What's new

When Hunter proved their name - HUNTER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes......But look what an impact this battle had on the whole war. Do I need to tell the outcome of 1971 Indo-Pak War. If so, you will complain that I am rubbing salt on your wounds.;)

It was 0.4 million Indian troops and a couple of million Bengalis against 90,000 Pakistani troops, so it was inevitable.

Nope..........wrong again. In 1965, India was recovering from 1962 war with China. The morale wasn't at its peak. Also, India didn't start the war, so was on a defensive stance. Our aim was to defend our territory, not to capture Pakistani area.

In 1971 Pakistan was engaged in a civil war, so your point holds little factual value unless you admit that 71 was won because our troops were spread out thin.

An INCH:rofl::rofl:

India gained 1,840 square kilometers of Pakistani territory (640 square kilometers in Azad Kashmir, Pakistan's portion of the state; 460 square kilometers of the Sailkot sector; 380 square kilometers far to the south of Sindh; and most critical, 360 square kilometers on the Lahore front). Pakistan took 540 square kilometers of Indian territory (490 square kilometers in the Chhamb sector and 50 square kilometers around Khem Karan.)

Feel free to disagree; but please provide facts in favor.:tdown:

Actually India held 1813 square kilometres and Pakistan held 777 square kilometres however I was talking about the defence of Lahore and not the war as a whole so please do not take my posts out of context.

Indians seem too much obsessed with this one battle.

Except for Longewala & back stabbing in Bangladesh, anything else you guys have to be obsessed about ??

Grow up and move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom