What's new

What's the difference between civilian Assault Rifles and Military version in USA ?

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Recently I have started following various Military Channels on you tube. Which ever channel I watch when they are giving review of any Gun they mention civilian version and Military or law enforcement version. Can any one explain the difference here ?
@MastanKhan @C130 @Viper0011.

Recently I have started following various Military Channels on you tube. Which ever channel I watch when they are giving review of any Gun they mention civilian version and Military or law enforcement version. Can any one explain the difference here ?
As far as I know civvie versions are all semi auto, they need a special license for full auto.

military assault rifles are fully automatic while civilians are only semi-automatic and usually come with a long barrel, but with a certain license you can buy a fully automatic assualt rifle,machine guns, etc.

take for instance the P90

the civilian version PS90 it's only semi-automatic and comes with a larger barrel.

ps90p90.jpg

military assault rifles are fully automatic while civilians are only semi-automatic and usually come with a long barrel, but with a certain license you can buy a fully automatic assualt rifle,machine guns, etc.

take for instance the P90

the civilian version PS90 it's only semi-automatic and comes with a larger barrel.

ps90p90.jpg
I can't understand this semi auto and full auto thing. You mean if I put my civilian assault rifle in semi auto mode can I fire entire magazine in one go or not ?

Hi,

Nothing---just the ability to fire automatic---that is it.

Enjoy the link.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1109665_Difference_between_Military_and_civilian_guns.html

I can't understand this semi auto and full auto thing. You mean if I put my civilian assault rifle in semi auto mode can I fire entire magazine in one go or not ?

Hi,

Semi automatic means that each time you have to fire---you pull on the trigger---the bullet fires---with the gas pressure created---the system ejects the spent cartridge and load a new one in its place---you pull the trigger again and it fires again.

For automatic---once you load the chamber---you pull on the trigger and hold it down---it will empty the magazine in one go---unless it jams.

Hi,

Nothing---just the ability to fire automatic---that is it.

Enjoy the link.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1109665_Difference_between_Military_and_civilian_guns.html

Hi,

Semi automatic means that each time you have to fire---you pull on the trigger---the bullet fires---with the gas pressure created---the system ejects the spent cartridge and load a new one in its place---you pull the trigger again and it fires again.

For automatic---once you load the chamber---you pull on the trigger and hold it down---it will empty the magazine in one go---unless it jams.
Okay thanks for that information that is exactly what I wanted to know

bro if you don't know the difference between auto and semi auto then on what bases you were supporting scar in other thread.

bro if you don't know the difference between auto and semi auto then on what bases you were supporting scar in other thread.
In Pakistan if you talk to many people they actually call Machines Guns like MG3 full auto and they consider all Assault Rifles as semi auto. As for SCAR I support SCAR because of its Range and Accuracy and less recoil and lot of other things.

I'd give you an example of an AR-15 (LOVE this baby). The Civilian version isn't automatic. The law enforcement probably is and has some extra hardware, stabilizers, recoil absorbents and a really nice tele. Plus the ammo it uses is the Hollow Point. One bullet can destroy a person's half the organs within a foot of the impact. So no second chances there. The military ones fire automatic bursts, have NV and other cool features and gives you proper aiming stand too. The gun's springs and other internals are ALSO made wit heavier steel and metals, allowing the internal parts to not brakdown even after thousands of bullets have been fired. They use the standard NATO ammo, and some projectiles can be long range too.

ar15.jpg

AR-15C.jpg

BCM_AR-15.jpg

The middle picture from the above is a Civilian version.

In handguns, Seg Sauer is my favorite and its US special forces and SEAL team's favorite too I believe. The gun is combat ready anytime, no locks or anything. Just ready for combat, excellent handling of the recoil, military grade hardware, and with hollow point, you can do wonders with it. The military and law enforcement agencies probablyy use hollow points and automatic features while the civilian ones don't. You could also put a bigger magazine in it with 30 bullets or double-mag. And the military grade would work like a mini Uzi. This is by far the best handgun ever produced IMO. Check out the link

http://www.impactguns.com/sig-sauer-p226-navy-seal-pistol-MK25-798681450695.aspx

although the perfect weapon of choice for civilian self defence / shooting spree is joker's H&K G-18 :

latest

fully automatic :)

:suicide2:
In Pakistan if you talk to many people they actually call Machines Guns like MG3 full auto and they consider all Assault Rifles as semi auto. As for SCAR I support SCAR because of its Range and Accuracy and less recoil and lot of other things.
Which Pakistan sir? We may be living in different ones!
ALSO
Those many people who call only MG as auto and EVERYTHING else as semi auto, do they still insists on knowing everything and being right about all? OR are they open to learn new things and may be change there views if they were not right?

The firing mode is one of the key differences in military and civilian version of the guns. The other thing is concealment. Civilian versions, as in the mentioned case of P90, the civilian version is with longer barrel. There is no major difference in QUALITY if that is what you meant to ask.

:suicide2:

Which Pakistan sir? We may be living in different ones!
ALSO
Those many people who call only MG as auto and EVERYTHING else as semi auto, do they still insists on knowing everything and being right about all? OR are they open to learn new things and may be change there views if they were not right?

The firing mode is one of the key differences in military and civilian version of the guns. The other thing is concealment. Civilian versions, as in the mentioned case of P90, the civilian version is with longer barrel. There is no major difference in QUALITY if that is what you meant to ask.
I have seen soldiers using these terms Mr not just civilians. As for knowing things if you don't want to believe your choice but what I claim to know things I stand by those. And I would be proven right soon.

I have seen soldiers using these terms Mr not just civilians. As for knowing things if you don't want to believe your choice but what I claim to know things I stand by those. And I would be proven right soon.
What are you talking about?o_O
I was just asking that those many people who are so confused as to call MG3 as auto and everything else as semi auto, be it civilian or as you just revealed now, soldiers, are they open enough to change there views if they are wrong or are they stubborn and will keep calling there wrongs as rights? Just wanted to know if there is any hope or not. This is a grave mistake they are making, and a criminal one if they are soldiers too :( I hope they are open to changing there views if they are proven wrong and wont keep on claiming there follies as facts as that will be quite problematic.

although the perfect weapon of choice for civilian self defence / shooting spree is joker's H&K G-18 :

latest

fully automatic :)
Good for firing at weddings or after match victories may be but I wont like to be struck with this in a self defense situation. The lack of accuracy will be a SERIOUS problem here. With this short barrel as in pistol and full auto firing mode, i wont be surprised if all the bullets miss the target. :)

Back
Top Bottom