What's new

Which language do you use to talk to your siblings?

OK this was on my mind, I think that the language that you use with your siblings is the language you are the most comfortable with, I talk to my siblings in crude villager type punjabi language of Gujranwala district. So which language you guys use to talk to your siblings?
Punjabi with brothers and Urdu with younger sister. Our mother forbade Punjabi with her.

Last edited:
You also added this "na" ending. I've encountered it quite a few times recently from Pakistani members..
lol. I don't recall ever using it. Might be subconscious from reading other posts that did it.

Damn peer influence.

That is also same for me, I almost never write a message in roman punjabi when I text my siblings, always roman urdu. But that is funny, in punjab no matter how much we talk to one another in punjabi language, when it comes to writing any message, it is always written in urdu, because that is what we are used to since our childhood. It looks really odd to write a pure punjabi message to someone even though we easily can if we want.
Nah its Punjabi for us. No matter how hard we try cant speak Urdu with each other. Same with texts. However with cousins and sis its always Urdu.

Its too hard man. When we have to communicate but don’t want the kids to understand we use urdu (but it work if the kid is 4-5 years old) after that english). Like if my nephew have flue and someone brought icecream. We would say “isko chupaao or hide it rehan is here” :lol:
In our family, people are multilingual. My mom can speak Pashtu and Persian fluently in addition to English and Urdu. My father prefer Urdu in home but he speaks Punjabi & Seraiki with locals. He writes prose and articles in English. My sister is like a little spy, so when me and my brother are together, we try to throw some words from different languages around the globe which "e.g. Arigato = Thanks in Japanese, mita koolu = How are you, Der kleine Teufel ist da = little devil is here", some German, some French.. so the spies are always confused and can't decode our plans :) ... and yeah I can speak Swedish with my wife when other people are around :)

lol. I don't recall ever using it. Might be subconscious from reading other posts that did it.

Damn peer influence.
But what does it mean?

Back
Top Bottom