What's new

When Urdu was the dominant language in Afghanistan

Anyone dares to disagree will be sent to punishment by elephant.

1644912720082.jpeg

A- no, no where except for some parts of Lahore has this change taken place
So from that insular place it looks like everyone is doing the same thing, but vast vast majority of people do not share your experience
B- @M. Sarmad, @Great Janjua this is the mindset that absolutely disgusts me to my core
I'll let y'all see and if you don't feel something anger, sadness in your heart, I'll be surprised

Ok. Lets have a serious non-emotional discussion.

A- go to any school or workplace in Lahore, Islamabad, Karachi and let me know what language you hear? I can tell you right now that you'll hear Urdu. Go to any lower middle class market in Pindi and you'll hear Punjabis, Pothowaris, Pushtoons, Kashmiris, Seraikis speaking Urdu with their own accents. So I am not sure how calling me "from that insular place" is fair. You are the one sitting in the US :)

B- Why do you think adopting a national language is a bad thing? What is so disgusting about it?

I'll tell you what is ridiculous, we are even talking about this , it a non issue
The irony is that you'll often hear people criticising the Scholars of Baghdad for discussions on trivial matters at a time when the Mongols were about to invade.

Here today the whole world is leaving us behind and educated people of our society think changing the national language is a good idea. 🤣

So from that insular place it looks like everyone is doing the same thing, but vast vast majority of people do not share your experience
B- @M. Sarmad, @Great Janjua, @SecularNationalist this is the mindset of some urban upper middle class that absolutely disgusts me to my core
I'll let y'all see and if you don't feel something anger, sadness in your heart, I'll be surprised
It's the urge to be posher sadly, our urban population is looking to break the cultural heritage and move towards western settings. It is sad but what can you do except stare at these fools from a sideline. Our society is going down the hill. Just take a look at our Unis and colleges. The damage has been done.

Urdu basically originated in Punjab where most of cantts areas were.
It started in the backstreets of Old Delhi

B- @M. Sarmad, @Great Janjua, @SecularNationalist this is the mindset of some urban upper middle class that absolutely disgusts me to my core

We, unfortunately, do have a lot of self-loathing Punjabis among us.

We, unfortunately, do have a lot of self-loathing Punjabis among us.
Now on other thread I was saying I consider areas like that impure (I think it was that IP vs PP thread) but you were saying they're part of us etc
But you know this was the reason, they're not "part" of anything, they're a weird halfway thing and no real son of soil would take them seriously

Du in Sumerian means: to come, go, move about

Urdu (Ordu) roots are very ancient originating from Ur, Sumer, birthplace of Prophet Ibrahim [as].

There is no academic evidence to support this theory.

Urdu as much of her vocabulary suggest, sprang about in the Turkic army camps of Persian aristocracy propagating Arab religion in non Turkic,non Arab and non Persian land.

There is still a town called Ordu in Turkey which takes her name from strategic camping place for an armed caravan.

There is no academic evidence to support this theory.

Urdu as much of her vocabulary suggest, sprang about in the Turkic army camps of Persian aristocracy propagating Arab religion in non Turkic,non Arab and non Persian land.

There is still a town called Ordu in Turkey which takes her name from strategic camping place for an armed caravan.
In the "Divan-ı Lügat'it-Türk", Ordu means, Hakan's(Khan's) homeland, and enlisting. Its common usage in Turkish languages are used in the meanings of 'all the armed forces of the state', 'each of the main parts of this force', 'the whole of people who are similar in terms of purpose and quality'. It has common meanings from the Xinjiang to the adriatic. In Turkiye Turkish, we write Turkish Army as 'Türk Ordusu'.

Idk about you lot but F**k learning another language. I'm happy with Urdu as the national language.

Most people know it, its similar to my mother tongue and for talking to foreigners, English does the trick.
Idk why you all have such insecurities.

It's ridiculous to think we ought to adapt Persian or Arabic. We're not in the 16th century anymore.

If you want your kids to succeed teach them programming languages.

Urdu is the best. After ghazwa e hind, how am I supposed to communicate with my bharti servants in arabic or persian?

From the point of view practicality my vote goes to Arabic and English .

Arabic to learn Deen, to check mate the "Jewry" among our ranks twisting their tongues when giving sermons and English to get a grip of technological advancements.

As for any local dialect, well we can just learn it from the family and community and Urdu should be removed from the matric and inter syllabus. It brings nothing to the table except make things difficult for students. The daily dose of tele communication is enough to get familiar with Urdu to facilitate inter provincial interaction .

Back
Top Bottom