What's new

What's the Basic Difference between J-10 & J-10B?

''The J-10B (also called the FC-20) is TOTALLY DIFFERENT from the usual J-10A you see in the PLAAF. The J-10B is a SUPER ADVANCED near-5th-generation fighter that stands on a WHOLE NEW GENERATION than the J-10A.
The J-10B / FC-20 is said to be superior to and more advanced than the MiG-35 and the latest Eurofighter Typhoon versions.''
....In response to a specific request from Pakistan, CAC and its affiliated 611 Institute are now developing tandem-seat deep interdictor variant of the J-10, which will be equipped with a laser target acquisition/designation pod, laser-/GPS-guided PGMs, as well as PL-9C within-visual-range and PL-12 beyond-visual-range air combat missiles built by the Luoyang Opto-Electro Technology Development Centre. Design of this variant is derived from the J-10B operational conversion trainer that made its maiden flight on December 26, 2003. The J-10B features a stretched forward fuselage and a single-piece bubble canopy. Its dorsal spine has been enlarged to accommodate those avionics displaced by the rear cockpit. To date, two J-10B prototypes have been built. The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has to date ordered 36 J-10As and four J-10Bs, and wants to induct up to 40 J-10B deep interdictors—to be called FC-20—into service by 2015. The PAF is widely expected to equip its FC-20s with the SELEX Sensors and Airborne Systems-built X-band Vixen 500E airborne active phased-array fire-control radar....

but then again we wont know untill this product hits the international markets

Sorry if I sound too harsh, but that's total crap. And since "we don't know until this product hits the market", perhaps we should stop misleading people till then. There is no evidence whatsoever that a J10B will be superior to the latest Typhoon. Don't be so speculative.

Sorry if I sound too harsh, but that's total crap. And since "we don't know until this product hits the market", perhaps we should stop misleading people till then. There is no evidence whatsoever that a J10B will be superior to the latest Typhoon. Don't be so speculative.

Since J10-B has not been publicaly displayed but there were developments which connect things.
BTW, it has been even reported by Janes that J10-B will have TVC and this is quite notable difference in response to the subject question about basic difference.
I believe that there would be noticable differences in air frame as well.
DSI is touted to be one of it with all its advantages.

PAF itself said that FC-20 will have TVC:

Pakistan to introduce 36 China-made fighter planes | Pakistan Daily

Regarding DSI; IIRC it helps reduce RCS by concealing the engine blades.

Thanks for the source on TVC. I have read on some sources that China has actually contributed to the development costs of a Russian 3D TVC engine for J-11 and J-10 (a 3D TVC variant of Al-31), BUT the engine is supposed to need frequent overhauls, so I am not sure FC-20 will come with TVC. Maybe if a TVC nozzle is fitted to China's WS-10A engine this problem will be solved.

Also, on the DSI, do you not think that since J-10's intake is underneath the fuselage, the engine blades are hidden anyway? I still doubt J-10 needs DSI. DSI will limit the max speed of J-10 too, you need variable geometry intakes to go much above Mach 2 from what I have read.

ANTIBODY quit posting this crap everywhere.
Funny thing is, he posted this rubbish on WorldAffairsBoard.com and got banned :lol: specifically for the "J-10B / FC-20 is said to be superior to and more advanced than... the latest Eurofighter Typhoon" part. :disagree: Seriously can some mod please warn him against posting this kind of stuff?

arsalan, maybe sir Araz prefers DSI on himself as well to improve his own aesthetics! Lets add a DSI bump to his nose and mouth intakes! What do you say Araz? :agree::lol:

Is that right? ANTIBODY stop it then :coffee:

i got banned because i said ' downgrading jf17 to a paf f7 level and after downgrading, then, comparing it with the lca and praising lca all the way (which is hypothetical and onpaper) is hilarious and onesided' period..[i contributed only 3 posts there.. they didnt even warn me... i have to say i was hurt!]
.. also i reckon the people were pro-indian.and they really have a onesided opinion on paf capabilities.. just look at the posts and you'll get an idea... but other forumns cant be discussed here

1]secondly i havent made it up.it has too many technical terms that i as a docter cant compile myself.
2]i know the original specs of j10 would come when it hits the market.. i also said it on the above post..
3]i posted it here in good faith becuse the people above my post were also talking about thrust vectoring and dsi rumours surrounding j10..and i used the phrase 'is said to be' indicating that its also a rumour

but it does give an indication where the supposed j10 might be going so in that regard its informative..this is a great thing about forumns, if u dont make fun of the other's airforce ,but contribute whatever info u have.. it gets rectified right away.

i hope the misunderstanding is removed
peace

@hj786.. please look at all my posts man... they are not totally uninformative ''rubbish'' and ''crap'' as u call it in this thread.Be courteous when disagreeing with others. It is possible to disagree without being insulting..

*In this thread you are downplaying j10 against eurofighter ....and calling my statement as crap.

''''ANTIBODY quit posting this crap everywhere.
Funny thing is, he posted this rubbish on WorldAffairsBoard.com and got banned specifically for the "J-10B / FC-20 is said to be superior to and more advanced than... the latest Eurofighter Typhoon" part. Seriously can some mod please warn him against posting this kind of stuff?''''

