What's new

Whether India invites me or not, I will visit India. Nawaz Sharif

It is a double edged sword for Congress. All the bonhomie will quickly backfire if (and when?) the ISI - LeT duo pull another Mumbai stunt. MMS seems to be betting heavily on Nawaz to keep the trouble makers at bay. For the sake of humanity, lets hope that Nawaz is sincere this time. :undecided:

His sincerity is not necessarily doubted but his peace overtures to India need to be preceded by much more control over the army. Otherwise as you say, another 26/11 is guaranteed.

His sincerity is not necessarily doubted but his peace overtures to India need to be preceded by much more control over the army. Otherwise as you say, another 26/11 is guaranteed.

Do you believe that Nawaz did not know about the Kargil intrusion before the Indian army did? I find that hard to accept especially when you consider that his party is rumored to have links with the 'freedom fighters'.

I do admit that his interview to Karan Tharpar paints sincerity. He is humble and graceful on the TV screen at least.

ummm, if india doesn't invite him, wouldn't an uninvited, forced entry by sharif into indian territory be considered invasion and war? mr. sharif seriously didn't see the problem of this line?

that said, i think a visit to india and cordial dialog between pakistani and indian leaders will do good in the subcontinent and for pakistan in particular, which badly needs recuperation from a long, wasteful war that angloamericans imposed on pakistan.

ummm, if india doesn't invite him, wouldn't an uninvited, forced entry by sharif into indian territory be considered invasion and war? mr. sharif seriously didn't see the problem of this line?

1) You don't need an invitation to visit India. A visit visa will be sufficient.
2) Nawaz was just trying to send a message of peace.

He is all over the place trying to send the right signals in and around Pakistan.
Meeting IK in the hospital with a bunch of flowers,
Making statements to the international community on the war on terror,
Statements on power problem, drones, economy in Pakistan
Sending mateing cries to India.

Trying to win the Nobel peace price?
Should appreciate him for breaking the ice and making a start for sure.

im all about regional integration and cooperation, but "one of the only chances"

you are kidding me right? :laugh:

strenghtening of democratic institutions is not contignent on our relations with that neighbour country

keeping military "in check" ???? They dont need to be "in check" because for the past 5 years alone they have shown the most political maturity....in fact, people ran to the Army to save Pakistan from a confrontation course between the Exec and the Judiciary (and that was when Mr. 10 Percent's tenure was in its infancy!)

The Army humbly asked for political maturity (behind the scenes not in public) -- and a solution was reached. The Army did not need to be "kept in check" then

so for you to say "keep the army in check" ?

Give me a break, i don't accept that.

Exactly. We have a domestic 'audience' to tend to; and this guy on the same day after polls show he won a comfortable # seats --- he's talking about making visits to a country that ISNT EVEN OUR ALLY! I mean -- make an address first to the NATION.

An ADDRESS, not a list of promises.

a civilian

He ordered a serving Army Chief's CIVILIAN AIRCRAFT (one that was chock-full of civilians and so low on fuel that it was running on fumes) to be diverted to an enemy nation.

That's treachery.

He ran off to Bill Clinton because he couldnt stand a little bit of "international pressure" during what was initially a sweeping victory against enemy forces. And then to claim he didnt even know about the clandestine operation :laugh:

He dismissed himself when he did these things.

We were under sanctions for going nuclear. He has business savvy people in his cabinet; his brother his very talented and speaks well.

But the point is - he served 2 terms and he failed 2 times. Pakistanis voted and it appears that despite some rigging (in 3 Provinces) -- NS has won almost majority of seats.

What I say here is irrelevant on national level because my views alone don't matter against the "masses"

But if you yapped your mouthes about any major "change" but you still voted for an "old-timer" -- then kindly block me from your list b/c there's no grounds for me to talk to such people.

80 million voters voted; 60% turnout.

A democratic process took place, and I'm glad about that.

It's the locustry, the treachery that gets me boiling. And don't go on about "Dont you dare" this or that because you don't know me.

First of all, nothing you've said has any merit.

