What's new

What will be the best Attack Helicopter for PAF?

soon china 'll come up with its latest attack copter to out smart all its rivals ,you know what i mean . most cost effective one.

^^^PAF dosnt operate attack helos - this is the domain of the PAA Corps.!!!

AH-64D would be a good choice for the PAA, but since the US is un-willing then the AH-1Z would do just fine - 2 squadrons.

Mass production of turkish attack helicopter will start in 2013? :blink:

That's way too late, it means we won't be able to get it till atleast 2013? Right?

We need a good attack chopper, similar to the turkish one but not by 2013! 2011 would be nice :D

Some words about Chinese Z-10

more pressing issue seems to be the semi-unveiling of Z-10 assault helicopter. At the current time, China is mainly reliant on Z-9G and modified Mi-17s as its assault helo force. There is also an assault version of Z-11, but that seems to be not in PLA's plans due to its small size. What we can clearly see with the recent photo of Z-10 is that it is a tremendous improvement over Z-9G. From the outside, it looks like it will become the stealthiest helicopter in the world once it goes into service (since Comanche is axed already). There are some speculations that its infrared signature is as small as that of Comanche, but this has yet to be verified anywhere. The radar signature definitely looks to be smaller than other stealthy helicopters out there like the Tiger. From this picture, we can't even see the intake of Z-10, but I read that it's suppose to be at the back. We know that it has all the important features of a modern attack helicopter. A MMW radar like Longbow is under development and should be fitted on top of the rotor pretty soon. From a previous picture, Z-10 has 4 pylons. Each of which can carry 4 HJ-10 ATGMs (as seen in this picture) or 4 TY-90 AAMs. The transmission of Z-10 was supposedly co-developed with Eurocopter; and might even be more advanced than that of the Tiger. The rotor system and the engine are from Agusta and P&W Canada respectively. Indigenous replacement for both are currently in development. Z-10 has even flied off with WZ-9 engine last year. However, it appears to me that WZ-9 is still far below the performance level of PT7C series. A PT7C fitted Z-10 would have the highest T/W ratio of any helicopter in the world, but the same cannot be said about WZ-9. Therefore, PLA would have to decide whether it wants to use the cheaper+indigenous engine or the foreign+vastly superior engine. My hope is that WZ-9 is only fitted on enough helicopters to ensure that it will be a viable option if the PT7C choice is ever taken away. As we go forward, it looks like Z-10/Z-9G will form a hi-lo combination like Mi-28N/Mi-24 for the Russians. Z-10 is simply too expensive in the near term to be equipped more than that. Supposedly, a first regiment of 12 Z-10 are now deployed, so I will be waiting for more pictures to come out.
207e972536f0e16112becae69f0908b5.jpg

AH-64D would be a good choice for the PAA, but since the US is un-willing then the AH-1Z would do just fine - 2 squadrons.

SRI LANKAN in his earlier post said that AH-1Z will be available for export market in 2015 ,thats too late also if u know the fact that Americans will never provide us their brand new hardware so easily.PA badly needs a good chopper i thnk t-129 will be the best

AH1Z may end up being the only choice PA has with regards to attack helos. Apache is not for ssale to us, Tiger too expensive, Ruskies out of the picture, ATAK, post 2013 production and analysis may take another 2-3 yrs, Z10 still has engine problems.The problem is what does one do now????? AH1Ws as interims. Would uncle plau ball with uson this one?. What s your input on this one.?
Thanks
Araz

AH1Z may end up being the only choice PA has with regards to attack helos. Apache is not for ssale to us, Tiger too expensive, Ruskies out of the picture, ATAK, post 2013 production and analysis may take another 2-3 yrs, Z10 still has engine problems.The problem is what does one do now????? AH1Ws as interims. Would uncle plau ball with uson this one?. What s your input on this one.?
Thanks
Araz

I agree with Araz i think in reality right now is AH1A seems like the only opition as all the other players are out of the pic .. as per diff issues . I say if the US is willing to sell we shall buy and buy in just enough numbers for now then in the future go ATAK just my thoguht .:coffee:

Unfortunately Brothers, The mass production of T-129 will start in 2013. Until this date, Turkish defence industry will have developed many useful systems to integrate on Atak's.

-MMW Radars
-UMTAS and Cirit Missiles
-Boron Carbour light armours
-AVCI HMCS

Turkey has also described an urgent need for Attack helicopters like Pakistan and As you said above We also do not have any other options more different than ordering some second hand Whisky class Cobra Copters until A group of T-129 will be operational but We have a serious problem. USA is not selling us any Whicky class Cobras in order to long operational use against Taliban and El-Qaide.

T-129 Atak

Last edited:
I agree with Araz i think in reality right now is AH1A seems like the only opition as all the other players are out of the pic .. as per diff issues . I say if the US is willing to sell we shall buy and buy in just enough numbers for now then in the future go ATAK just my thoguht .:coffee:

I agree to keeping our poptions open.Tayyeb Erdogan's generous offer to PA is a glowing example of the spirit of Love and commeradery that exists between the Turkish and Pakistani armies and indeed the people. We need to forever be aware of this angle.
Araz

Brothers,

Pak-Turk real defence cooperations will be started after 2014-15. If you realise that We, Turks have always been introducing our defence programs started new in defence.pk. In near future, We will see more serious and more matured defence systems such as T-129 Atak, Altay MBT, Milgem, Every type Anti-Tank missiles, Precision guided A-G Missiles, TF-2000 AAW production, Armed UAV's...etc until 2014 ... Current MoU agreements about Milgem, Tiha UAV signed between Pak-Turk is just to point the beggining phases of our cooperation story for future... :)

Last edited:
The Denel AH-2 Rooivalk is an Attack helicopter manufactured by Denel Aerospace Systems of South Africa.

Specifications

General characteristics

Crew: 2 (pilot & weapon systems officer)
Length: 18.73 m, 61ft 5in (main rotor to tail rotor); 16.39 m fuselage ()
Rotor diameter: 15.58 m (51ft)
Height: 5.19 m (17ft)
Empty weight: 5,190 kg (11,441 lb)
Max takeoff weight: 8,750 kg (19,290 lb)
Internal fuel capacity: 1,469 kg, (3,238 lb)
Powerplant: 2× Turbomeca Makila 1K2 turboshafts, 1,492 kW (sea-level ISA) (2,001 shp) each

Performance

Maximum speed: 309 km/h (193 mph)
Range: 700 km combat; 1,130 km ferry (440 mi / 700 mi)
Service ceiling: 6,000 m (20,000 ft)
Rate of climb: 13.3 m/s (2,105 ft/min)
Disc loading: lb/ft² (kg/m²)
Power/mass: hp/lb (kW/kg)

Armament

1 x F2 20 mm cannon, 700 rounds
8 or 16 x Mokopa ZT-6 long-range anti-tank guided missiles (ATGM),
4 x MBDA Mistral air-to-air missiles,
36 or 72 x 70 mm folding fin aerial rockets (FFAR)

Back
Top Bottom