*This is your contradicting statement in the eiyree options thread in which you are yourself equalizing j10 to eurofighter and and again calling my post rubbish and crap
''''ANTIBODY, if the Pakistan Air Force (Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood) does not doubt that China can make J-10 into a Eurofighter-class aircraft, who the hell are you to say they are "thinking/daydreaming that j10 could be beafed upto the specs of eurofighter"? If you want to make posts, you can at least make sure not to fill them with rubbish.''''

*this attitude is in most of your posts..thread on j10 investing , u replied to poor chap like this

''''Why do you keep typing this newby crap? If you don't know anything, why keep posting?
India does not have PAK-FA or F-16 and will not have them for many years.
Will you please grow up.''''

i'm not a 20year old to be talked to like that.

you are continously calling people's post as crap in all threads... i think you are in serious trouble with the mods by using such arragant tone

newbies are not snubbed in the manner u did, rather they are encouraged

Last edited:
i got banned because i said ' downgrading jf17 to a paf f7 level and after downgrading, then, comparing it with the lca and praising lca all the way (which is hypothetical and onpaper) is hilarious and onesided' period..[i contributed only 3 posts there.. they didnt even warn me... i have to say i was hurt!]
.. also i reckon the people were pro-indian.and they really have a onesided opinion on paf capabilities.. just look at the posts and you'll get an idea... but other forumns cant be discussed here

1]secondly i havent made it up.it has too many technical terms that i as a docter cant compile myself.
2]i know the original specs of j10 would come when it hits the market.. i also said it on the above post..
3]i posted it here in good faith becuse the people above my post were also talking about thrust vectoring and dsi rumours surrounding j10..and i used the phrase 'is said to be' indicating that its also a rumour

but it does give an indication where the supposed j10 might be going so in that regard its informative..this is a great thing about forumns, if u dont make fun of the other's airforce ,but contribute whatever info u have.. it gets rectified right away.
i hope the misunderstanding is removed
peace

@hj786.. please look at all my posts man... they are not totally uninformative ''rubbish'' and ''crap'' as u call it in this thread.Be courteous when disagreeing with others. It is possible to disagree without being insulting..
*In this thread you are downplaying j10 against eurofighter ....and calling my statement as crap.
''''ANTIBODY quit posting this crap everywhere.
Funny thing is, he posted this rubbish on WorldAffairsBoard.com and got banned specifically for the "J-10B / FC-20 is said to be superior to and more advanced than... the latest Eurofighter Typhoon" part. Seriously can some mod please warn him against posting this kind of stuff?''''
*This is your contradicting statement in the eiyree options thread in which you are yourself equalizing j10 to eurofighter and and again calling my post rubbish and crap
''''ANTIBODY, if the Pakistan Air Force (Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood) does not doubt that China can make J-10 into a Eurofighter-class aircraft, who the hell are you to say they are "thinking/daydreaming that j10 could be beafed upto the specs of eurofighter"? If you want to make posts, you can at least make sure not to fill them with rubbish.''''
*this attitude is in most of your posts..thread on j10 investing , u replied to poor chap like this
''''Why do you keep typing this newby crap? If you don't know anything, why keep posting?
India does not have PAK-FA or F-16 and will not have them for many years.
Will you please grow up.''''
i'm not a 20year old to be talked to like that.
you are continously calling people's post as crap in all threads... i think you are in serious trouble with the mods by using such arragant tone
newbies are not snubbed in the manner u did, rather they are encouraged

Firstly, I have never said J-10B will be Eurofighter class. If I have, I apologise because I was WRONG.
What I have said, is that China CAN EVENTUALLY (after some years) upgrade and modify J-10 into a Eurofighter class aircraft. THAT is why PAF is investing in it more than F-16 block 52. (They are buying 36 J-10 initially, but only 18 block 52)
"Pakistan Air Force (Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood) does not doubt that China can make J-10 into a Eurofighter-class aircraft," this is what i said. I should have made it more clear that J-10B is not a eurofighter, but I did not say it is either.

Secondly, this is the link to the thread where you were banned on World Affairs Board: J-10 and its questionable claims - Page 4
Here is the quote of what the moderator (Officer of Engineers) said when he banned you:
Officer of Engineers said:
ANTIBODY said:
The J-10B / FC-20 is said to be superior to and more advanced than the MiG-35 and the latest Eurofighter Typhoon versions.''
And that was what I was waiting for - good bye.

ANTIBODY I don't know what you are or how old you are, but if you really are a "docter" like you claim, then I apologise and have ultimate respect for you.
I do not intend to snub the newbies, but why do these newbies not research what they are posting?

Last edited:
thanks for the link... i didnt even try to explain myself because it was not a very informative place anyway... i suggest u delete the link because we are not allowed to post links/compare other forumns...... no hard feelings

thanks for the link... i didnt even try to explain myself because it was not a very informative place anyway... i suggest u delete the link because we are not allowed to post links/compare other forumns...
... no hard feelings

Back
Top Bottom