What's new

What will be the Payload of GSLV MK III to LEO?

^^ i have visited ISRO site. I want to know whether "GSLV MK III can carry 10 tons to LEO" statement true or not

There are some sources including an idrw article which claim so

Just a thought...
Wasn't it easier and perhaps cost effective to buy a Russian RD-180 or 170 and use it for Indian rockets than developing their own?

Once we know the tech and development we can produce cheaper than most of the nations :cheers:

Just a thought...
Wasn't it easier and perhaps cost effective to buy a Russian RD-180 or 170 and use it for Indian rockets than developing their own?

1. PSLV and GSLV rockets are one of the most cost effective rocket in the world , having cost per KG of $12,000/kg in the category of bellow 2 ton satellite. PSLV and GSLV uses home made engines.(Though GSLV previously used Russian cryogenic engine)

2. Indian space industry don't want to hinge on single engine RD180. Russia should tranfer the technology if they want to sell that to India. I know Russia won't do it hence we are taking the help of Ukraine which share same technology of Soviet union.

^^ i have visited ISRO site. I want to know whether "GSLV MK III can carry 10 tons to LEO" statement true or not

There are some sources including an idrw article which claim so

Simple mathematics for you :

maximum weight of a satellite in LEO ~ 2.5 times of weight in GTO.

2.5*4 ton =10 ton in LEO.

LVM3 (GSLV Mk III)

Vehicle Specifications
Height : 43.43 m
Vehicle Diameter : 4.0 m
Heat Shield Diameter : 5.0 m
Number of Stages : 3
Lift Off Mass : 640 tonnes

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

geo.png

Payload to GTO: 4,000 kg
LVM3 will be capable of placing the 4 tonne class satellites of the GSAT series into Geosynchronous Transfer Orbits.

care.png

Payload to LEO: 8,000 kg
The powerful cryogenic stage of LVM3 enables it to place heavy payloads into Low Earth Orbits of 600 km altitude.

cryo.png

Cryogenic Upper Stage : C25

The C25 is powered by CE-20, India's largest cryogenic engine, designed and developed by the Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre of ISRO located at Thiruvananthapuram.

Cryo Stage Height : 13.5 m
Cryo Stage Diameter : 4.0 m
Engine : CE-20
Fuel : 27 tonnes of LOX + LH2

Thrust : 186 kN

Back
Top Bottom