What's new

What's next warship designs for Vietnam Navy in future?

@Carlosa, Vietnam and India are natural friends, Vietnamese loves Neru, Gandhi, ... and I think Indian loves Vietnamese.
the relation lasts for so long. just like the one between Vietnam and Cuba, Latin American... African colonies.

Absolutely bro, and I would add that another thing in common between India and Vietnam is that both countries share the fact of being non aligned countries, they follow an independent course which I think its very wise in an otherwise very polarized world.

This is nice, but no stealth, its the typical Molniya design. The 8 yakhont are definitely a plus.

In recent news, total 8 Molniya delivered, sea trial or under overall assembly.
And 4 more of upgraded Molniya would be built in 2016. I am wondering what UPGRADE Molniya look like !!!

In recent news, total 8 Molniya delivered, sea trial or under overall assembly.
And 4 more of upgraded Molniya would be built in 2016. I am wondering what UPGRADE Molniya look like !!!

Interesting!!! I guess the upgrades could be in terms of stealth, air defense which is currently very bad and possibly some active ASW which is non existent in the current boats.

Interesting!!! I guess the upgrades could be in terms of stealth, air defense which is currently very bad and possibly some active ASW which is non existent in the current boats.

the difference of new batch of 4:
improved design
propulsion: replace Russian Vympel by Ukraine version ( buy direct from Ukraine )

the difference of new batch of 4:
improved design
propulsion: replace Russian Vympel by Ukraine version ( buy direct from Ukraine )

That's not much of an upgrade, are you sure that's all there is? How do you know?

I don't know.

Btw, Sigma deal is real.

VN should it have gone into the Sigma bandwagon years earlier, they took forever to negotiate the contract, the Sigmas are clearly better than the Gepards.

VN should it have gone into the Sigma bandwagon years earlier, they took forever to negotiate the contract, the Sigmas are clearly better than the Gepards.

This guy ( Damen design ) look similar to what has been told that American donated to Vietnam ( Damen design too )
But Vietnam has built atleast 20x of this in Vietnam
FCS5009
Specification::
Length over all:: 53,25 m
Length moulded: 52,00 m
Beam over all: 10,10 m
Beam moulded: 9,00 m
Depth at side: 4,70 m
Draught aft: 3,20 m
Power: 6000 hp (4472 kW)
Normal speed: 22 knot
The range at max. speed 3100 nautical miles
Capacity of crew 80 - 100 people
Engine 4 x Caterpillar 3512C
Hull structure: Steel
Superstructure Aluminium

FSSdong.gif

fcs-5009-giai-phap-bo-sung-tau-tuan-tra-cho-csb-viet-nam.jpg

FCS_5009_View_1.ashx

This guy ( Damen design ) look similar to what has been told that American donated to Vietnam ( Damen design too )
But Vietnam has built atleast 20x of this in Vietnam
FCS5009
Specification::
Length over all:: 53,25 m
Length moulded: 52,00 m
Beam over all: 10,10 m
Beam moulded: 9,00 m
Depth at side: 4,70 m
Draught aft: 3,20 m
Power: 6000 hp (4472 kW)
Normal speed: 22 knot
The range at max. speed 3100 nautical miles
Capacity of crew 80 - 100 people
Engine 4 x Caterpillar 3512C
Hull structure: Steel
Superstructure Aluminium

FSSdong.gif

fcs-5009-giai-phap-bo-sung-tau-tuan-tra-cho-csb-viet-nam.jpg

FCS_5009_View_1.ashx

Yes, the ship looks nice, but so far they have not build them for the coast guard yet, right? Only for the civilian market.

Yes, the ship looks nice, but so far they have not build them for the coast guard yet, right? Only for the civilian market.

2x OPV similar to 8001, 8002 or KN781, 782 under construction. Now.

You mean 2 of the 5009 class under construction for the coast guard?

No. I mean 2 more DN-2000 OPV - bigger one. I'm not sure about 3307 or 5009 although they have been building in 189 Shipyard for few years in : Haiphong and Da Nang facility.

189 shipyard is a military shipyard, which I ever been a supplier of their aluminum structures for ships. I ever visited Haiphong facility of 189 shipyard already.

So an INS Shivalik isn't a bad choice. It's not so expensive
The Shivlaik class are 7000 ton $800 million USD warships, I don't think they are appropriate for VN. Anyway they are not in production anymore and their follow on class (P-17A) will cost almost $1 BN USD.

Back
Top Bottom