Chinese Govt didn't support the Muslim's then they would get funding abroad, but since the CPC Govt doesn't want that then it's doing the logical action of funding the community itself. This is called a trade-off.

It's quite obvious why I am concerned about history. You have stated which nation in the world allowed 24,000 mosques to be built in their country, and I have responded by stating these were built by Muslim's not the present CPC Govt. Otherwise, Xinjiang would've temples on Chinese folklore deities.

Your first sentence is what I have been advocating so far in this thread. Focus on the present situation of Xinjiang and the policies of the Govt. I have been to the region, and I know the Govt has no intention to cause oppression to the people. However, the tension between the Uyghurs and Han is real and this must be resolved. Both sides are to be blamed, however, the Uyghurs must learn to integrate and not live in isolation.

I have no problem with China's historical tradition. But you must remember, what is fashionable in China doesn't mean it applies to the rest of the world. This is why I have stated don't use history as a tool for legitimacy over Xinjiang because the world won't buy it and the Chinese Govt wants to convince them. This strategy has made China's soft image weak. I don't like to say it, but its the truth and unless they don't change it then Xinjiang will always be a problem for China along with Tibet at the world stage.

Sorry, brother but this sentence does not make sense. The Communist Party of China represents the Chinese Govt, but they aren't Communists in ideology. That ship was sailed when Deng Xiaoping came to power. This is the problem when you use google translator its never accurate.

Again, the problem with China's social issues in Xinjiang relates to your first sentence. Your only business should be to live in harmony with your neighbour and respect them. When you disrespect someone do you think they will remain silent and everything will be okay? You want to stop the smear campaign? I have defended China for more than 7 years on this forum and even during my University days, I use to debate against foreigners in issues regarding Tibet, Xinjiang, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Falong Gong. You have to use reasoning in a debate rather than looking at things in one dimension.

I have never denied the Muslim people were the only community who belonged to this land. By the way, the Tajik, Kazakhs and Uzbeks are also designated as an ethnic Muslim group. I was just highlighting how before 1954 the Han population in the region was small.

Yes, I do know China:) If you read my post carefully then you should know why the UK was brought into the argument. China has a rich Muslim history since the 7th century. Therefore, it's bound to have more mosques than Britain because Muslim's have only been living inside the UK for only 150 years. It should be fairly obvious why I didn't use Pakistan. My country is a Muslim country, so why would I compare the number of Mosque in Pakistan to China? That makes no sense. It's more logical to use a non-Muslim state like Britain to China.

I never said the Chinese Communist Party is a joke. This is why using google translator isn't good. I have answered this question above. I actually admire the Party, and I don't need to read newspapers or books to come to that conclusion. In the past, I had many interactions with officials from the party. When I referred to the current system in place I was talking about capitalism. Communism hates capitalism hence why I said even in China people sometimes joke how the party isn't Communists.

I am a realist, It is the best for you to be practical. Wear the fitted clothes on your body, Very simple question.

If the Chinese government manages Xinjiang with other foreign organizations, I can guarantee that Xinjiang will be very chaotic now.

If you think that Muslims living in Europe are all good, Explain that you don’t know much about the facts there. I often go to Europe, (I don't know them very well, only for general chat, news reading, I just know that many people in Europe hate Muslims.)
Relatively speaking, I don't hate Muslims, but I don't want to hear: "Hi, you should... ...", not bothering each other is the best.
I use Google Translate to help with reading. But I also understand most words.
It’s okay if you’re just joking about the Communist Party. I have kept a lot of posts against the Communist Party on my Weibo. This situation that hates the ruling party is widespread worldwide.

I also think that the Chinese government can do better, But respect each other before you want me to respect the Muslims. (Why do Muslims need special care? Not the other?Why Muslims Can Not Respect Chinese History?)

I seem to understand one thing. I hope this is a wrong understanding.
I don't want to argue about ideological issues. If you think that the capitalist system is better than any kind of system, Or socialism is better than a certain system, I am not willing to discuss it again, thank you for your reply.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom