What's new

What's the Basic Difference between J-10 & J-10B?

pakpower

Reaction score
Hi to all

My Question is this what's the Basic Difference between J-10 & J-10B in regards to their full Capabilities and also their details specs?

Kissii koo pataa hai in details if yes then do explain in details.....:smitten:

There are no official specs out on the B version. All is hearsay. As far as i know AL31 FN1 engine, Bubble canopy, possibly wing tip rails, incorporated IRST, and PESA/AESA radar.

J10B isn't out yet so nobody can be sure and china (and pakistan) do not advertise what they posses or are trying to buy. So your question might have a lot of responses but they would be rumors at best.

So let me begin with these rumors: a different engine, more powerful radar PESA/AESA, DSI, TVC(?), etc are some of these rumors.

Internal weapon bay is the most bogus rumor available. However some of the other potential capabilities could be reality. We just have to wait.

Rumors of Structural changes possible cross of Original J-10 and EF2000...a bogus rumor of conformal fuel tanks addition for longer range is out of question. Most probably Wings will more likely be like eurofighter..

Rumors of Structural changes possible cross of Original J-10 and EF2000...a bogus rumor of conformal fuel tanks addition for longer range is out of question. Most probably Wings will more likely be like eurofighter..

The rumours don't mean the J-10B has Typhoon's wings. They mean J-10B's wings may have EW/ECM/Towed Decoy pods on the wing-tips, Typhoon has these. Also, longer leading-edge flaps may be fitted. Any structural changes will almost certainly be minor - you probably won't be able to tell the difference between the A and B versions just by looking.:)

I think we can expect TVC.

Rumours/unconfirmed reports also claim DSI intake...

I would say the other way would be more probable especially with the overhauling problem that comes with the TVC. Also since pak/china already have experience using DSI, I don't see why this feature would be missing.

Vow. Purely from the aesthetic point i hate the chin inlet. A DSI would look much better in addition to possibly be easy maintenance wise.
Rgeards
Araz

lol why are you guys constantly repeating this DSI business? Why would J-10 need DSI?

by hj786
lol why are you guys constantly repeating this DSI business? Why would J-10 need DSI?

well accordind to sir araz it all about aesthetics :azn:

;)
Vow. Purely from the aesthetic point i hate the chin inlet. A DSI would look much better in addition to possibly be easy maintenance wise.

''The J-10B (also called the FC-20) is TOTALLY DIFFERENT from the usual J-10A you see in the PLAAF. The J-10B is a SUPER ADVANCED near-5th-generation fighter that stands on a WHOLE NEW GENERATION than the J-10A.
The J-10B / FC-20 is said to be superior to and more advanced than the MiG-35 and the latest Eurofighter Typhoon versions.''
....In response to a specific request from Pakistan, CAC and its affiliated 611 Institute are now developing tandem-seat deep interdictor variant of the J-10, which will be equipped with a laser target acquisition/designation pod, laser-/GPS-guided PGMs, as well as PL-9C within-visual-range and PL-12 beyond-visual-range air combat missiles built by the Luoyang Opto-Electro Technology Development Centre. Design of this variant is derived from the J-10B operational conversion trainer that made its maiden flight on December 26, 2003. The J-10B features a stretched forward fuselage and a single-piece bubble canopy. Its dorsal spine has been enlarged to accommodate those avionics displaced by the rear cockpit. To date, two J-10B prototypes have been built. The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has to date ordered 36 J-10As and four J-10Bs, and wants to induct up to 40 J-10B deep interdictors—to be called FC-20—into service by 2015. The PAF is widely expected to equip its FC-20s with the SELEX Sensors and Airborne Systems-built X-band Vixen 500E airborne active phased-array fire-control radar....

but then again we wont know untill this product hits the international markets

''The J-10B (also called the FC-20) is TOTALLY DIFFERENT from the usual J-10A you see in the PLAAF. The J-10B is a SUPER ADVANCED near-5th-generation fighter that stands on a WHOLE NEW GENERATION than the J-10A.
The J-10B / FC-20 is said to be superior to and more advanced than the MiG-35 and the latest Eurofighter Typhoon versions.''
....In response to a specific request from Pakistan, CAC and its affiliated 611 Institute are now developing tandem-seat deep interdictor variant of the J-10, which will be equipped with a laser target acquisition/designation pod, laser-/GPS-guided PGMs, as well as PL-9C within-visual-range and PL-12 beyond-visual-range air combat missiles built by the Luoyang Opto-Electro Technology Development Centre. Design of this variant is derived from the J-10B operational conversion trainer that made its maiden flight on December 26, 2003. The J-10B features a stretched forward fuselage and a single-piece bubble canopy. Its dorsal spine has been enlarged to accommodate those avionics displaced by the rear cockpit. To date, two J-10B prototypes have been built. The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has to date ordered 36 J-10As and four J-10Bs, and wants to induct up to 40 J-10B deep interdictors—to be called FC-20—into service by 2015. The PAF is widely expected to equip its FC-20s with the SELEX Sensors and Airborne Systems-built X-band Vixen 500E airborne active phased-array fire-control radar....

but then again we wont know untill this product hits the international markets

ANTIBODY quit posting this crap everywhere.
Funny thing is, he posted this rubbish on WorldAffairsBoard.com and got banned :lol: specifically for the "J-10B / FC-20 is said to be superior to and more advanced than... the latest Eurofighter Typhoon" part. :disagree: Seriously can some mod please warn him against posting this kind of stuff?

arsalan, maybe sir Araz prefers DSI on himself as well to improve his own aesthetics! Lets add a DSI bump to his nose and mouth intakes! What do you say Araz? :agree::lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom