What's new

Where are the Muslims? Burma Myanmar wiping out the Rohingya Muslims!!

All I can say when there is fire in the neighbour's house we can be sleeping saying its their problem.
Yes we can. Not only that - we will.
Myanmar can contain the outcome of evicting Rohingyas, it wont ever trouble us. There is zero need for Indian intervention.

The US or Pakistan or Saudi Arabia or some other thekedar can do it if they want to.

I am a Myanmar. So, I would like to give my POV and opion.

Many media and people are tying to change this situation of ethnicity issue to a religious issue. The key reason many Myanmar are against the Muslim aka Rohingya are due to their long time rivalry and fast growing population of the Rohingyas. Rohingyas used to only comprise of 25 percent of Araken State and now they reached 50 percent. This create some sort of alarms and fear that the Araken or Rakhine would become a minority in their own native land. You must also understand this rivalry between the two races dates back many decades.

The situation can't be solved by either force, sanction or violence. This must take time, compromise and true understanding of the situation on the ground. Though some violent fighting occurs in the state, things are calm right now. Many media exaggerate that we are massacaring muslims, rohingyas in the country if so, why we are allowing UN, IGOs and media into the camps where displaced rohingya lived. Those rohingyas only composed of 10 percent of total rohingya population. The rest of the population are living in their own township.

If the muslims countries really concern about them and you want a fast solution, you can consider mass migration of the rohingyas. We would be happy to help.

FYI: You all are saying sanction against Myanmar by Muslims countries such as Indonesia and Arab countries, I would say it is a useless method. We were able to withstand the sanction by EU and USA very well and believe we can withstand this as well.
Moreover, we are increasing our diplomacy with many muslim countries. Even this year, Indonesia send large delegates to sell weapon to Myanmar and we started to buy weapon from Turkey.

Wont work as Myanmar has been under economic and military sanction for decades and it did nothing. They source what they want from India and China. They are not very dependent on global markets.

Well, you have ignored some fundamental facts. The sanctions were imposed by US and EU, not by UN, that's why several states could keep themselves engaged in trade and investment with Burma. I am talking about an economic blockade endorsed by UN. Also you missed the point I made on Burma's current status, Burma is now opening up, which means they are now more interested to deal with the West and reduce their dependence on China. An economic blockade could halt the bulk of investment that Burma is receiving now, more than enough to make the Burmese regime creak.

FYI: You all are saying sanction against Myanmar by Muslims countries such as Indonesia and Arab countries, I would say it is a useless method. We were able to withstand the sanction by EU and USA very well and believe we can withstand this as well.
Moreover, we are increasing our diplomacy with many muslim countries. Even this year, Indonesia send large delegates to sell weapon to Myanmar and we started to buy weapon from Turkey.

This Muslim ummah idea is all a sham. They may talk a good game but where there's business to be done they will do it.

Well, you have ignored some fundamental facts. The sanctions were imposed by US and EU, not by UN, that's why several states could keep themselves engaged in trade and investment with Burma. I am talking about an economic blockade endorsed by UN. Also you missed the point I made on Burma's current status, Burma is now opening up, which means they are now more interested to deal with the West and reduce their dependence on China. An economic blockade could halt the bulk of investment that Burma is receiving now, more than enough to make the Burmese regime creak.
For the UN to impose economic sanctions, China and Russia would have to agree to it right?
Now do you think China or Russia would not veto any economic sanction proposal ?

I am a Myanmar. So, I would like to give my POV and opion.

Many media and people are tying to change this situation of ethnicity issue to a religious issue. The key reason many Myanmar are against the Muslim aka Rohingya are due to their long time rivalry and fast growing population of the Rohingyas. Rohingyas used to only comprise of 25 percent of Araken State and now they reached 50 percent. This create some sort of alarms and fear that the Araken or Rakhine would become a minority in their own native land. You must also understand this rivalry between the two races dates back many decades.

The situation can't be solved by either force, sanction or violence. This must take time, compromise and true understanding of the situation on the ground. Though some violent fighting occurs in the state, things are calm right now. Many media exaggerate that we are massacaring muslims, rohingyas in the country if so, why we are allowing UN, IGOs and media into the camps where displaced rohingya lived. Those rohingyas only composed of 10 percent of total rohingya population. The rest of the population are living in their own township.

If the muslims countries really concern about them and you want a fast solution, you can consider mass migration of the rohingyas. We would be happy to help.

Thanks for your response. I'm assuming you are at least not considering the Rohingyas as Bengali migrants, we could avoid discussing the historical facts then.