First, explain to me what else Pakistan has, besides a few markets willing to cooperate with Pakistan? We got China, Iran and India, a few more markets here and there...and that's about it.

Second, you seem to be confusing Keyani with the entire military. Keyani has shown maturity, if it was any other general, there would have been a coup.

He's visiting India because he was invited by the leader of that nation, Pakistan and India don't have to be enemies and the fact that they remain so is because of people like you!

I find it amusing how you're cutting my entire response and not addressing it in it's proper context. For example, of course the president was a civilian, you don't have to point that out, it's common knowledge. You make it seem like I'm against the military, when I'm not.

Nawaz picked a fight with the military and lost, I acknowledge that. He did not, however, send the plane into enemy territory, he just refused to let it land, which is why Musharraf had ordered his arrest. Show a bit of maturity, because you're just spouting nonsense.

The fact is that he probably didn't know about the operation, and EVEN IF HE DID, what could Pakistan do? hmmm? I'm listening? Risk sanctions? Risk a drawn out war, which India would have inevitably won because of the sheer man-power and resources they possessed?

You're making bad assumptions and assertions, don't assume that Pakistan would have won, because war is unpredictable.

He served two times PARTIALLY, and he was toppled two times before he could even get to work, the second time only being a YEAR in power. Get your facts straight.

I didn't get a chance to vote, and even if I had the opportunity to vote I wouldn't have voted for him at all.

That's right, I don't know you, and you don't know myself or anyone else on these forums. Again, don't you DARE assume to know me.

Why should I block you? That is a sign of a coward, one who can't handle an argument. I don't block people, I never have and I never will.

Is salay ko koi abhee abhee bhej day, not to forget his brother. Dono ganjay waheen theek hain! :D

Nawaz said that whether they invite him or not..he will visit India.....
Now public says:
"Ganjay you want to go or not..we will send you"

please take him.....
aur don't forget....
offer accept kerne per....
choti tind k saath bari tind free free free......:hitwall:

Indian or US or Saudi :undecided:

whatever pleases you dear...:chilli:

It is a double edged sword for Congress. All the bonhomie will quickly backfire if (and when?) the ISI - LeT duo pull another Mumbai stunt. MMS seems to be betting heavily on Nawaz to keep the trouble makers at bay. For the sake of humanity, lets hope that Nawaz is sincere this time. :undecided:

look, most of what you said is inflammatory and I'm going to mostly ignore it. All I will say on the matter is that I personally disagree that the ISI was involved, to this day no one has been able to that the ISI was involved in anyway. I don't even agree that it's only logical, because it's not.

Nawaz has always been sincere about making peace with India, it's the military that didn't agree. India should worry about more domestic threats than foreign, as attacks from foreign fighters have diminished drastically, while domestic terrorism has increased.

Do you believe that Nawaz did not know about the Kargil intrusion before the Indian army did? I find that hard to accept especially when you consider that his party is rumored to have links with the 'freedom fighters'.

I really couldn't be sure but the general consensus is that he was probably not fully aware, whatever that means. There are way too many conflicting reports on that though the general opinion in India seems to be that he was not fully in the loop. The tension with the military afterwards(after Kargil leading to the coup) is non-explainable any other way.

look, most of what you said is inflammatory and I'm going to mostly ignore it.

Actually, you did not ignore anything from my post. :P

Clearly, I've miffed you by restating the Indian position about ISI involvement in 26/11. That was not my intention here, so lets just agree that we disagree.

Actually, you did not ignore anything from my post. :P

Clearly, I've miffed you by restating the Indian position about ISI involvement in 26/11. That was not my intention here, so lets just agree that we disagree.

I meant ignore it in the sense that I wouldn't go deep into the argument. I'm just annoyed that India's position continues on without any evidence, that's not the sort of behavior that I expect from the world's largest democracy.

Stil, you're right, let's agree to disagree.

What the hell would ISI have to gain in having a hand in 26/11?

Indians think Pakistanis sit there all day trying to do attacks in India when in fact it is the opposite.

If Pakistan do decide to attack, we will shower you with nukes, not some silly attack on a hotel.

Back
Top Bottom