Now let's come to the point. You are blaming the massive population growth of the Rohingyas, but why they are growing as such? Poverty and illiteracy are some of the main reasons behind high population growth and you would obviously agree that both of them are inseparable part of the Rohingya community. But considering this case, Rohingyas could be using their high population as a weapon to deal with a growing threat against a highly anti-Muslim regime. Rivalries are there in almost every country, but none of them are openly calling for expulsion of a particular community unlike Burma.

You have called for a compromise, what sort of compromise would be suitable other than Burmese citizenship for Rohingyas? If third country repatriation is the way to go, what's the guarantee that Burma won't act similarly against other "unwanted" ethnicities? There are Indian Muslims in upper Burma who are also facing massive persecution, then there are also Chins, Karens, Shans etc.

Thanks for your response. I'm assuming you are at least not considering the Rohingyas as Bengali migrants, we could avoid discussing the historical facts then.

Now let's come to the point. You are blaming the massive population growth of the Rohingyas, but why they are growing as such? Poverty and illiteracy are some of the main reasons behind high population growth and you would obviously agree that both of them are inseparable part of the Rohingya community. But considering this case, Rohingyas could be using their high population as a weapon to deal with a growing threat against a highly anti-Muslim regime. Rivalries are there in almost every country, but none of them are openly calling for expulsion of a particular community unlike Burma.

You have called for a compromise, what sort of compromise would be suitable other than Burmese citizenship for Rohingyas? If third country repatriation is the way to go, what's the guarantee that Burma won't act similarly against other "unwanted" ethnicities? There are Indian Muslims in upper Burma who are also facing massive persecution, then there are also Chins, Karens, Shans etc.

I would like to have some authentic sources so that people understand Rohingyas are indigenous Myanmar people.
I recently talked to some Assamese Muslims. And cleared all my misconceptions about them. And got some good links to understand them better.

Why dont we stand against every innocent who gets killed, whether its a muslim in Palestine/india, a jew in germany, hindu in Pakistan?why should it be on the basis on religion?
What makes you think in the first place that we consider blood of non Muslim holier than ours? Great logic,mam!
Indeed we are provided with limited capacities but that doesn't mean that we must not even use our limited strength.It is just like this fantastic analogy that a man must not keep gun for his protection since he is unaware of degree of threat intensity which he may face or doctor must not treat patient since he is about to die.
Yes,following your logic we must close our eyes from everything and stop diagnosing cascade of events which are leading to such huge problems or plan ways to stop it.We must close our eyes from everything,excellent.This resolves everything now! Pakistan and India must stop producing nuclear arms and let kill each other, US must stop crying 9/11 and so on but nay, it may not be possible in the first place because even to kill you must keep your eyes open.
Now if anyone is serious about this issue is welcome the most to make suggestion.If not then you are welcome to follow Mrs.Lavina's policy ,as for me blood of innocent regardless of religion matters the most.
Regards

Last edited:
What makes you think in the first place that we consider blood of non Muslim holier than ours? Great logic,mam!
Do you mean that the life of every non muslim is worth zilch to you??
Have I read it right??
Indeed we are provided with limited capacities but that doesn't mean that we must not even use our limited strength.It is just like this fantastic analogy that a man must not keep gun for his protection since he is unaware of degree of threat intensity which he may face or doctor must not treat patient since he is about to die.
How did you misconstrue it so much??
I just said that we must react to every innocent who is killed and not just to the killings of muslims. I would react to Rohingaya muslim killing because the monks 're wrong.
Yes,following your logic we must close our eyes from everything and stop diagnosing cascade of events which are leading to such huge problems or plan ways to stop it.We must close our eyes from everything,excellent.
Ignoratio elenchi!!!

Pakistan and India must stop producing nuclear arms and let kill each other, US must stop crying 9/11 and so on but nay, it may not be possible in the first place because even to kill you must keep your eyes open.
Now if anyone is serious about this issue is welcome the most to make suggestion.If not then you are welcome to follow Mrs.Lavina's policy ,as for me blood of innocent regardless of religion matters the most.
Regards
You've got everything wrong from my name to the conclusion you've made out of my one liner post.

Last edited:
I don't see there is any need to get involved in any more mess, we have plenty of headache of our own. Lets leave this mess for the Ummah lovers to solve. Make sure no more refugees are let in. There were already few of them involved in terrorists activity on Indian soil.

Wait for China to throw their weight behind Burma every noise here would die down like ebola hit them.
its sheer hypocrisy of bangladeshi jamatis and pakistanis ... no.one speaks when it comes to china.. it suddenly becomes their internal matter and necessity for their internal integrity and security.. but for other nation.. its blasphemy..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom